User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

Two mature individuals of any type can have a successful relationships.
    INTJ is a type.
    Therefore:
    Two INTJs can have a successful relationship.

In reality, how developed and mature any given individual is will infinitely impact their ability to have a relationship more than their type. Regardless of how "incompatible" two individuals may be based on type, type is not the deciding factor on their ability to have a relationship.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Two mature individuals of any type can have a successful relationships.
    INTJ is a type.
    Therefore:
    Two INTJs can have a successful relationship.

In reality, how developed and mature any given individual is will infinitely impact their ability to have a relationship more than their type. Regardless of how "incompatible" two individuals may be based on type, type is not the deciding factor on their ability to have a relationship.
    I'm not arguing against the INTJ+INTJ combo here, but I seriously disagree with this. I think a couple of things. First, either you can take the MBTI as a meaningful designation or not. If you do, and given that you're posting on this forum I assume you so, then you have to agree that there are certain combinations of personalities that don't equate to a successful relationship. A successful relationship means a lot more than simply staying together. I don't think that all possible combinations would work, and more to the point I think that a given individual is only going to be attracted to a limited range of types to begin with. Maturity (however you meant it in your post) not withstanding.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

I think there are better combination.

However if one is balanced INTJ and another is expressed INTJ there would be enough differences to make it interesting and stabile on the long run. While understanding of the other side shouldn't be that hard.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I wouldn't avoid it, I don't seek people based on type though.

I consider myself a fairly balanced INTJ, so it would have a good chance of working on a purely mechanical level, but there are far more aspects that are not related to cognitive function in a relationship (such as values).

I wouldn't say that it'd be boring either. Debate might be more of an intellectual foreplay than anything else.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    INTJ

I go out with an INTJ and it's the best relationship I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I agree with the robots clanking, but disagree about the flirtation. INTJ flirting can put an ExxP to shame, when they are motivated to do so. Hot damn.

Please expound!

Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    I go out with an INTJ and it's the best relationship I've ever had.
    So how much does that tell us? (What other relationships have you had?)

---

Personally I have zero chemistry with other INTJs. It'd be like dating my brother, and I'm not just saying that because my brother actually is an INTJ.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post

Please expound!
    Oh come on, you guys are witty and charming and slightly self deprecating in a way that's not pathetic. Even when you get on the arrogant high horse that NTs, esp NTJs (imo), are prone to do, you do it with finesse. At least as long as you are still trying to court the person in question. (After that, you are just a bunch of pricks, like the rest of us.)

And you guys always have at least one excellent skill that you whip out of your hat for the encore. It's kinda maddeningly sexy.

There are times when you don't even realize what you are doing, but they are blended in so well with the times that you do - so I just spend my days in pure torture, wondering if you guys really know what you are doing to me, and if you are doing it on purpose. The guessing game - it keeps me on my toes. INTJs (and on occasion, INTPs) are the one type that can make me want to jump across the table and give a great big smother hug. I normally don't like to touch people. Give yourselves some credit.

slightly self deprecating in a way that's not pathetic.
    That's the only thing approaching specific in that whole eulogy.

()

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    That's the only thing approaching specific in that whole eulogy.
    Alright, I can be more specific... what you just did, for instance. You indirectly challenged me in a direct way. You were dismissive while engaging me at the same time. You notice the details, or the lack thereof, and you present a situation that keeps the conversation going in a lighthearted manner. This is something that other types just don't get and it really makes me interested and screaming for more.

Coupled with the fact that it was embedded in a completely sarcastic but yet truthful sentence. You just can't argue with the logic presented - I truly wasn't specific, so I can't be offended or even accuse you of fishing for compliments. It was the perfect trap.

I'm not suggesting that you are flirting now, but if you chose to, you would be awesome at it. At least awesome according to my standards.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

There are times when you don't even realize what you are doing, but they are blended in so well with the times that you do - so I just spend my days in pure torture, wondering if you guys really know what you are doing to me, and if you are doing it on purpose. The guessing game - it keeps me on my toes. INTJs (and on occasion, INTPs) are the one type that can make me want to jump across the table and give a great big smother hug. I normally don't like to touch people. Give yourselves some credit.
    Apparently, I need to be in search of NT women. This is possibly the only type of flirting that I'm good at with any consistency.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• :hi:
  • :bye:
  • :)
  • :hug:
  • :happy2:
  • :smile:
  • :wubbie:
  • :D
  • :wink: