User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

This proves to be a slightly flaw with the Meyers-Briggs typology.. both NFs and NTs are very comfortable with the abstract- which requires a deal of intuition to work through.

However, the Idealists are more comfortable with using intuition when making decisions while the Rationals will rely more on reason.

I find Intuition helps my thought process be more efficient- easily eliminating certain options which don't seem very viable.
    I have a strong sense of intuition but I don't feel comfortable relying on it entirely when making decisions.
    Logic is my best friend.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

He's being honest about what he felt and he wasn't suggesting that NTs hope people die so they can get a job.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    There is one thing that makes logically no sense. If you are unhappy with the way you see people, then you ask others about their way, but why then still justify how you see people. Then again, if you are happy with the way you see, people, then why ask others.
    I didn't ask because I was unhappy with the way I see people. I'm content with it. I asked because I wanted to understand the way others see people. I wasn't justifying it, I was explaining it.

Ultimately this leads to one logical conclusion. You can ask now every person who thinks different all the way you want. But you wont understand them, cause you havent understood you yourself yet.
    No offense, but that's a rather pointless thing to say. No one can really "understand themselves" completely. We're not capable of gaining or maintaining conscious awareness of every aspect of our own nature.

You've said similar things before, and I don't want to wait around and "experience" things before trying to understand them. I can do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    <edited>
    O...kay. I'm not going to touch this loaded series of assumptions with a 10-foot pole.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Tastes like strawberry.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I didn't ask because I was unhappy with the way I see people. I'm content with it. I asked because I wanted to understand the way others see people. I wasn't justifying it, I was explaining it.
    My basic problem is that I dont understand why anyone could be that arrogant to think that he ever can understand another person, cause he will be the same person forever and forever again.

I have a flaw at this point but I wont correct it, cause I am afraid to become insane.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

NTs believe more in social darwinism, and that morality is subjective.
    NFs I don't know what they believe in, but they seem to have a strict sense of right and wrong and have more compassion than their T counterparts.

The best example of an NT who lacks faith in morality is machievelli, who said the ends justify the means.

As for having evil thoughts and wishing malice on other people, all human beings have those once in awhile, so you should not view yourself gulity for this.

Without NTs, the world would not have towering achievements like buildings,telecommunications , missiles, and all sorts of advance technology.
    Without NFs, the world would be cold and ruthless, no one would care for other people other than themselves, and there would be no moral justice.

So the two balacne each other out.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    xxxx

Athenian, why do you choose to focus on N without F? How is this any different than visualizing S without F? (or any letter without F for that matter)
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Athenian, why do you choose to focus on N without F?
    Specifically, it's because simulatedworld claimed he had a song that represented Ni. I disagreed, and presented songs that conveyed my own idea of Ni. He dismissed this as being the "NF version" of Ni, and I realized that if those things I saw as part of Ni are all NF qualities, then I don't understand NTs at all.

How is this any different than visualizing S without F? (or any letter without F for that matter)
    Well... it isn't difficult to visualize on an abstract level. That's why I can estimate what fields of study embody the NT archetype. However, I can't understand how emotions fit into an NTs worldview, and I had previously thought I had some idea, but my interaction with simulatedworld made me feel like I had none. So I decided to recheck it.

MBTI
    INTP

Smile

This is not a criticism of the administration or the venerable mods.
    If I were a mod, I should have had the post number 22 removed.
    It is an offensive post, and a personal attack. It is inane and serves no constructive purpose whatsoever. Nobody should be forced to receive such posts.
    A healthy environment is a safe environment where members are protected from assaults.

I do not know what is the mod policy here. This is not an attack on the mods.
    They cannot see everything.

I only say what I'd have done, had I been a mod who happened to see the post.
    Please do not be offended.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    This is not a criticism of the administration or the venerable mods.
    If I were a mod, I should have had the post number 22 removed.
    It is an offensive post, and a personal attack. It is inane and serves no constructive purpose whatsoever. Nobody should be forced to receive such posts.
    A healthy environment is a safe environment where members are protected from assaults.

I do not know what is the mod policy here. This is not an attack on the mods.
    They cannot see everything.

I only say what I'd have done, had I been a mod who happened to see the post. Please do not be offended.
    Sorry, it's Sunday night and sometimes there's no one around or no one to keep an eye on every thread just in case things get derailed.

We eventually did catch up with this one and are reviewing it to see what actions to take. Thanks for your concern.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft