• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Evil

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
As we NTJs stand atop the evil chain of MBTI sentiment, I was hoping to discuss what people mean when they give us this name.

I spent last week visiting a bunch of struggling artists, vegans and environmentalists.

As a response to my differing opinions on government spending and inability to show remorse for the possible loss of their inefficient and inutilitous non profit organizations I was dubbed evil.

However, this is not the first time i have been classified on the malicious side of the moral spectrum. I've even classified myself in this way before.

The following characteristics of mine are what I believe have earned me the lable of evil:
The respect for my 'selfless' drives only on the grounds of an unwillingness to deny myself satisfaction.
The exagerated respect payed to the decisions of others to confront or oppose me. In other words, the lack of consideration for the awareness a person has of the challenge I am about to make to their self revalations. (I'm getting better and worse with this as time passes)
The obvious pleasure I take in conflict, which has manifest itself in the development of ideas which find the most disagreement. (I only with I were still catholic)

anyway, anyone else have any thoughts on evil and being labled as such?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait, can you clarify a little better whether they consider your (1) ideas evil, (2) your method/attitude of communicating your ideas evil, or (3) some combination of both evil?

(That middle sentence above is kind of hard for me to get my head around.)

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I am evil, my "soul". (according to them)

Atomic Fiend

Are you planing on world domination or the destruction of civilization as we know it?

Do you kick dogs, and snatch purses and kidnap babies?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I dont think ENTJs are evil. Some of them can be strongly opinionated / provoking on purpose and because I am a big fan of a mind-blowing debate, while they approach a debate with a strong opinion and then want to be convinced otherwise if possible, we dont talk much often.

Cant really say much more about them. I am sure they have their ways to get happy. Sure aint mine.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am evil, my "soul". (according to them)

I'm asking whether they consider your soul evil because of your ideas or because of the way you treat people when you convey your ideas, or both.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
the entj I knew tried to argue with me in a condescending manner. He knew what he was getting himself into as well, as the coward has never spoken to me since.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Condescending thats a good word. I cant react so fast when that happens to me cause I am most of the times overwhelmed by the question "what the fuck"

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Condescending thats a good word. I cant react so fast when that happens to me cause I am most of the times overwhelmed by the question "what the fuck"

:rofl1: I know what you mean, it's like, should I even keep talking to this prick that's disrespecting me?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi, glad you started a blog. And I wouldn't worry about being 'evil.' That's just subjective anyway. Besides, without evil, there's no good - so you help us ENFPs indirectly even if you don't intend to! LOL j/k :D

In all seriousness, though, I wouldn't worry about other people's perceptions.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think that we didn't get this reputation just like that. I think that it is somwhat desrved actually. Since biologically our "job" is to organize the "tribe". Which can mean sacrificing an individual for a greater good.
I am sure that that human history was full of situation where you simply had to suffer loses in numbers. By this I mean that what not matter which choice you made someone will die. Because of this I think that we for the most part
have a "gift" or lacking empathy by quite observable degree. Since empathy can prevent us from making a good choice.

I usually try not to show my NTJ side to its full potencial because I have nothing to gain from social perspective.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
What I don't understand about the concept of good and evil and soul and what not is how on earth can you judge any of these without a common basis for what they are?

It's usually the people who go around saying and meaning rather than joking "this is evil... you are amoral..." who can't tolerate any other definitions of good and evil but their own. Nor are they incline to explain what they mean and to work out their differences with you.

In my book, evil is a bad word because it's used as a label to indiscriminately feather and tar something without doing something fix it. (Unless the fix is to destroy it... which in this case isn't the act just as nonconstructive and thus evil?)

NTJs aren't evil... People hell bent on their own ways and ignore all other opinions are

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I usually try not to show my NTJ side to its full potencial because I have nothing to gain from social perspective.

This is the truth. It's better to just keep it to myself most of the time.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I think evil here has maybe been misconstrued with lack of empathy.

Is it our fault that we naturally have a hard time understanding the feelings of others?

No

However, it our our fault if we never try to develop the F side at all.

I personally have never been called evil. Self centered, but not evil.

The best part about being of the type that certain people consider evil, is also being of the type that doesn't give a flying fuck what others (that we don't care about) think of us.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This is the truth. It's better to just keep it to myself most of the time.

Exactly.
In todays world this "skill(s)" are not that much important because we have plenty of resorces. But in the past, critical/dangerous situations and cases when you are low in amount of resources NTJness can be quite useful.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
The best part about being of the type that certain people consider evil, is also being of the type that doesn't give a flying fuck what others (that we don't care about) think of us.

And thats your good right. Just dont wonder about being called evil then

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Evil is a religious concept. And as such I tend not to buy into it. People are people. We can try to force everyone to be on their best behavior all of the time but it's an exercise in futility. Define best behavior. People have different ideas about what is acceptable or "evil". It's a fight against human nature. Opposing forces eventually meet somewhere in the middle and things usually balance out.