Thread: Rant on INTJs

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

They break rules. For shame!

MBTI
    INFP

They hold grudges for so long that it's ridiculous. Even with little shit.

INTJs can be a lot like Rumpelstiltskin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Today I bake, tomorrow I brew,
    Today for one
    Tomorrow for two
    Little knows my royal dame
    Rumpelstiltskin is my name"
    Planning very rigidly, while at the same time setting up for failure.

On a more constructive note:Beyond just contingecy planning, leaving room for improvisation, other people's creativity and integration of more pressing matters in to plans can mitigate rigidity.

Also, keep in mind, goal setting and goal changing (w/ adequate cause) are the signs of an intelligent/reflective person. Mindless tracking towards a goal is what a thermostat does. last bit is just a joke.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTJ

From my SJ husband: we're often illogical in our thinking but logical in our actions.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    From my SJ husband: we're often illogical in our thinking but logical in our actions.
    Seems right. An amazing trick really.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

I think our biggest thing is arguing. For me, part of this comes from being raised by lawyers (like being raised by wolves... except that wolves aren't as vicious), but it seems to be something most of us do quite a bit. I think this can be a strength in some situations, but it also seems to be other types' biggest gripe with us and I can certainly understand how it can be obnoxious.
    To illustrate my point: my brother is also an INTJ and we were talking the other night about our INTJness. He mentioned that in his relationships, his girlfriends seemed always to be saying to him, "It's like I have to prove every stupid little thing to you!" My boyfriends are always complaining that they have to cite case law at me, submit evidence and produce a corroborative witness when we fight.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    That makes absolutely no sense, and yet it's so true.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Quote Originally Posted by Mendacity View Post
    I think our biggest thing is arguing. For me, part of this comes from being raised by lawyers (like being raised by wolves... except that wolves aren't as vicious), but it seems to be something most of us do quite a bit. I think this can be a strength in some situations, but it also seems to be other types' biggest gripe with us and I can certainly understand how it can be obnoxious.
    To illustrate my point: my brother is also an INTJ and we were talking the other night about our INTJness. He mentioned that in his relationships, his girlfriends seemed always to be saying to him, "It's like I have to prove every stupid little thing to you!" My boyfriends are always complaining that they have to cite case law at me, submit evidence and produce a corroborative witness when we fight.
    It's funny, my ex of greatest standing used to hate it because I WOULDN'T engage her in arguments if I felt they were pointless. I saw no need to proceed further if I said my piece and heard hers. For her, it wasn't about proving a point like it was for me. For her it was more about the exercise of having an argument...she just wanted to yell for a while because that's how she got out her frustration. I didn't realize that at the time, though...I thought she just wasn't hearing me.

GirlAmerica

that freaky thing they do where you never really know if they like you or not
    ???????

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by GirlAmerica View Post
    ???????
    Gosh, I thought that was INFJs....!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft