• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP's, what have you invented?

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
you speak the truth. :ninja:

But my favorite all time thing to do is make something differently. Why buy a zeppelin for microphones when I can make one out of gutterwire and plastic ties, furry fabric and rubber bands? I love to veganize recipes and now I can make all kinds of shit like Twinkies and Quiche (and always give the food away because I'm such a fussy eater...) Soap, shampoo, hair gel - everything. My whole apartment is just filled with vials of chemicals and potions. I hate buying something only to find out how simple it is to make. I'm in the big city but live completely off the grid. I don't like being screwed over by the man. :)huh:)

...Can I come over? :cheese:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
yeah that's often the motivation behind my inventions too jen, I just hate the idea of being ripped off for something I could make myself, my first thought is always to make it myself and buying things is a last resort!

but there's also just the fact that it's fun, and satisfying when you do it and can stick your tongue out at the people who moaned at you and said it was stupid and why don't you just buy, blah blah blah

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I once had a problem where I watned to stab a guy in the gut AND him over the head with a wrench. The problem is, is that that requires two diffrent tools and therefore takes up both hands. So I invented this,

1178683281493.gif

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJs are supposed to be the Masterminds, what complex operations have you planned?

In my online business, I have to analyze what is going on in my business field, what kinds of products are selling, why people buy what they buy, etc. I have to come up with strategies for increasing sales. Strategy is important in business. I also have to come up with lots of ideas for new products that will sell well. So in that sense I invent things all the time.

Also my web site is kind of a complex operation. I have to design the structure so that it's good for search engine optimization and also be well suited to various marketing methods.

So yeah in some ways my online business is kind of complex and I have to think very strategically to maximize my profits. So I am actually being a mastermind to make my living.

I want to be a multimillionaire and I have other goals, so working on strategies for accomplishing all my goals is a never ending process. That's another way that I have to be a mastermind. I do research on how to achieve my goals and I have to put it all together and make plans.

SonnyCheeba

MBTI Type
ENTP
Not Really an invention, just a short cut/highlight of my thoughts. I wanted to be the first 11's sec quarter mile for a 04 Subaru STi with the specific turbo/most effeciency, most said it couldnt be done, but finally got it.

Topspeed Tuned:20g STi Dyno C-16 - NASIOC

Finally... 11's! - NASIOC

Lame, but some car guys/gals may be interested.

Really the only satisfying part of it is there is a template to follow, and fact i actually finished something.

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
I've invented a number of Internet personas.

And now I've invented a new word, because apparently, "personas" is not a word, according to the Firefox spell checker.
I believe you mean "personae." There, I fixed it!

Please continue. :coffee:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I really find how you all invent in the physical world to be incredibly fascinating. My particular faculty is of more of the verbal/argumentative variety - I guess that's why we're both the inventor and lawyer type... ha!

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
Soap, shampoo, hair gel - everything. My whole apartment is just filled with vials of chemicals and potions. I hate buying something only to find out how simple it is to make. I'm in the big city but live completely off the grid. I don't like being screwed over by the man. :)huh:)

Where do you get the stuff you need to make all of your chemicals and potions?

Synthetic Darkness

Hmm inventing..I don't think I invented anything new, if anything I take things that already existed and just make them better, my older brother being the computer geek that he is made up this system to hack into our school's files in order to erase all his lates and absences so I took that system and used it to hack into the school's network changing my address and phone number so whenever I skip school I don't get a call to my home phone but to my brother's cell phone and my report cards get sent to my cousin's place so I'm free to take them from there and change any grades so I can not get grounded...unfortunately it worked extremely well until we actually moved and my mom changed our address again...oh her face when she saw my third term report card.

"I THOUGHT YOU WERE A STRAIGHT A STUDENT WTF IS UP WITH THIS C- IN MATH!?!?!?!?!?"

Now...I must pray that none of the faculty of my school goes onto this forum...or else I'm screwed.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Not Really an invention, just a short cut/highlight of my thoughts. I wanted to be the first 11's sec quarter mile for a 04 Subaru STi with the specific turbo/most effeciency, most said it couldnt be done, but finally got it.

Topspeed Tuned:20g STi Dyno C-16 - NASIOC

Finally... 11's! - NASIOC

Lame, but some car guys/gals may be interested.

