User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: INTJ + INTJ relationships.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    Intj

I'm in most fantastic relationship ever. We are both intj. My first rule in relationships though, is complete honesty and openess. It's that way because intj can close themselves off too easily, and in a relationship it's the worst thing to do. I'm surprised though with how well this works, I find it works because we expect the same things and function for the the most part the same way, also our goals in life match. Our goals are actually very different from most intj's though, it is to have a family life, and that is most important to us. I honestly don't think it matters what type you're with, but comes down to the goals and expectancy you have for a relationship. If those to match up, the. There should be little issue overall in maintaining a functioning relationship.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ

I am an INTJ and my boyfriend is also an INTJ. For us, the relationship seems very natural. We both get along quite well and have a lot of unspoken agreements about each others nature. Of course there are ups and downs as in any relationship, but perhaps the only reason we quarrel from time to time is because we are so similar and believe we are both right.

Interestingly, we are drawn toward and away from the same types of people. We are like twin souls, always finishing each others sentences and love to do the same things. Its easier to thrive in an INTJ + INTJ relationship sexually and even romantically. My boyfriend never knew he was a romantic until he met his fellow INTJ

Sure, opposites attract, but like also attracts like. If you're an INTJ feeling misunderstood, try dating another INTJ!

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTJ

Default A Perfect Relationship

I have been in relationship with one of the rare female INTJs for the last 3 and a half years, and it is absolute perfection. We are even more in love now than when we got together, if that's possible. Our friends can't believe that we never argue, but it's true. I should explain that we are both in our sixties and were both widowed in 2009. Although we are both English by birth we both live in a small French village with a population of less than 500. We and our late spouses were all good friends, but it was only when my wife died and Suzy helped me through all the bureaucracy involved that love blossomed. Both of us thought our love lives were over when my wife of thirty years and Suzy's husband of 35 years died. But we know that our relationship will last forever. Why - because we have everything in common. Our love of Classical Music and Opera, our interest in the latest developments in science, a love of knowledge and an identical philosophy to life. Ever day we tell ourselves how unbelievably lucky we've been to find each other in such a small community. Take it from us, likes can definitely attract.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Polhas View Post
    I have been in relationship with one of the rare female INTJs for the last 3 and a half years, and it is absolute perfection. We are even more in love now than when we got together, if that's possible. Our friends can't believe that we never argue, but it's true. I should explain that we are both in our sixties and were both widowed in 2009. Although we are both English by birth we both live in a small French village with a population of less than 500. We and our late spouses were all good friends, but it was only when my wife died and Suzy helped me through all the bureaucracy involved that love blossomed. Both of us thought our love lives were over when my wife of thirty years and Suzy's husband of 35 years died. But we know that our relationship will last forever. Why - because we have everything in common. Our love of Classical Music and Opera, our interest in the latest developments in science, a love of knowledge and an identical philosophy to life. Ever day we tell ourselves how unbelievably lucky we've been to find each other in such a small community. Take it from us, likes can definitely attract.
    I think this is terrific. I have always believed that two people who are very alike could build a beautiful relationship, depending on the personality type, of course, but it does make a lot of sense that two INTJs would do well together. Also, I wanted to say to Polhas, thank you for sharing your story. It sounds like real love, the kind that involves a lifetime of being together by choice. I think the best love is love that is by choice.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

This thread keeps getting cuter and cuter.

WhoCares

Quote Originally Posted by nothingunusual View Post
    Does anyone have any stories about INTJ/INTJ relationships?
    If my relationship with myself is anything to go by it would be a complete cluster-fuck. But hey, if that turns you on.....

