• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP's, what have you invented?

TSDesigner

MBTI Type
INTJ
ENTP's are supposed to be inventors, so what have you invented?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
a way to avoid answering boring threads by not participating

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hard to think of anything specific off the cuff, just everyday life for me really, usually entails improvizing some sort of solution to an unexpected problem, limitation or set-back.

It's not necessarily inventing new things all the time, it's quite often just unorthodox uses for things that are already invented. Take the gutter on my roof - it came off in a storm recently and I guess most people's approach would be to go to the hardware store and get some new clips and install them properly. I did think of that, but since I automatically figure there has to be a way to do things without spending money, I just looked around my back yard for anything that said to me "I'd do the job", found some bits of rubbish I should've swept up a week ago, and turned it into the perfect solution using screws and nails I already had.

Nothing earth shattering or innovative, I guess, but occasionally people do comment to me about how I use things for purposes other than those for which they were intended, and get away with it.

I guess most people look at, say, a cassette tape and think it's just a cassette tape, for music that you can play on a stereo and listen to it. But I look at it and see a dozen other things you could use it for. That's why I've got bits of old cassettes being used all over the house for things like rodent medicine application :)laugh:), tying tomato plants to garden canes, the funny little wheel mechanisms used to make a door-keepy-openy thing in my kitchen...

It's not The Internet or anything, but just a steady stream of minor inventions are generally left in my wake...

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, time to back up the title ENTPs.

I personally think ISTPs are better inventors. The practical aspect to inventing is crucial.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've invented a number of Internet personas.

And now I've invented a new word, because apparently, "personas" is not a word, according to the Firefox spell checker.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Like Sub, I just make/build things to suit my own personal life. I did some work with electrical harnessing, I designed a new mic pre-amp, a bunch of other little things to make my life easier.

INTJs are supposed to be the Masterminds, what complex operations have you planned?

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, time to back up the title ENTPs.

I personally think ISTPs are better inventors. The practical aspect to inventing is crucial.

Are you an architect?

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Or what military campaign have you led.

It's more like, patern creation. Filling holes.
Wether its to make life easier or to understand things.

Example: for me it's always been natural to guess most of what's inside an article just by reading the title and maybe scanning for 3/4 keywords.
Takes me about 2 seconds to gather almost as much information as by actually reading the article (which I never do).

I 'invented' most of my understanding of the world and (hard) sciences because they just seemed to naturally fit the general patern of things and found out later that those are indeed existing theories.

'We' just, connect stuff we gather from our environnement together into working paterns. That's why we're known to be 'quick minded'/witty, because what we do best is connecting stuff together via a metalinguistic/spatial-kinetic conceptualization from extrapolated environnemental data.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
jealousy isn't cute.

Btw

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
what we do best is connecting stuff together via a metalinguistic/spatial-kinetic conceptualization from extrapolated environnemental data.

That's exactly what I was going to say :doh:

:D

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
do all entps read make magazine? bc if they don't, they should.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I invented wireless electricity... then googled it and realized that I didn't (although I kind of knew already). Most of my ideas are way to unrealistic. Take my signature as an example. Some 'inventions' come from discovering an inconvenience and entertaining a good way to rid yourself of it in your mind.
eg.1 - taking bags into the supermarket annoys the shit out of me, so I discussed a couple ideas that I had to solve the problem with the checkout operator... ways involving transformer style bags, something that goes from a pebble, to a bag when exposed to air or something. There were no practical ideas. :nono:
eg.2 - sharks. they kill you, regardless of your fitness levels, you can't really do anything about it, you're fucked. So I spent a while trying to work through highly unlikely solutions... then concluded that you can't even attempt any of them, because you'd be scared shitless and probably try to make a 'swim' for it, and get bitten anyway.

You can only invent something if the option for the invention is available, in the case of new inventions, there's a fair chance that someone else has beaten you to it already.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I invented wireless electricity... then googled it and realized that I didn't (although I kind of knew already).

:rofl1: that happens to me ALL the time!!! I spend a whole afternoon improvizing something out of spare bits and pieces that works awesomely, and start thinking I could market it, then someone tells me "you could've just bought one of those from the store, my dad's got one in his shed" :steam:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:rofl1: that happens to me ALL the time!!! I spend a whole afternoon improvizing something out of spare bits and pieces that works awesomely, and start thinking I could market it, then someone tells me "you could've just bought one of those from the store, my dad's got one in his shed" :steam:

hahaha, damned inventors! always one step ahead. You could probably make a point system based on when what you just invented was first invented. Sadly, I think wireless electricity was invented (well, thought up) by michael faraday, 200 years ago. But it's only just become a practical thing, last I saw, they can power a light bulb from a meter away. They are actually planning to make some kind of wifi like laptop charging system eventually, but the range is rather short unfortunately...

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

you speak the truth. :ninja:

But my favorite all time thing to do is make something differently. Why buy a zeppelin for microphones when I can make one out of gutterwire and plastic ties, furry fabric and rubber bands? I love to veganize recipes and now I can make all kinds of shit like Twinkies and Quiche (and always give the food away because I'm such a fussy eater...) Soap, shampoo, hair gel - everything. My whole apartment is just filled with vials of chemicals and potions. I hate buying something only to find out how simple it is to make. I'm in the big city but live completely off the grid. I don't like being screwed over by the man. :)huh:)