Really the only satisfying part of it is there is a template to follow, and fact i actually finished something.

wait, that's actually pretty awesome! :)

R

Riva

I invented a violent, hate spreading, brainwashing, idiot breeding, unhealthy, stinky religion.
The only issue is it has already been invented by some dude before me.

Synthetic Darkness

Hmm "violent, hate spreading, brainwashing, idiot breeding, unhealthy, and stinky" that would point to any of the three major conventional monotheistic religions >.<

Qre:us

I really find how you all invent in the physical world to be incredibly fascinating. My particular faculty is of more of the verbal/argumentative variety - I guess that's why we're both the inventor and lawyer type... ha!

+1. I'm also quite, what's the word, ah....lazy. :doh: Pretty much all things in life has to meet and exceed the 'effort initiative' point, in order for me to undertake. If I can find the easiest way to get something done, without any actual effort from me, that's the way it shall be done. I won't go out of my way to create something that I know is already readily available and easily accessible. I wish I could change this about myself though....it sounds like fun. :huh:

I get to the point of a 'task' by 'randomly' reaching that point, then, scanning my environment to see how best to connect whatever is available at that moment, to get that task completed, with one goal, minimizing effort (excluding mental effort) from my end.

There's rarely ever a pre-meditated goal with a plan. :doh:

So, any 'inventive thought' then becomes something of an 'in-the-moment' phenomenon.

E.g., I'm hungry. I don't have enough $ to get delivery and am too lazy to go get food or go to the ATM five minutes walking distance away. As I comtemplate my hunger, while having a smoke outside and think, DAMN, if only I had $5 more dollars, I could totally do delivery from X place, I see the neighbours across the street having a garage sale, and a person inquiring that they were scouting for furniture to furnish a room they're putting up for rent.

There's this wonky lamp and a full-length mirror, that I have, and never use, and, given that I'll be leaving this place in a few months, and the headache of all the stuff to move/carry, or drop off at the Charity Store......it, was like, boom, boom, boom. Cost/benefit.

I went over, spoke to the neighbous if they'd allow me to sell some stuff of mine, went upstairs, got my lamp and mirror, added it to THEIR garage sale, sold it within 2 minutes, to that inquiring customer, with $10 in my pocket. And, lunch resolved. With a fiver to spare.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Probably my best physical "invention":

I hate unloading beer and soda cans from the carton into the refrigerator. Don't ask why, I just hate doing it. Growing up, I'd always just want to leave them in the carton, which drove my mother nuts. Then she bought these racks that only held 11 cans for some reason (cartons of soda and beer typically come in 12 in the US, for those unfamiliar).

Well, one day it occurred to me that there's no reason all the cans couldn't be pushed out at the same time, if both ends were open while the cans were held upright in the carton. I open up one end, place it in the refrigerator, open up the other, push and voila! it worked exactly like I thought it would. A two and a half minute annoyance became a thirty second nothing.

Yes, this seems incredibly obvious in retrospect, but it was satisfying at the time.

mhina

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
bleh
I think the Inventor, Architect, healer stereotypes were meant to be taken as symbolic. For example INTPs do no always design skyscrapers.

unityemissions

MBTI Type
INFP
I think the Inventor, Architect, healer stereotypes were meant to be taken as symbolic. For example INTPs do no always design skyscrapers.

Yes, and this should be a big DUH for the brighter folk out there.

Being the "inventor" merely means we're a bit eccentric, and clever.

That's pretty much it.

My "inventiveness" is about how I view the world, and merge seemingly opposed blocks to build out an ever expanding view-set.

This leaves me with two labels quite often: idiot, & brilliant.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Inventions?

- Two different sets of alternate physics laws (which aren't equal to the "magical law of attraction" or the like - I wanted "our" physics to be included); both to include (a sort of) magic.
- I guess three or four worlds/universes (depends on how "big" the story's premises are) One of them I've abandoned once I realised a "classic flat Earth with Sun turning around it" needs very wacky seasons (yes, I've made calculations).
- Quite some board games, of which three are playable and one is not too bad.
- A method to let the wash dry in our garage, consisting of two trestles, a broomstick to hold them apart and ten meters of plastic cord. It has been used once, together with a line from one window to the other with a ladder in the middle for support. We've done a lot of washing that day and suddenly it began to rain... so our usual "inside hanging methods" weren't enough. This one was co-invented with an ESTJ.
- More than a few recipes.

Enough? Did I earn my title of inventor? :-D

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
Nothing. Ha ha fucking ha

I probably won't invent anything ever