User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Sure, for instance, ENTJs often come across as ESTPs because they use Te+Ni to intentionally simulate Se+Ti in situations where they feel that the effects of appearing to use these functions would be strategically valuable.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by poppy View Post
    I like the collective unconscious theories
    Me too. I have a soft spot for those theories, as well as INFP "space cadets"

IMO he was certainly a INxx though.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    bleh
    Socionics
    bleh

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Sure, for instance, ENTJs often come across as ESTPs because they use Te+Ni to intentionally simulate Se+Ti in situations where they feel that the effects of appearing to use these functions would be strategically valuable.
    so how can you be sure INTJs are just not using Se in these situations?

Quote Originally Posted by mhina View Post
    Really the collective unconscious theory was not that radical or trippy. People seem to be under the impression that he was describing a giant pool of ancestral memories floating in the sky but in fact he just proposed that the fact that humans exhibit similar base myths/symbols across all geographies, ethnicities, and cultures suggest that there may be a universal compenent to them. It is a modest theory when you look at it that way.
    Yep but his other theory is certainly trippy.

Onto whether Carl Jung was an INFJ or INTX. His profession and his spiritual background certainly makes it hard but... wikipedia quotes and such.

Jung emphasized the importance of balance and harmony. He cautioned that modern people rely too heavily on science and logic and would benefit from integrating spirituality and appreciation of unconscious realms.
    An eccentric and depressed woman, Emilie Jung spent much of the time in her own separate bedroom, enthralled by the spirits that she said visited her at night. Jung had a better relationship with his father because he thought him to be predictable and thought his mother to be very problematic. Although during the day he also saw her as predictable, at night he felt some frightening influences from her room.
    One night he saw a faintly luminous, indefinite figure, coming from her room. The head was detached from the neck and floated in the air, in front of the body.
    Just had to comment on this but: What the heck xD
    A solitary and introverted child, Jung was convinced from childhood that he had two personalities a modern Swiss citizen and a personality more at home in the eighteenth century.[7] "Personality Number 1", as he termed it, was a typical schoolboy living in the era of the time, while "Personality Number 2" was a dignified, authoritative and influential man from the past.
    So did Jung have multiple personality disorder, or was these personas that he liked to adopt for himself?
    Jung had no plans to study psychiatry, because it was held in contempt those days. But as he started studying his psychiatric textbook, he became very excited when he read that psychoses are personality diseases. Immediately he understood this was the field that interested him the most. It combined both biological and spiritual facts and this was what he was searching for.
    Well that answers the question regarding as to why he was interested in the field. Considering that he learnt about neurosis earlier on, along with his understanding of collective unconsciousness it'd motivate him towards that particular field.

Jung's work on himself and his patients convinced him that life has a spiritual purpose beyond material goals. Our main task, he believed, is to discover and fulfill our deep innate potential, much as the acorn contains the potential to become the oak, or the caterpillar to become the butterfly. Based on his study of Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Gnosticism, Taoism, and other traditions, Jung perceived that this journey of transformation, which he called individuation, is at the mystical heart of all religions. It is a journey to meet the self and at the same time to meet the Divine. Unlike Sigmund Freud, Jung thought spiritual experience was essential to our well-being.
    That's his later life after he visited India and became interested in Hindu philosophy.

Speaking of which does anyone know what type Frued might have been?

Although his first career choice was archeology
    There we go. Truth revealed but why did he switch? It doesn't mention his motivations for doing so, nor does it say when he wanted to go into archeology.

*shrugs* That's all for now. Perhaps if I ever get around to reading a proper biography.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by mhina View Post
    so how can you be sure INTJs are just not using Se in these situations?
    I can't. Who cares?
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INtj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Ok, Freud is supposed to have been INFJ (not my source).

As to Jung, in this movie (great by the way, to have learned in this thread there are interviews with him on YouTube) he says he does not (can not) believe something for the sake of believing, but must have an hypothesis (a number of clues) to consider the possibility that something is true. This seems to me INTX. It's also the way I think, but I 'believe' I'm often a little more imaginative in my thinking than a lot of 'proud' NTs.
    Or maybe he is INFP even. But not INFJ, he is too thoughtful for that.
    INtj | 9w1

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
    As to Jung, in this movie (great by the way, to have learned in this thread there are interviews with him on YouTube) he says he does not (can not) believe something for the sake of believing, but must have an hypothesis (a number of clues) to consider the possibility that something is true. This seems to me INTX. It's also the way I think, but I 'believe' I'm often a little more imaginative in my thinking than a lot of 'proud' NTs.
    Or maybe he is INFP even. But not INFJ, he is too thoughtful for that.
    Does this mean I can't be INFJ anymore?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyn View Post
    Ok, Freud is supposed to have been INFJ (not my source).

Or [I]maybe[/I] he is INFP even. But not INFJ, he is too thoughtful for that.

You're actually implying that an INFP is more thoughtful than an INFJ?

And requiring clues supporting a hypothesis to believe in something, rather than just believing in it, is INTx now... huh.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Does this mean I can't be INFJ anymore?

You can be an INFJ with a decent tertiary Ti. For now.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    You can be an INFJ with a decent tertiary Ti. For now.
    How absolutely silly of you to say. Such a creature does not exist.