User Tag List

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 89

Thread: INTJ + INTJ relationships.

  1. #51
    Senior Member Array Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well, don't overlook the fact that you are talking about INTJs. Which means that you could in theory find two people that are not interested in the entire "soft" part of a relationship. Since they would concentrate more energy on high standards/efficiency. But they would be happy since the other side is not annoyed with the amount of calcultion.

    But if you want ruthless efficiency then ENTJ/INTJ is probably better combination.
    I am not arguing with you as i do see it from your point of view but softness aside concentrating on high standards and efficiency.
    Idea. Same type relationship, driving down that long road, hit an occasional bump, so you deal with it and carry on. If however you go with a IxFP, yeah there will be more bumps, but you may learn so much more, not only about yourself but the other person as well.

    Now bring in the Ni, Te, Fi stuff, how would your type bring out your weaknesses so able to work on them as you are going to have somewhat the same strengths and the same weaknesses. Yes, i know you can work on different bits.

    Isn't that what relationships are all about. Learning.
    Maybe i am not articulating myself very well.
    Do/can you understand what i mean?
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  2. #52
    Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I am not arguing with you as i do see it from your point of view but softness aside concentrating on high standards and efficiency.
    Idea. Same type relationship, driving down that long road, hit an occasional bump, so you deal with it and carry on. If however you go with a IxFP, yeah there will be more bumps, but you may learn so much more, not only about yourself but the other person as well.

    Now bring in the Ni, Te, Fi stuff, how would your type bring out your weaknesses so able to work on them as you are going to have somewhat the same strengths and the same weaknesses. Yes, i know you can work on different bits.

    Isn't that what relationships are all about. Learning.
    Maybe i am not articulating myself very well.
    Do/can you understand what i mean?
    Well, this could be the truth in some cases. But it can also happen that strenghts could multiply themselfs since they as people are not witholding parts of their personality. Call me arrogant but I think you need to be an NTJ to fully grasp the withholding argumant if we are talking about NTJs.
    Which means that if the strenghts could overpower the weaknesses by a large degree you will have stability/progress.

  3. #53
    WTF is this dude saying? Array A Schnitzel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Well, this could be the truth in some cases. But it can also happen that strenghts could multiply themselfs since they as people are not witholding parts of their personality. Call me arrogant but I think you need to be an NTJ to fully grasp the withholding argumant if we are talking about NTJs.
    Which means that if the strenghts could overpower the weaknesses by a large degree you will have stability/progress.
    While I agree with you that INTJs could work well together in a relationship your argument doesn't make any sense. Strengths don't overpower weaknesses. That's not how relationships work at all. They're not video games.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

  4. #54
    Senior Member Array RenaiReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    But if you want ruthless efficiency then ENTJ/INTJ is probably better combination.
    That's mine right there.

  5. #55
    Queen hunter Array Virtual ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    While I agree with you that INTJs could work well together in a relationship your argument doesn't make any sense. Strengths don't overpower weaknesses. That's not how relationships work at all. They're not video games.
    Well I never claimed that this would be easy. That is why I said at the beginning that the only realistic way I can see it work is by having expressed and balanced INTJ.
    Everything else that I have posted here is a speculation (at best).

  6. #56
    Dhampyr Array Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Alright, I can be more specific... what you just did, for instance. You indirectly challenged me in a direct way. You were dismissive while engaging me at the same time. You notice the details, or the lack thereof, and you present a situation that keeps the conversation going in a lighthearted manner. This is something that other types just don't get and it really makes me interested and screaming for more.

    Coupled with the fact that it was embedded in a completely sarcastic but yet truthful sentence. You just can't argue with the logic presented - I truly wasn't specific, so I can't be offended or even accuse you of fishing for compliments. It was the perfect trap.

    I'm not suggesting that you are flirting now, but if you chose to, you would be awesome at it. At least awesome according to my standards.
    All right, I concede that what I did there was competently flirtatious. But then I dropped the ball by logging off at precisely the wrong time, and now I'm making you groan by overanalyzing it!

    Okay, fine, so you didn't groan. But that's only because I spent like 20 minutes making this post come out just right.

    INTJs can keep up with EXXPs only in writing or in our heads (or in your head, apparently ).

  7. #57
    half mystic, half skeksis Array jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    All right, I concede that what I did there was competently flirtatious. But then I dropped the ball by logging off at precisely the wrong time, and now I'm making you groan by overanalyzing it!

    Okay, fine, so you didn't groan. But that's only because I spent like 20 minutes making this post come out just right.

    INTJs can keep up with EXXPs only in writing or in our heads (or in your head, apparently ).
    Hahaha, it took you that long, but it was totally worth the wait - in my head.

    (and yes, I groaned slightly. good call!! but I wonder what you were going to go with the first time around...did you save the rough draft? who am I kidding, we both know you did.)

    <------- imagine me giving that to you in a flying leap, ok?

  8. #58
    Dhampyr Array Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Hahaha, it took you that long, but it was totally worth the wait - in my head.

    (and yes, I groaned slightly. good call!! but I wonder what you were going to go with the first time around...did you save the rough draft? who am I kidding, we both know you did.)
    I'd totally banter back, but then I'd be disproving my point and hence WRONG...

    <------- imagine me giving that to you in a flying leap, ok?
    ... So you'll have to settle for a startled and sheepish but quite willing back.

  9. #59
    half mystic, half skeksis Array jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I'd totally banter back, but then I'd be disproving my point and hence WRONG...

    ... So you'll have to settle for a startled and sheepish but quite willing back.
    tsk tsk, may I remind you that you did not actually make a point worth arguing? So you are WRONG by default for disproving one. Which is why you guys totally need an ENTP to keep you looking alive!

    But I will settle for the startled sheepish hug... for now.

  10. #60
    Dhampyr Array Economica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    tsk tsk, may I remind you that you did not actually make a point worth arguing? So you are WRONG by default for disproving one. Which is why you guys totally need an ENTP to keep you looking alive!

    But I will settle for the startled sheepish hug... for now.
    Nooo, you ruined my next line by taking just as long to reply as I did before! You gotta give me a fighting chance here!

    ( BBL.)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] INTJs and relationship pace
    By autumnandtherain in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-10-2014, 10:33 PM
  2. [MBTItm] INTJ/ISTP relationship...
    By lauranna in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 04:52 AM
  3. [MBTItm] INTJ + INFJ relationships. Ladies, your opinions please?
    By Wyst in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 12:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •