• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Rant on INTJs

Usehername

On a mission
(Why has this not been made yet? Because we're getting slammed here?)

Anyway, do your thing.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJs like to argue points even if they don't believe what they are arguing for. It pisses people off, especially other INTJs.

edit:...er...whoops

Vortex

MBTI Type
WOLF
I like INTJs. They're funny. Most of the time.

I don't have much to rant about, except the good old friend, CC, not knowing when to stop, pushing and pushing and pushing and that freaky thing they do where you never really know if they like you or not.

But I really like INTJs. My boyfriend is one (and he's funny to poke)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah, all the information spilled in the other threads basically gives me no original content to add. I sometimes wonder what it would be like to have one for a girlfriend, but not much more than a few other types. *shrug* call me masochistic I guess if some of you would like.

Helfeather

MBTI Type
IXTX
I personally like INTJ, but they are -very- unpopular w/ some other people.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Honestly, I look at every type description and think myself slightly masochistic to want any of them, ^^;;

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Since no one seems to be responding, I'm gonna break the rules.

Of course, I'm proud of most of these traits:
  • Can be extremely prejudiced (against people or certain ideas) or superstitious. Some may think we're ignorant, but I think we just have good instincts!
  • Can be dogmatic about their theories about the world.
  • Are often isolated from reality...
  • ...because they're too busy creating their own reality.
  • Tend to be obsessive.
  • They do not trust people, because they're smart enough to know that no one can be trusted.
  • Are often cynical.
  • Can often be creatures of habit, but personally, this keeps me sane.
  • Contrary to popular belief, they can often be quite shy, so their dogmatic ideas often remain hidden.
  • People think we're assholes, but we don't see that as something to be ashamed of. ;)

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
They break rules. For shame!

ygolo

My termites win
INTJs can be a lot like Rumpelstiltskin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Today I bake, tomorrow I brew,
Today for one
Tomorrow for two
Little knows my royal dame
Rumpelstiltskin is my name"

Planning very rigidly, while at the same time setting up for failure.

On a more constructive note:Beyond just contingecy planning, leaving room for improvisation, other people's creativity and integration of more pressing matters in to plans can mitigate rigidity.

Also, keep in mind, goal setting and goal changing (w/ adequate cause) are the signs of an intelligent/reflective person. Mindless tracking towards a goal is what a thermostat does. :D last bit is just a joke. ;)

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
From my SJ husband: we're often illogical in our thinking but logical in our actions.

Mendacity

I think our biggest thing is arguing. For me, part of this comes from being raised by lawyers (like being raised by wolves... except that wolves aren't as vicious), but it seems to be something most of us do quite a bit. I think this can be a strength in some situations, but it also seems to be other types' biggest gripe with us and I can certainly understand how it can be obnoxious.
To illustrate my point: my brother is also an INTJ and we were talking the other night about our INTJness. He mentioned that in his relationships, his girlfriends seemed always to be saying to him, "It's like I have to prove every stupid little thing to you!" My boyfriends are always complaining that they have to cite case law at me, submit evidence and produce a corroborative witness when we fight.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think our biggest thing is arguing. For me, part of this comes from being raised by lawyers (like being raised by wolves... except that wolves aren't as vicious), but it seems to be something most of us do quite a bit. I think this can be a strength in some situations, but it also seems to be other types' biggest gripe with us and I can certainly understand how it can be obnoxious.
To illustrate my point: my brother is also an INTJ and we were talking the other night about our INTJness. He mentioned that in his relationships, his girlfriends seemed always to be saying to him, "It's like I have to prove every stupid little thing to you!" My boyfriends are always complaining that they have to cite case law at me, submit evidence and produce a corroborative witness when we fight.

It's funny, my ex of greatest standing used to hate it because I WOULDN'T engage her in arguments if I felt they were pointless. I saw no need to proceed further if I said my piece and heard hers. For her, it wasn't about proving a point like it was for me. For her it was more about the exercise of having an argument...she just wanted to yell for a while because that's how she got out her frustration. I didn't realize that at the time, though...I thought she just wasn't hearing me.