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I've been married to my INTJ husband for 16 years now. We are still head-over-heels, crazily in-love and in-lust for one another. The relationship merely deepened over the years, and the bond between us, strong as ever. He is my best friend, my co-strategist, my life partner, and so many things I can't place them all in one post and do them justice. While we found out only 8 months ago that we are both INTJ, and that may explain some things, all we know truly, is that we both are lucky just to have met one another back then, and still wonder between ourselves today, just how we ended up being so lucky as to have met. We honestly want that for everyone, to have that someone special.
    MBTi: INTJ

trifix: 8w9, 5w6, 3w2. Primary Type 8; "The Leader." 8w9;"The Bear."

Global 5: sloan RCOEI; sloan+ RcoE|I|; primary Inquisitive; R(80%)C(60%)O(64%)E(70%)I(86%)
    Extroversion |||| 20%
    Orderliness |||||||||||||||| 64%
    Emotional Stability |||||||||||||| 60%
    Accommodation |||||| 30%
    Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||||| 86%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Hetha View Post
    I've been married to my INTJ husband for 16 years now. We are still head-over-heels, crazily in-love and in-lust for one another. The relationship merely deepened over the years, and the bond between us, strong as ever. He is my best friend, my co-strategist, my life partner, and so many things I can't place them all in one post and do them justice. While we found out only 8 months ago that we are both INTJ, and that may explain some things, all we know truly, is that we both are lucky just to have met one another back then, and still wonder between ourselves today, just how we ended up being so lucky as to have met. We honestly want that for everyone, to have that someone special.
    Awww

Is your husband the same enneatype as you, out of curiosity?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

No. I can't remember what his Enneagram was, but it explained his natural scientific curiosity and inquisitiveness for certain. Mine was 8w9, which explains my nature. I am a protective "momma bear" esp. towards the people I hold close to my heart, or when I see an injustice/imbalance taking place. An emergent leader. My grown kids know it too. Daughter: ISTJ Son: ISFP Believe it or not, we are actually all very close to one another, and I look forward to becoming a grandmother to any children they might bring me. I work diligently and strategically at work, so that I might land the type of job in my field where I can take off, spend quality time with them, and spoil them silly.

While we are both pursuing scientific fields, and we share a vast majority of the same interests, they are only slight differences that keep things interesting between us. We share back and forth our "discoveries" but he's more into the CIS(Computer Information Systems), Programming, Physical Science, Physics, Calculus, and Engineering; where as I'm into Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, Nutrition, Dietetics, Health and Medical Biotechnology. We do share innovative, future, and emerging technologies with one another. I met him while I was working as an auto technician/assistant mgr. and he worked at a photolab, as their on-site programmer, and lab equipment technician. Together, we are music, and we harmonize. He covers my weaknesses, and likewise I cover his. We've learned so much from each other, it's not even funny, but wonderful! We sharpen each other's skills, and give each other proper boot-to-rear when the other needs it.
    MBTi: INTJ

trifix: 8w9, 5w6, 3w2. Primary Type 8; "The Leader." 8w9;"The Bear."

Global 5: sloan RCOEI; sloan+ RcoE|I|; primary Inquisitive; R(80%)C(60%)O(64%)E(70%)I(86%)
    Extroversion |||| 20%
    Orderliness |||||||||||||||| 64%
    Emotional Stability |||||||||||||| 60%
    Accommodation |||||| 30%
    Inquisitiveness |||||||||||||||||||| 86%

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Hetha View Post
    No. I can't remember what his Enneagram was, but it explained his natural scientific curiosity and inquisitiveness for certain. Mine was 8w9, which explains my nature. I am a protective "momma bear" esp. towards the people I hold close to my heart, or when I see an injustice/imbalance taking place. An emergent leader. My grown kids know it too. Daughter: ISTJ Son: ISFP Believe it or not, we are actually all very close to one another, and I look forward to becoming a grandmother to any children they might bring me. I work diligently and strategically at work, so that I might land the type of job in my field where I can take off, spend quality time with them, and spoil them silly.
    That's really sweet Sounds like he's a 5. Neat. My mom is a matriarch-type too and I love having someone with such protective leadership over the family.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast