• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] What makes INTJ's feel loved/appreciated?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:devil:

Ahh don't worry, NFPs are usually as entranced by you ppl as you are by us :doh:

Well its gratifying to know that theres some kind of steamy crescendo at the end of our cat and mouse game, darlin. :smooch:

/end additional flirtatious mod antagonizing

More to the point, I think that INTjs feel most appreciated when you ask for their advice and show that youve taken it to heart, especially if theyve been particularly honest. I think that INTs in general know they have that "nuclear option" honesty, where they can tell another person a truth about them that is beyond devestating. A person with the strength of character to not only not crumble, but actually evaluate whats been said is both impressive and kind of a relief to them, I think.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agreed, asking for their advice and appreciating their intelligence is very much something they love :)

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
A person with the strength of character to not only not crumble, but actually evaluate whats been said is both impressive and kind of a relief to them, I think.

That is exactly it...it's a great relief to be able to be frank with someone and not feel like we're going to have to deal with some serious fall out if we're honest.

I used to know a guy who would really stress out about mistakes he made, and after one particular blunder I said to him something terrible like "You've done worse". And instead of being offended, he basically responded "You're right. What am I even worrying about?" Sheer awesomeness, he totally understood what I meant, wasn't crushed, and allowed me to feel helpful.

Also we appreciate a little leniency in areas we aren't proficient in, like being nice when we're in a bad mood.

Rex and Amargith, I think you know us too well...

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Emotions run deeply in our race. In many ways, more deeply than in humans. Logic offers us serenity humans seldom experience. Control your feelings - so that they do not control you!"

<- that was my first thought after reading the last few posts... :biggrin:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Somehow the Squall Leonhart avatar adds a whole 'nother level to Litvyaks post...

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Like, :nerd:<---this kind of a level?
:tongue:
That being said with all of my nerd-love.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Anime avatar + trekkie quote => AWESOMENESS (and way too much free time)

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
^That's the truth.

So to make this post somewhat on topic, that's another thing you can do to make INTJs (or at least NTJs) feel appreciated. Don't hate on our quirks (but that's pretty obvious).

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
:yes: NTJs have this lovely gooey center inside. It's awesome when they can't keep from going gooey on ya :D

Outside
41dVve5a-uL.jpg

Inside
melt.jpeg

My husband describes it like that. Sometimes it takes one whack with a spoon, other times it takes a sledgehammer.