• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Was Carl Jung an NT?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Didn't Yung type himself as an INTJ? Or INTP? I can't remember which.

EDIT: I'm leaning toward INTJ though, but don't take my word for it.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Jung was an INFP space cadet.

Read about his theories on "collective unconscious".

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Jung was an INFP space cadet.

Read about his theories on "collective unconscious".

I am quite familiar with them.

Neon_Genesis_Evangelion.png

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Didn't Yung type himself as an INTJ? Or INTP? I can't remember which.

EDIT: I'm leaning toward INTJ though, but don't take my word for it.

I think I found my answer, and I think he's an INTJ (most of the time, as he mentions type is not static, it's dynamic)

However he does state 4 things that he says is sufficient to type him.

1. Hardcore thinker
2. Very intuitive
3. Trouble with feelings
4. Trouble with reality

The first 3 tell me he was an NT, the 4th however is what really convinces me he's an intj.

YouTube - Face to face with Carl Jung - Part 3 of 4

It's all at the end of this clip.

Jeximo

MBTI Type
INTP
I wonder what he meant by, the psyche not adhering to the laws of time and space.

Space and Time are concepts that our bodies are bound by. Our minds have no such barrier. Whatever we can imagine is possible.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Space and Time are concepts that our bodies are bound by. Our minds have no such barrier. Whatever we can imagine is possible.

Sorry but I was going to reply before the radical implications of such a claim started to really sink in. I mean basically, he is saying our consciousness is not something physical? and if it's not physical, then we don't know if we really stop existing if our physical body decays or dies.

Snow Turtle

Sounds like something he'd believe in if he believed in collective consciousness.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Sounds like something he'd believe in if he believed in collective consciousness.

I think you mean the collective UNconscious. But that still doesn't explain WHERE the psyche resides, in fact it just made it more confusing. Oh well, these mysteries are what make life worth living.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm gonna agree with Keirsey on this one and say INFJ.

Snow Turtle

I think you mean the collective UNconscious. But that still doesn't explain WHERE the psyche resides, in fact it just made it more confusing. Oh well, these mysteries are what make life worth living.

Whoops! My bad.
I've been digging around but haven't had much luck finding his exact position on the mind body problem. However according to this source material and interpretation of his words, Carl Jung did not neccessary believe that the psyche is connected to the brain. A friend commented on the fact that Jung was at a point where occultism had a huge influence. It'd make sense that he would believe this to be partially true if he believed in God, as pure reductionists believe that the consciousness and unconsciousness is only a product of chemicals moving in random orders to put it bluntly.

Hm. It appears that I misunderstood collective unconsciousness, it's basically evolutionary psychology buried deep within individuals, and the whole ideas of archetypes come from there. But still Jung himself was a believer in the paranormal.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Please Understand Me (I and II) both say Jung was an INTP. It makes sense too, the man was a genius.

And the books don't lie, my friends. They are the Holy Bible of MBTI.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
jung1_0001.jpg

You can practically see INTP written across his Frontalis Muscles.