• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Rant on ENTJs

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Off the top of my head I only have one thing:

-taking charge of a situation when there is clearly a more competent person available for the task at hand.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Appears to be more concerned with objectives than friends. Thus, making them untrustworthy. I will admit, though, that this is on my limited experience with ENTJs.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- See a rant thread about them as a list of strengths, not weaknesses.

(I'd write more, but I am going to Olive Garden. Ha.)

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
In my experience ENTJs tend to actually come right out and say all of the brash or downright rude things we INTJs think but keep to ourselves. Needless to say, I love that about them.

(One ENTJ I know can be so rude towards strangers it even takes me aback.)

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
overly focused on the 'outside' of things. sees everything in the world as tetris blocks for them to twist and turn until they fit.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I'm a very impatient person. This is probably my worst personality trait.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
ENTJs and INFPs seem to naturally rub each other the wrong way, not sure why. Or maybe it's only INFPs that get rubbed the wrong way.

My only real problem with ENTJs is that relentless desire to lead everything. If they could just chill with that (in a social setting, at least) I wouldn't have a problem with them. In fact, if they could just chill period it would help a lot.

ygolo

My termites win
They can seem like they're "too important to spend time with the likes of you or you're kind" or otherwise find your presence a waste of time.

On a constructive note:They could avoid that impression if they sit down with someone (even if they actually don't spend more time) and simply breathe more deeply (even if they are impatient for something).

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
They can seem like they're "too important to spend time with the likes of you or you're kind" or otherwise find your presence a waste of time.

My reasoning is never like that, it's just that most of the times I've got things to do because I was busy posting here or there or chatting with a friend instead of actually doing what I had to, so I have to run to catch on everything I have left undone :doh:

ygolo

My termites win
My reasoning is never like that, it's just that most of the times I've got things to do because I was busy posting here or there or chatting with a friend instead of actually doing what I had to, so I have to run to catch on everything I have left undone :doh:

I know that, but I have heard that complaint of an ENTJ (my guess) manager of mine.

What do you think of the "sit-down and breathe" suggestion?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have only actually known one ENTJ in real life, I think. I liked him, but if I had to criticize him, I would have said:

- Get a GRIP, take a deep breath, and just CHILL. (I'd say "drink a beer" but I have the feeling he might have been a MEAN drunk.)
- Yes, some people ARE incompetent. You don't need to destroy them or take their incompetence personally.
- Maybe there are some other options you're not paying attention to, although your ideas are usually good ones.
- You don't have to be so condescending just because your ideas usually are broader and cover more of the bases than most people with less brainpower and who thus do more misguided things.
- Just because you can DO something doesn't mean it's the right thing to do, needs to actually be done, or is the best use of everyone's time and energy.
- You're not in charge, the Project Manager is. The rest of us submit to him, as part of being a member of this group; if we all acted like you, this whole thing would fall apart. So suck it up, princess.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
-They're very scary and intimidating. Scaring all the timid people away.
-Act like they are superior beings, although they probably don't think they are, it still makes them alot of enemies.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Spending other people's money for their own agenda and seeing no problem with it.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I have nothing bad to say about ENTJ's. Because they'll kick my ass if I do.

Ha, no, seriously, every time I think of anything about the ones I know that makes me rant sometimes, I quickly find myself going all soft and smiling at how their doing these things is just one reason why I love them them so much. They're the only ones usually, who can get real results out of me, on a personal level - when I can't get them out of myself. Some of the things they do that I know other people hate, I love - like ordering someone to commit sepuku, with a smile on their face and in a cheerful voice... haha...

lastrailway

As I was saying in the ENTPs thread, I realised yesterday that my boss is an ENTP and the girl who works with him an ENTJ.
I get along very well with her, only two points can bother me some times:
-Some times too invasive. I mean, thanks for trying to help me, but look your own business. I don't want people messing with my job.
-Hard to hang around with her. She is over-energetic, overly sociable, and she really won't let you alone. You have to participate to her craziness. Actually I usually have a lot of fun when I hang around with her, but sometimes the whole thing is too much.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
What do you think of the "sit-down and breathe" suggestion?

I think it's something I say to at least one of my ENTJ's just about every day. I have the (debatable) good fortune of knowing and seeing four of them on a regular basis. Interestingly, though they sometimes moan at me for being 'too flippant', when they get 'like that', they all acknowledge that I'm the one they need to help lighten them up, and I can always do it. When everyone else is hiding in the filing cabinet I'm the one sitting on his desk putting paperclip chains on his head and doing the Jadzia-Dax thing.

I've a theory that ENXP's are the perfect 'antidote' or 'counterbalance' to ENTJ's and vice versa, and where one of us is, the other is needed also for the benefit of everyone else. We can handle each other in ways few other types can.

Arandur

MBTI Type
INTJ
When they engage in verbal combat and on the offchance come out on the losing end, they'll just keep at it with the most nonsensical (but harsh) crap until they feel like they've won. Of course this last-pitch effort is always as laughable as it is rare (I have an ENTJ dad and sister).

Kiddo

Furry Critter with Claws
MBTI Type
OMNi
I had an ENTJ roommate who had lots of annoying traits.

1. If he went into a business and if anyone treated him less than ideal, he would badger that poor empolyee until he got something for free. I watched him reduce a McDonald's drive-threw girl to tears. After he made a rude comment to her, she gave him a look and he kept asking to see her manager while making rather mean comments about minimum wage fast food workers. And of course he got his meal comped.

2. He had no moral scruples at all. I watched him cheat on and lie to the women he dated without blinking an eye and then tear into them for not trusting him. He would then go on and on about how stupid and pathetic women were. I watched him threaten and intimidate people for "opening their mouths" to the point that they would pay him off. I watched him rip into guys for smoking weed while he would actually sell the stuff.

3. He absolutely loved me even though I despised him. I still can't figure that one out.

Finally I got sick of it and moved out. I wish he had never taken the MBTI and told me his results because that personality type is ruined for me forever.