User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 89

  1. #41
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KristenSnowdeal View Post
    However, I'd go so far as to say that if they cannot see the readily apparent fun in our style of flirting, that they don't know what they are missing out on, and that they should fix themselves first.
    Of course you would... typical. but adorable.

  2. #42
    Black Magic Buzzard Kra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Of course you would... typical. but adorable.
    I think that's probably the first time I've ever seen someone call us INTJs "adorable."
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

  3. #43
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quick question.

    Two of the same type pairing up, wouldn't that be too easy in a relationship.
    I know when you first meet someone you wouldn't be able to type them immediately so you may just have that 'click'.
    In this case though, i am going to dare to assume, you would know exactly what and how the other is thinking/feeling etc. Would that not take some of the fun, excitement, finding their quirks and flaws as you would kind of know who/where they are as you are so similar.
    Also how would you grow as an individual if you are with someone so similar, the boundaries are all in place, so how would you learn to think from another perspective, ie your partners, when that perspective technically thinks like you?

    Just an idea.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  4. #44
    Senior Member RenaiReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Of course you would... typical. but adorable.
    I think...I'm burning?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    I think that's probably the first time I've ever seen someone call us INTJs "adorable."
    Kra- there are many more who think so. I suggest carrying around a bottle of sarcasm, but they're rapidly becoming immune.

  5. #45

    Default

    I had a one-step-away-from-a-relationship with another INTJ, and it took me a while to realize it, but the only thing about him that attracted me was his mind. I loved how much smarter he was than me, and I loved being able to debate about anything with him without him thinking I was being rude or taking things personally.

    We were very similar, but in bad ways. We were both antisocial, rigid, awkward, and emotionally immature, but he was moreso than I was due to a rough childhood. So once I started to change, and he didn't, I felt stifled and like I was the one making all the effort to keep whatever we had between us healthy.

    When I brought up the whole "what are we" issue, he claimed that he "didn't know" how he felt about me (despite inviting me to spend the weekend with him twice and holding my hand).

    This was just my own experience, and I'm sure other INTJ+INTJ relationships can work, but I feel like the flaws an unhealthy INTJ has are particularly detrimental to relationships (as opposed to other types' flaws). I mean, if both people vehemently deny the existence of their emotions because it's the only way they can cope....well....it's doomed before it starts.

  6. #46
    Senior Member RenaiReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Quick question.

    Two of the same type pairing up, wouldn't that be too easy in a relationship.
    I know when you first meet someone you wouldn't be able to type them immediately so you may just have that 'click'.
    In this case though, i am going to dare to assume, you would know exactly what and how the other is thinking/feeling etc. Would that not take some of the fun, excitement, finding their quirks and flaws as you would kind of know who/where they are as you are so similar.
    Also how would you grow as an individual if you are with someone so similar, the boundaries are all in place, so how would you learn to think from another perspective, ie your partners, when that perspective technically thinks like you?

    Just an idea.
    Two of the same type pairing up isn't necessarily easy at all, in fact, I personally think that it would be one of the most difficult/challenging relationships. Assuming is a dangerous thing, lol.
    Let's take this for an example then: You find that 'click' as you say, with someone, but don't definitively know their type. Then let's say you find out that they are the same type as you? Just because two individuals have the same type does not then imply that they have the same thoughts or feelings. You may know more of where they are 'coming from', as some say, but learning their type does not take anything significant away from learning their respective 'quirks and flaws'.
    Yes, there is similarity, but it isn't exactly a perfect clone. You can learn something from anyone, and while their thought processes may be similar, and they make come to some of the same conclusions by the same methodology, that doesn't mean that you don't have a different perspective. Any healthy individual should be interested in growth and development anyway, or stagnation occurs. Therefore, while your idea is interesting, I do not share your view on said idea.

  7. #47
    Senior Member RenaiReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Posts
    496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squibbles View Post
    This was just my own experience, and I'm sure other INTJ+INTJ relationships can work, but I feel like the flaws an unhealthy INTJ has are particularly detrimental to relationships (as opposed to other types' flaws). I mean, if both people vehemently deny the existence of their emotions because it's the only way they can cope....well....it's doomed before it starts.
    Healthy INTJs shouldn't vehemently deny the existence of emotions. But then again, unhealthy people of any type are detrimental to relationships as a whole. INTJs are not the only ones who will emotionally shut down and claim pure logic, after all.

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Quick question.

    Two of the same type pairing up, wouldn't that be too easy in a relationship.
    I know when you first meet someone you wouldn't be able to type them immediately so you may just have that 'click'.
    In this case though, i am going to dare to assume, you would know exactly what and how the other is thinking/feeling etc. Would that not take some of the fun, excitement, finding their quirks and flaws as you would kind of know who/where they are as you are so similar.
    Also how would you grow as an individual if you are with someone so similar, the boundaries are all in place, so how would you learn to think from another perspective, ie your partners, when that perspective technically thinks like you?

    Just an idea.
    Well, don't overlook the fact that you are talking about INTJs. Which means that you could in theory find two people that are not interested in the entire "soft" part of a relationship. Since they would concentrate more energy on high standards/efficiency. But they would be happy since the other side is not annoyed with the amount of calcultion.

    But if you want ruthless efficiency then ENTJ/INTJ is probably better combination.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KristenSnowdeal View Post
    Two of the same type pairing up isn't necessarily easy at all, in fact, I personally think that it would be one of the most difficult/challenging relationships. Assuming is a dangerous thing, lol.
    Let's take this for an example then: You find that 'click' as you say, with someone, but don't definitively know their type. Then let's say you find out that they are the same type as you? Just because two individuals have the same type does not then imply that they have the same thoughts or feelings. You may know more of where they are 'coming from', as some say, but learning their type does not take anything significant away from learning their respective 'quirks and flaws'.
    Yes, there is similarity, but it isn't exactly a perfect clone. You can learn something from anyone, and while their thought processes may be similar, and they make come to some of the same conclusions by the same methodology, that doesn't mean that you don't have a different perspective. Any healthy individual should be interested in growth and development anyway, or stagnation occurs. Therefore, while your idea is interesting, I do not share your view on said idea.
    No, that is absolutely fine. Noted. I mentioned the assuming bit as i wanted people to be aware that was exactly what i was doing. As i don't actually know so i just thought i would put the idea across.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  10. #50
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    I think that's probably the first time I've ever seen someone call us INTJs "adorable."
    We've said it but you've pretended not to hear it. Don't you remember that one time when you were 5... when you were sleeping?

    Quote Originally Posted by KristenSnowdeal View Post
    I think...I'm burning?
    I can get you some cream for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by KristenSnowdeal View Post
    Kra- there are many more who think so. I suggest carrying around a bottle of sarcasm, but they're rapidly becoming immune.
    The <dry> sarcasm will only get you a rolled up newspaper to the nose. Cut it out. A bit. If you guys ever want to get laid again, that is. Everything in moderation, you adorable puppies, you.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] INTJs and relationship pace
    By autumnandtherain in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-10-2014, 10:33 PM
  2. [MBTItm] INTJ/ISTP relationship...
    By lauranna in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2008, 04:52 AM
  3. [MBTItm] INTJ + INFJ relationships. Ladies, your opinions please?
    By Wyst in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2008, 12:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts