ENTp

I have to humanize people.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

I think this is where MBTI can be used to liberate. Let's ponder a bit.

ENTP Ne Ti Fe Si

So If we wanted to put Ne aside, we have to pick the types with Ne in the weakest position. To start, that would be:

ISTJ - Si Te Fi Ne
    ISFJ - Si Fe Ti Ne

and Ne all the way back in 8th
    ESTP - Se Ti Fe Ni
    ESFP - Se Fi Te Ni

I'm sure there are times when you acting like these types. Perhaps that can give you some insight.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Appearing like a type and actually changing the way I process information are two different things. I might be off on my processing (due to tiredness, substances or mental unhealthiness) which may cause me to look like a different type, but I could never truly think like another type. I would look like a very, very unhealthy specimen of that type, I think.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I have to humanize people.
    Ah. That makes sense. That's pretty much what I imagined NTs being like.

Actually, come to think of it, I guess do get things that are "just ideas."

For instance, I recently heard about a large number of people dying in some kind of situation on the news. I then found myself fantasizing about a large number of employed people in my area dying in an accident, and jobs opening up as a result (probably because I'm struggling to find a job right now). Part of me was going, "Finally, I might have a chance now that there's less competition and the positions have been forced open." There was another part going "What a disgusting idea! Ugh."

Basically, I guess I do have ideas along those lines, but I end up punishing myself for them. So, I guess being an NT is like having such ideas on a regular basis without experiencing any guilt or disgust at yourself?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Appearing like a type and actually changing the way I process information are two different things. I might be off on my processing (due to tiredness, substances or mental unhealthiness) which may cause me to look like a different type, but I could never truly think like another type. I would look like a very, very unhealthy specimen of that type, I think.

I noticed once that no matter what my mood ways, if I smiled, even a fake one, I always felt better. Later I found out that various neurological speakers at TED and motivational speakers, business leaders, etc all say the same thing.

Beginners always suck, this is why there is some amount of BS. But when you force your body into a certain character, it affects the way the mind works. Through IQ and EQ.

It's a different perspective from letting your mind lead your body to letting your body lead your mind. I never met anyone who danced and became depressed, regardless if they wanted to dance or not. I generally think of the shy dancer at prom.

"C'mon, let's go! it'll be fun!"

Stuff like this.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Basically, I guess I do have ideas along those lines, but I end up punishing myself for them. So, I guess being an NT is like having such ideas on a regular basis without experiencing any guilt or disgust at yourself?
    I think you're on to something, but it seems like there is an element missing... I guess the thing is that we all have T and F. Thoughts come and go and I don't dwell on them, and certainly don't beat myself up about them. But when I humanize the story/idea, I can feel compassion or some unidentifiable feeling - not necessarily guilt, though.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by durentu View Post
    It's a different perspective from letting your mind lead your body to letting your body lead your mind. I never met anyone who danced and became depressed, regardless if they wanted to dance or not. I generally think of the shy dancer at prom.

"C'mon, let's go! it'll be fun!"

Stuff like this.
    Yes, yes but when I force myself to smile, I'm doing it consciously, because I think it will work. I use Ne to think of options and Ti to make the decision to force myself to smile to put myself in a good mood. The mind always leads the body - at least for me.

MBTI
    PINT

This may be a good example/metaphor.. at least, I was surprised I hadn't thought of it when I read it. In "Moon" a corporation built a base on the far side of the moon to mine helium 3 as a fuel source.

Quote Originally Posted by [URL=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1182345/trivia]imdb[/URL]
    According to director Duncan Jones, the film was shown to some NASA scientists who questioned why harvesting of H3 would not take place on the near side of the moon, where H3 is in more abundance. The explanation given was that the choice was made to harvest the far side so as not to affect wildlife.
    Things like that just don't occur to me.

Like Jack Daniels without the hangover.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, certain nuances can't be conveyed impersonally, for me. But if the idea doesn't contain personal nuance, then it's just an idea.

Well, I might. I'd see it as a person who values curiosity and enjoys observation. But I don't see that as overwhelmingly personal.

I do know that perspective. It generally only happens for me, though, if I can dehumanize the people involved (including myself). Basically, I have to take them in my mind and set my mind up to represent them as numbers, programs, machines, or animals rather than people. THEN I can see things the way you described. But I wouldn't feel comfortable maintaining that perspective.
    There is one thing that makes logically no sense. If you are unhappy with the way you see people, then you ask others about their way, but why then still justify how you see people. Then again, if you are happy with the way you see, people, then why ask others.

Ultimately this leads to one logical conclusion. You can ask now every person who thinks different all the way you want. But you wont understand them, cause you havent understood you yourself yet.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]