MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Some off-topic posts moved here.
    i think, when eck wrote "tastes like strawberry", eck was refering to the OP. i kinda think N without F would taste like strawberry in a way. Probably shouldn't have added ecks post to the 'off topic' thread
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    i think, when eck wrote "tastes like strawberry", eck was refering to the OP. i kinda think N without F would taste like strawberry in a way. Probably shouldn't have added ecks post to the 'off topic' thread
    Oh very well. *poof, done*

(Always thought it tasted like kiwi-banana-mango myself, tho.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

For N+F overkill we definitly need a dark fruit:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AkBC6wX-bw"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Have you tried tuning out Fe and just focus on using Ti to understand and direct Ni exploration? It wouldn't get you the same experience as an NT (since you're not Ni Te or Ti Ne) but it's close? I find that approach to work when trying to understand the NT perspective.

It's kind of like withholding judgment until later, this so call "turning off" Fe. The thoughts may run through your head, but you don't let it stop your current line of thoughts.

Athenian, I find that Ne dominant's understanding of Ni can be very off the mark. I agree with you that Forty six & 2 is not about Ni at all.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Have you tried tuning out Fe and just focus on using Ti to understand and direct Ni exploration? It wouldn't get you the same experience as an NT (since you're not Ni Te or Ti Ne) but it's close? I find that approach to work when trying to understand the NT perspective.

It's kind of like withholding judgment until later, this so call "turning off" Fe. The thoughts may run through your head, but you don't let it stop your current line of thoughts.

Athenian, I find that Ne dominant's understanding of Ni can be very off the mark. I agree with you that Forty six & 2 is not about Ni at all.
    As I always say to Aethian: the world becomes far more easier if i read your posts
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I've recently discovered that I can't picture it. No matter how I look at things, it seems as if desire or morality is always somewhere in relation to the picture. As a result, I've found myself unable to relate to NTs, because I can't seem to conceive of ideas that don't involve a personal element in most arenas, while this constant conception of impersonal ideas is their main experience of reality.
    That's funny, because I still think you ARE an NT.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post

Actually, that's how I think most of the time, which is why I thought I had an idea of the NT perspective. But then I kind of worried... well, what if I don't really have an idea of it, because an NTs Feeling is more tied up with inferior or tertiary Sensing, and thus they experience emotions in a completely different way than NFs do? Or what if my Thinking works very differently than theirs because it's more tied to Sensing rather than any form of Intuition?

So basically, I guess was trying to figure out if NTs have feelings about ideas and abstractions like NFs do, or whether their feelings are limited to underdeveloped versions of SF-style feelings and values (even though I wouldn't have considered this before).

It was mostly prompted by simulatedworld, I guess... because he implied that NTs don't think about guilt, and since he sees being bothered by crime having positive results as lamenting an amoral world, he even made me question whether they even value justice, security, and consistency (which I know is ridiculous, but it crossed my mind for a moment).
    Ah, this is reassuring. He really did make me afraid that NTs experience Ni THAT differently

Here's what I wrote on INTJf when I went there to ask how they'd describe impersonal Ni:

"My impression was that it just sounds like a lot of cathartic, pseudo-intellectual nonsense that glorifies idealizing and striving for the sake of the object rather than the idea... in other words, Ne in a different form with Ti or Fi mixed in. It just seems to glorify purposeless expansion and striving, and it truly annoys me to have this associated with Ni."

It's funny. When I talk to INTJs, or some INTPs, I'm left with the impression that NTs are awesome, interesting, likable, and easy to relate to... just a little oblivious to their own and/or other people's feelings. But when I talk to some ENTx types, or a very particular kind of crude INTx, I think their motivations are totally alien and scary (though some ENTPs give me the same impression as an INTx).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    That's funny, because I still think you ARE an NT.
    Nope, I'm just an Introverted N. We tend to look a little bit like NTs on the surface, but we're totally different. A lot of people think that, though. My Fe doesn't come through well online.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I think it was Nocap who recently discussed that N requires judging function support to operate correctly, and as far as I can tell it doesn't seem to be outside the realm of possibility. Because of this, I think your judging function can [and does] affect what your N is "attracted to" to some degree. While I may "see" the human elements in things and connections, they're often not considered as much in comparison to other elements that my mind prizes.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Yes, yes but when I force myself to smile, I'm doing it consciously, because I think it will work. I use Ne to think of options and Ti to make the decision to force myself to smile to put myself in a good mood. The mind always leads the body - at least for me.
    An interesting thought.

If the mind leads the body, does the mind decide to feel pain?