• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Intuitive Bible processing

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
First of all I'd like you to know I am not preaching here, I do not belong to any religion, I believe there is something to be learned in all religions.

I usually don't talk about this either because most people create mental blocks when it comes to personal belief systems, but over the years I have been noticing some links between scripture, science, and reality. I have found scientific reasoning and truths in simple vague statements in the bible. Here are a couple examples.

The bible tells you to pray before meals and show gratitude, but it doesn't tell you WHY. I found a reason, it quite literally makes your food BETTER and healthier, I've even conducted experiments of food decay and the one with positive prayer always looks better and fresher! take a look at my album for my experiment. However this is regarded as a pseudo science in the outside world, but the discoverer has even given lectures at harvard.

In the story of creation, First there was the word. Words are sounds and vibrations, and science has found that these vibrations and changes in frequency actually changes the structure of matter itself, thus is becomes quite feasible that sounds can very well be essential elements to creating the universe. You and I even have our very own unique vibratory frequency. Let me show you this video, only sound is needed to shape the matter we do not have to touch it. YouTube - Shapeshifting from Vibration and Frequency - Send out Love?

When you hit certain frequencies, you can actually see mini galaxies and mini planets forming.

It's quite odd because 5 years ago I was more of a hardcore atheist, but these truths started to reveal themselves to me, I am very open minded, and I believe if I wasn't I would of rejected these ideas without proper investigation.

However it does follow a trend that psychologists have been observing.
Stages of Spiritual Growth - M. Scott Peck, M.D.

Last edited:

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
well you can stick to the standard evolution theory, but there is plenty of contradictory evidence towards evolution, like how lucy was just a bunch of mixed bones, and human bones have been found in archeology during the times when we were supposed to be half monkey men, how can we coexist with our own half evolved forms? It's all about consistency, what remains constant is true.

I think science is really becoming a religion, people have forgotten that evolution is a theory and now hold it as fact, but just like any other religion, it's a belief.

EDIT:Maybe I should just mention The Church of SCIENTOLOGY, if that's not an official religion that screams science then hell you tell me what it needs to be.

Last edited:
G

garbage

The thread title's interesting enough that I'm going to comment without really acknowledging the OP, on something kind of related but not. Sorry, but the OP kind of sounds like The Secret.

My pastor posited that the term "grace" has often been a mistranslation or misnomer in the English translation of the Bible, that it is more about taking on a Godly point of view. Similarly with the "kingdom of God," which is described metaphorically.. such as "the kingdom of God is like..." It, too, is more about pursuing a particular way of life.

I'm surprised that a pastor holds such a point of view, but it's been my thought all along. I'll say that this is the only way I can make sense of it and gleam truth from it. But pretty cool truth, it is.

I'd love to read more about the topic.

I think science is really becoming a religion, people have forgotten that evolution is a theory and now hold it as fact, but just like any other religion, it's a belief.

:popc1:

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
well you can stick to the standard evolution theory, but there is plenty of contradictory evidence towards evolution, like how lucy was just a bunch of mixed bones, and human bones have been found in archeology during the times when we were supposed to be half monkey men, how can we coexist with our own half evolved forms? It's all about consistency, what remains constant is true.

Where are you getting this info about Lucy? Mixed bones from different era's doesn't discount Darwinian evolution, and they could easily radiocarbon date them or use one or all of the other many dating methods.

Speaking of theories, gravity is also a scientific theory. You are confusing the term with hypothesis. Evolution says nothing of "monkey" men and since it's inception, evolution has done nothing but become more validated as new evidence and methods of analysis have come about. DNA sequencing being a major one.

I agree in part that academia has elements of fundamentalism that some call "religion." Namely, the social sciences. Some people call it the "New Priesthood." Biology is not of this ilk.

As for the Bible, it is modified (by Roman elites) Christian folklore from the middle-east. You'll find useful tidbits of wisdom in it as you would any folklore such as the Sutra's, Poetic Edda, or the story of Robin Hood.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Alwar - of course
the bible is allegory

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I usually don't talk about this either because most people create mental blocks when it comes to personal belief systems...

You'll see this whether there is a belief or an absence of belief. Everyone believes something even if it's nothing. People have mental blocks even when they don't think a higher being exists. People very rarely even can set aside their thoughts to hear someone as much as they can without being biased.

In regards to science becoming a belief, I think that's true. I don't agree that science should be the point or focus of someones beliefs or what not. I see science proving beliefs rather than becoming it.

Last edited:

Alwar

The Architect
MBTI Type
INTP
Alwar - of course
the bible is allegory

I wish everyone perceived it that way.

You'll see this whether their is a belief or an absence of belief. Everyone believes something even if it's nothing. People have mental blocks even when they don't think a higher being exists. People very rarely even can set aside their thoughts to hear someone as much as they can without being biased.

That is why science utilizes peer-review, to counter the problem of bias.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
The bible tells you to pray before meals and show gratitude, but it doesn't tell you WHY. I found a reason, it quite literally makes your food BETTER and healthier, I've even conducted experiments of food decay and the one with positive prayer always looks better and fresher!

Sounds like a placebo effect. Which doesn't mean anything is wrong with doing it, if it works.

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
If I were to mix the whole emerging sciences with religion thing, I'd go for the angle that we simply don't know what the universe operates under. Supposedly the matter within the universe is 95%+ dark energy, quantum mechanics experiments enables the conscious mind to make changes in its results, and we could soon be measuring extra universes in the near future. In other words, god is in the details of the universe that we have yet to examine..

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Sounds like a placebo effect. Which doesn't mean anything is wrong with doing it, if it works.

Yeah, but I have trouble imagining that it makes the food healthier. Unless I'm missing something here.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4

The difference is that science is backed up by evidence, and will change when the evidence say it needs to. Religion isn't willing to change, even when evidence disproving a belief exists.

And technically a scientific "fact", or law, is something that has never failed to be correct on an experimental test. If, for some reason, a guy jumped off a building and started flying upwards without any observable cause, we'd begin reevaluating gravity. Just because something's been declared factual doesn't mean it can't still be disproven.

Also, keep in mind that evolution doesn't disprove creationism. There are plenty of religious scientists who believe in both.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I am staying mute on this topic. However I must say, good show, your trolling is strong and with a distinct Te style to it. But a word of wisdom, watch your ass, my Ne trolling will DESTROY your feeble Te!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

I think it depends on if you think the prayer is supposed to change the food or the person praying. If it is supposed to change the person then the prayer is working as intended.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh. My. God.

EDIT. Wrong sub-forum. Seriously.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Stages of Spiritual Growth - M. Scott Peck, M.D.

Most of you are stuck in stage 3, you can't see past logic, it takes a real life changing event, or some divine experience to surpass logic. Remember that no personality is better than the other and all functions are necessary for society to function, logic is not superior, it's merely 1 of the 7 or 8 intelligences that humans are capable of possessing.