• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Other ENTJ

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
no...i give them a big huge smile that starts at the roots of my hair and goes all the way till two inch above my navel

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
No, I don't, but that's generally because I hang around with people who are awkwardly silent or talk more than me :D

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
No, I don't, but that's generally because I hang around with people who are awkwardly silent or talk more than me :D

Awkward silence... Amusingly, the only time I feel my silence is awkward is when I'm around the ENTJ I know. I feel like I'm expected to amuse him, and as I seldom do anything because it's expected of me, I tend to clam up. Other times I toss him a topic on which he can expound nonstop for 10 or 15 minutes (although 5 minutes in I generally start sending telepathic STFU messages).

Silence - noun
1. The condition or quality of being or keeping still and silent.
2. The absence of sound; stillness.
3. A period of time without speech or noise.

It's a good thing.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
My late ENTJ would talk to a wooden Indian if he thought he'd get a conversation out of it...

Grocery shopping always took 5 times longer when he was with me - he ALWAYS found someone to talk to.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
my little sister can talk an ear of corn out of its husk. she was always getting reprimanded, poor little thing.

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
Awkward silence... Amusingly, the only time I feel my silence is awkward is when I'm around the ENTJ I know. I feel like I'm expected to amuse him, and as I seldom do anything because it's expected of me, I tend to clam up. Other times I toss him a topic on which he can expound nonstop for 10 or 15 minutes (although 5 minutes in I generally start sending telepathic STFU messages).

Silence - noun
1. The condition or quality of being or keeping still and silent.
2. The absence of sound; stillness.
3. A period of time without speech or noise.

It's a good thing.
I can't speak for your friend, but if INTPs were only around to amuse ENTJs, many of us would hire someone else. Not to say that you don't have your moments, of course.

The only time I go on a rant is if the topic of conversation depends on a concept that is consistently defined vaguely or incorrectly. Otherwise, I realize that it's far more prudent to let the other participants wear themselves out, meanwhile possibly acting as moderator if anyone rudely dominates, and then offer my two cents.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The only time I go on a rant is if the topic of conversation depends on a concept that is consistently defined vaguely or incorrectly. Otherwise, I realize that it's far more prudent to let the other participants wear themselves out, meanwhile possibly acting as moderator if anyone rudely dominates, and then offer my two cents.

Thats not true. You go on rant about totally logical concepts too, just because they hit you. You are ENT after all

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
Thats not true. You go on rant about totally logical concepts too, just because they hit you. You are ENT after all
Not in person, no. Ranting is reserved for clarification. Or emotional outbursts. But the latter doesn't happen in conversation, it just occasionally appears out of thin air, usually to my roommate.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Not in person, no. Ranting is reserved for clarification. Or emotional outbursts. But the latter doesn't happen in conversation, it just occasionally appears out of thin air, usually to my roommate.

Fair enough, just bear in mind; at least with NTs, sometimes clarification isnt necessary, cause the thing to clarify is obvious. Therefore a funny remark would be much more cooler. :)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Do you get into trouble because you talk too much?

For whom? I'm pretty comfortable with my talkativeness.

God I enjoy a good rant. Its so cleansing.

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
Fair enough, just bear in mind; at least with NTs, sometimes clarification isnt necessary, cause the thing to clarify is obvious. Therefore a funny remark would be much more cooler. :)

Mind clarifying that statement? :D

Rex: the cleansing power of ranting is agreed, but if I do it in public, it feels conspicuously like clipping your toenails at the dinner table.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mind clarifying that statement? :D

Rex: the cleansing power of ranting is agreed, but if I do it in public, it feels conspicuously like clipping your toenails at the dinner table.

Well naturally it wouldnt be so gratifying if it was something I indulged in frequently.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, kind of. Either too little, or too much.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
wait, I thought talking too much was pretty much nailed by the ENxP's??

there's someone that's worse????

If so, I would never have expected it to be ENTJ - my ones never had that problem, as far as I know. Often the reverse, almost taciturn enough to be mistaken for introverts :mellow:

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My ENTJ best friend is constantly in trouble for shooting her mouth off, and that's after almost giving herself a hernia from refraining from commentary. She's very social, but at the same time, a bit misanthropic. That's probably what gets her in trouble the most - the jarring honesty. Most people would prefer you lied to them nicely.