User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Default Intuitive Bible processing

First of all I'd like you to know I am not preaching here, I do not belong to any religion, I believe there is something to be learned in all religions.

I usually don't talk about this either because most people create mental blocks when it comes to personal belief systems, but over the years I have been noticing some links between scripture, science, and reality. I have found scientific reasoning and truths in simple vague statements in the bible. Here are a couple examples.

The bible tells you to pray before meals and show gratitude, but it doesn't tell you WHY. I found a reason, it quite literally makes your food BETTER and healthier, I've even conducted experiments of food decay and the one with positive prayer always looks better and fresher! take a look at my album for my experiment. However this is regarded as a pseudo science in the outside world, but the discoverer has even given lectures at harvard.

In the story of creation, First there was the word. Words are sounds and vibrations, and science has found that these vibrations and changes in frequency actually changes the structure of matter itself, thus is becomes quite feasible that sounds can very well be essential elements to creating the universe. You and I even have our very own unique vibratory frequency. Let me show you this video, only sound is needed to shape the matter we do not have to touch it. YouTube - Shapeshifting from Vibration and Frequency - Send out Love?

When you hit certain frequencies, you can actually see mini galaxies and mini planets forming.

It's quite odd because 5 years ago I was more of a hardcore atheist, but these truths started to reveal themselves to me, I am very open minded, and I believe if I wasn't I would of rejected these ideas without proper investigation.

However it does follow a trend that psychologists have been observing.
    Stages of Spiritual Growth - M. Scott Peck, M.D.
    Last edited by INTJ123; 07-18-2009 at 06:47 AM.

MBTI
    INTx

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTj

lol dude, you actually made me laugh with that one.
    When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it.
    - Bernard Bailey
    It is bad luck to be superstitious.
    - Andrew W. Mathis

sp/sx/so

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

well you can stick to the standard evolution theory, but there is plenty of contradictory evidence towards evolution, like how lucy was just a bunch of mixed bones, and human bones have been found in archeology during the times when we were supposed to be half monkey men, how can we coexist with our own half evolved forms? It's all about consistency, what remains constant is true.

I think science is really becoming a religion, people have forgotten that evolution is a theory and now hold it as fact, but just like any other religion, it's a belief.

EDIT:Maybe I should just mention The Church of SCIENTOLOGY, if that's not an official religion that screams science then hell you tell me what it needs to be.
    Last edited by INTJ123; 07-18-2009 at 08:05 AM.

garbage

The thread title's interesting enough that I'm going to comment without really acknowledging the OP, on something kind of related but not. Sorry, but the OP kind of sounds like The Secret.

My pastor posited that the term "grace" has often been a mistranslation or misnomer in the English translation of the Bible, that it is more about taking on a Godly point of view. Similarly with the "kingdom of God," which is described metaphorically.. such as "the kingdom of God is like..." It, too, is more about pursuing a particular way of life.

I'm surprised that a pastor holds such a point of view, but it's been my thought all along. I'll say that this is the only way I can make sense of it and gleam truth from it. But pretty cool truth, it is.

I'd love to read more about the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    I think science is really becoming a religion, people have forgotten that evolution is a theory and now hold it as fact, but just like any other religion, it's a belief.

MBTI
    INTP

well you can stick to the standard evolution theory, but there is plenty of contradictory evidence towards evolution, like how lucy was just a bunch of mixed bones, and human bones have been found in archeology during the times when we were supposed to be half monkey men, how can we coexist with our own half evolved forms? It's all about consistency, what remains constant is true.

Where are you getting this info about Lucy? Mixed bones from different era's doesn't discount Darwinian evolution, and they could easily radiocarbon date them or use one or all of the other many dating methods.

Speaking of theories, gravity is also a scientific theory. You are confusing the term with hypothesis. Evolution says nothing of "monkey" men and since it's inception, evolution has done nothing but become more validated as new evidence and methods of analysis have come about. DNA sequencing being a major one.

I agree in part that academia has elements of fundamentalism that some call "religion." Namely, the social sciences. Some people call it the "New Priesthood." Biology is not of this ilk.

As for the Bible, it is modified (by Roman elites) Christian folklore from the middle-east. You'll find useful tidbits of wisdom in it as you would any folklore such as the Sutra's, Poetic Edda, or the story of Robin Hood.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Alwar - of course
    the bible is allegory
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

I usually don't talk about this either because most people create mental blocks when it comes to personal belief systems...
    You'll see this whether there is a belief or an absence of belief. Everyone believes something even if it's nothing. People have mental blocks even when they don't think a higher being exists. People very rarely even can set aside their thoughts to hear someone as much as they can without being biased.

In regards to science becoming a belief, I think that's true. I don't agree that science should be the point or focus of someones beliefs or what not. I see science proving beliefs rather than becoming it.
    Last edited by Eagle; 07-19-2009 at 06:27 PM.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    Alwar - of course
    the bible is allegory
    I wish everyone perceived it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    You'll see this whether their is a belief or an absence of belief. Everyone believes something even if it's nothing. People have mental blocks even when they don't think a higher being exists. People very rarely even can set aside their thoughts to hear someone as much as they can without being biased.
    That is why science utilizes peer-review, to counter the problem of bias.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    I wish everyone perceived it that way.
    Soon enough. Maybe.
    I N V I C T U S