• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ + INTJ relationships.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
I agree with the robots clanking, but disagree about the flirtation. INTJ flirting can put an ExxP to shame, when they are motivated to do so. Hot damn.

This is true. However, it may be a hinderance in being too aggressive.

However ENxP's seem to respond somewhat well at times, at least so far with one I'm working on getting to know.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
:ohmy: Nooo, you ruined my next line by taking just as long to reply as I did before! You gotta give me a fighting chance here! :dry: :puppy_dog_eyes:

:)D BBL.)

hahaha... :rofl1:

This is true. However, it may be a hinderance in being too aggressive.

However ENxP's seem to respond somewhat well at times, at least so far with one I'm working on getting to know.

No such thing as too aggressive in my book.
Wait, no - scratch that. Yes there is. Tread carefully, actually. :D

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
hahaha... :rofl1:

No such thing as too aggressive in my book.
Wait, no - scratch that. Yes there is. Tread carefully, actually. :D

So what, are you asking me to wear slippers instead of boots when I walk all over you? I'll make sure they are fluffy, just for you:D

Truthfully, relationships really come from practice for all types, even INTJ's. However, I would hate to date "myself". I mean, it takes huge restraint not to punch the mirror when I see myself. That dang look...

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
So what, are you asking me to wear slippers instead of boots when I walk all over you? I'll make sure they are fluffy, just for you:D

Actually, yes, for a start. ENTPs are notorious for going cuckoo for cocoa puffs when we are head over heels, and we will take a surprising amount of abuse if you are kind about it. Trust me, it makes sense in my head.

Truthfully, relationships really come from practice for all types, even INTJ's. However, I would hate to date "myself". I mean, it takes huge restraint not to punch the mirror when I see myself. That dang look...

Well, I don't blame you for wanting to wipe that smug grin off your own face, but please wear some sort of protective gear. I hear you types are quite delicate with atrophy. :whistling:

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Actually, yes, for a start. ENTPs are notorious for going cuckoo for cocoa puffs when we are head over heels, and we will take a surprising amount of abuse if you are kind about it. Trust me, it makes sense in my head.

mine too. *changes user name*

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ

mine too. *changes user name*

Mine three. :whistling:

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
*In best Freud Impression* Very, very interesting. Now tell me about your mother...

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
INTJ+INTJ is indeed a very good match, but people always seem to forget the final, hidden, transcendant step:

matches.JPG

Josie

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1&5
I'm bumping this old thread because it's what brought me here and fascinated me thoroughly enough to prompt the registration process and a desire to stick around and get to know the personalities running around here.

I'm currently pseudo-dating an INTJ. It's been years of talking , wonderful friendship , and great attraction .. however! Our geographical situations never match up quite right. Boo. Hiss.

I find it refreshing that at least some of you believe an INTJ-laden relationship could be feasible. For those of you who think it'd be boring.. perhaps that's because you do not live largely in your own mind but in your environment? Because, for me, it is so massively sexy to have an intellectual exchange that pretty much no one else would comprehend. Ripping clothes off, breaking things kind of sexy (this happened. oh yes. it did. A tv stand was smashed and the tv was falling to its doom when he contorted, caught it, and placed in a safe location in one fell swoop. hee hee. sex? sex.)

It's also amusing and gratifying that only friends very close to both INTJs can tell when they're having a super flirty moment. To everyone else, we're having a boring debate about some mundane idea.. but to our close friend (We'll call her) "C" : Will you two get a room already !! :wubbie:

I find I get annoyed with extraverts because they're always wanting to drag me around with them to whatever event suddenly sprung up like an ingrown hair in the groin area. No matter how much I try to explain that it has nothing to do with my not wanting to be around them, only that I just. do. not. want. to. go. They still take it personally and feel I'm trying to force them to stay in (??)

Sense, people. Make sense. How would it make SENSE that I want you to stay IN, be unhappy, and thus make me miserable? You have lust for event? Good. Leave.

Extraverts confuse me.

Zyelhsak

MBTI Type
Intj
I'm in most fantastic relationship ever. We are both intj. My first rule in relationships though, is complete honesty and openess. It's that way because intj can close themselves off too easily, and in a relationship it's the worst thing to do. I'm surprised though with how well this works, I find it works because we expect the same things and function for the the most part the same way, also our goals in life match. Our goals are actually very different from most intj's though, it is to have a family life, and that is most important to us. I honestly don't think it matters what type you're with, but comes down to the goals and expectancy you have for a relationship. If those to match up, the. There should be little issue overall in maintaining a functioning relationship.

allthescientific

MBTI Type
INTJ
I am an INTJ and my boyfriend is also an INTJ. For us, the relationship seems very natural. We both get along quite well and have a lot of unspoken agreements about each others nature. Of course there are ups and downs as in any relationship, but perhaps the only reason we quarrel from time to time is because we are so similar and believe we are both right.

Interestingly, we are drawn toward and away from the same types of people. We are like twin souls, always finishing each others sentences and love to do the same things. Its easier to thrive in an INTJ + INTJ relationship sexually and even romantically. My boyfriend never knew he was a romantic until he met his fellow INTJ :hug:

Sure, opposites attract, but like also attracts like. If you're an INTJ feeling misunderstood, try dating another INTJ! :duel:

Polhas

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
A Perfect Relationship

I have been in relationship with one of the rare female INTJs for the last 3 and a half years, and it is absolute perfection. We are even more in love now than when we got together, if that's possible. Our friends can't believe that we never argue, but it's true. I should explain that we are both in our sixties and were both widowed in 2009. Although we are both English by birth we both live in a small French village with a population of less than 500. We and our late spouses were all good friends, but it was only when my wife died and Suzy helped me through all the bureaucracy involved that love blossomed. Both of us thought our love lives were over when my wife of thirty years and Suzy's husband of 35 years died. But we know that our relationship will last forever. Why - because we have everything in common. Our love of Classical Music and Opera, our interest in the latest developments in science, a love of knowledge and an identical philosophy to life. Ever day we tell ourselves how unbelievably lucky we've been to find each other in such a small community. Take it from us, likes can definitely attract.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I have been in relationship with one of the rare female INTJs for the last 3 and a half years, and it is absolute perfection. We are even more in love now than when we got together, if that's possible. Our friends can't believe that we never argue, but it's true. I should explain that we are both in our sixties and were both widowed in 2009. Although we are both English by birth we both live in a small French village with a population of less than 500. We and our late spouses were all good friends, but it was only when my wife died and Suzy helped me through all the bureaucracy involved that love blossomed. Both of us thought our love lives were over when my wife of thirty years and Suzy's husband of 35 years died. But we know that our relationship will last forever. Why - because we have everything in common. Our love of Classical Music and Opera, our interest in the latest developments in science, a love of knowledge and an identical philosophy to life. Ever day we tell ourselves how unbelievably lucky we've been to find each other in such a small community. Take it from us, likes can definitely attract.

I think this is terrific. I have always believed that two people who are very alike could build a beautiful relationship, depending on the personality type, of course, but it does make a lot of sense that two INTJs would do well together. Also, I wanted to say to Polhas, thank you for sharing your story. It sounds like real love, the kind that involves a lifetime of being together by choice. I think the best love is love that is by choice.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This thread keeps getting cuter and cuter.

Hetha

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've been married to my INTJ husband for 16 years now. We are still head-over-heels, crazily in-love and in-lust for one another. The relationship merely deepened over the years, and the bond between us, strong as ever. He is my best friend, my co-strategist, my life partner, and so many things I can't place them all in one post and do them justice. While we found out only 8 months ago that we are both INTJ, and that may explain some things, all we know truly, is that we both are lucky just to have met one another back then, and still wonder between ourselves today, just how we ended up being so lucky as to have met. We honestly want that for everyone, to have that someone special.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I've been married to my INTJ husband for 16 years now. We are still head-over-heels, crazily in-love and in-lust for one another. The relationship merely deepened over the years, and the bond between us, strong as ever. He is my best friend, my co-strategist, my life partner, and so many things I can't place them all in one post and do them justice. While we found out only 8 months ago that we are both INTJ, and that may explain some things, all we know truly, is that we both are lucky just to have met one another back then, and still wonder between ourselves today, just how we ended up being so lucky as to have met. We honestly want that for everyone, to have that someone special.

Awww :wubbie:

Is your husband the same enneatype as you, out of curiosity?

Hetha

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
No. I can't remember what his Enneagram was, but it explained his natural scientific curiosity and inquisitiveness for certain. Mine was 8w9, which explains my nature. I am a protective "momma bear" esp. towards the people I hold close to my heart, or when I see an injustice/imbalance taking place. An emergent leader. My grown kids know it too. :) Daughter: ISTJ Son: ISFP Believe it or not, we are actually all very close to one another, and I look forward to becoming a grandmother to any children they might bring me. I work diligently and strategically at work, so that I might land the type of job in my field where I can take off, spend quality time with them, and spoil them silly. :wink:

While we are both pursuing scientific fields, and we share a vast majority of the same interests, they are only slight differences that keep things interesting between us. We share back and forth our "discoveries" but he's more into the CIS(Computer Information Systems), Programming, Physical Science, Physics, Calculus, and Engineering; where as I'm into Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, Nutrition, Dietetics, Health and Medical Biotechnology. We do share innovative, future, and emerging technologies with one another. I met him while I was working as an auto technician/assistant mgr. and he worked at a photolab, as their on-site programmer, and lab equipment technician. Together, we are music, and we harmonize. He covers my weaknesses, and likewise I cover his. We've learned so much from each other, it's not even funny, but wonderful! :) We sharpen each other's skills, and give each other proper boot-to-rear when the other needs it. ;)

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No. I can't remember what his Enneagram was, but it explained his natural scientific curiosity and inquisitiveness for certain. Mine was 8w9, which explains my nature. I am a protective "momma bear" esp. towards the people I hold close to my heart, or when I see an injustice/imbalance taking place. An emergent leader. My grown kids know it too. :) Daughter: ISTJ Son: ISFP Believe it or not, we are actually all very close to one another, and I look forward to becoming a grandmother to any children they might bring me. I work diligently and strategically at work, so that I might land the type of job in my field where I can take off, spend quality time with them, and spoil them silly. :wink:

That's really sweet :) Sounds like he's a 5. Neat. My mom is a matriarch-type too and I love having someone with such protective leadership over the family.