First 7891011 Last

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

i would call it holistic science. Alot less harmful than social experiment, imo.
    i interpret the reasoning behind praying before eating is to get more satisfaction out of eating. One of many small channels to find contentment. i've found the scripture, that has the most examples of small channels to seek contentment through ones interpretation, to be the Holy Quran. imho, you're going in a very intellectual direction with your explorations.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    i would call it holistic science. Alot less harmful than social experiment, imo.
    Except for the whole going on crusades/blowing up buildings when people disagree. Hell, the worst that happens in empirical science when people disagree is scientists get in a hissy-fit and start making weak attempts at insults. Much more funny than genocide tends to be.

i interpret the reasoning behind praying before eating is to get more satisfaction out of eating. One of many small channels to find contentment. i've found the scripture, that has the most examples of small channels to seek contentment through ones interpretation, to be the Holy Quran. imho, you're going in a very intellectual direction with your explorations.
    Are you getting more satisfaction because of the prayer, or because of the connection felt among the billions who pray before their meal? Perhaps it's because of the family ritual - it's well recorded that ritual leads to psychological satisfaction.

What's wrong with an intellectual direction in this case?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Except for the whole going on crusades/blowing up buildings when people disagree. Hell, the worst that happens in empirical science when people disagree is scientists get in a hissy-fit and start making weak attempts at insults. Much more funny than genocide tends to be.

Are you getting more satisfaction because of the prayer, or because of the connection felt among the billions who pray before their meal? Perhaps it's because of the family ritual - it's well recorded that ritual leads to psychological satisfaction.

lol I'm being quite literal when I say it changes the molecular structure of the water in the food after prayer. I don't do it religiously though, I often forget to pray because I'm too hungry in the first place and have to just scarf it down, I just hope the person who cooked it was feeling good though. I most often do it when I drink water, it reminds me.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    lol I'm being quite literal when I say it changes the molecular structure of the water in the food after prayer. I don't do it religiously though, I often forget to pray because I'm too hungry in the first place and have to just scarf it down, I just hope the person who cooked it was feeling good though. I most often do it when I drink water, it reminds me.
    Well, I guess the Catholic Church proves it's the one true church, since it's the only one that allows for transubstantiation.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    It's fine to have other ideas.

What is not fine is to say that all ideas have the same merit, backing, and support. There is differing quality among theories, and you don't seem to be making much of a distinction.

Again, every theory should be tested on its own merits. The issue is that you seem to give the same weight to all theories (well, at least yours) regardless of evidence. It seems more like you're defending yourself rather than trying to present a case for your theory at this point, so I won't trouble you any longer on the matter.
    lol it's fine to have other ideas but you still can't admit it's not a fact? How many times should I ask you this? IS EVOLUTION A FACT? IS EVOLUTION A FACT? IS EVOLUTION A FACT? You are sooo avoiding many things I say and ask.

Yes or No? I don't want a whole essay that tries to convince me that evolution is plausible. JEESH! It's a reccurring theme!

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

lol it's fine to have other ideas but you still can't admit it's not a fact? How many times should I ask you this? IS EVOLUTION A FACT? IS EVOLUTION A FACT? IS EVOLUTION A FACT? You are sooo avoiding many things I say and ask.

Yes or No? I don't want a whole essay that tries to convince me that evolution is plausible. JEESH! It's a reccurring theme!
    Is gravity a fact?

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Going on crusades/blowing up buildings when people disagree/genocide is social experiment not holistic science.

i don't pray as a ritual, lol. That would be like i was brainwashed or something. It's not even like i pray to respect whatever entity left the food on the planet with us. i don't even really prey, i give thanks to the very logic that left the food here along with us.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Going on crusades/blowing up buildings when people disagree/genocide is social experiment not holistic science.

i don't pray as a ritual, lol. That would be like i was brainwashed or something. It's not even like i pray to respect whatever entity left the food on the planet with us. i don't even really prey, i give thanks to the very logic that left the food here along with us.
    How is it not part of the holistic science? Particularly in the evangelical religions?

Then why pray at all - isn't acknowledging those processes enough?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Is gravity a fact?

No.

You still didn't answer my question, you can't answer a question with a question, if you want to get irrational I can slap you silly.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

No.
    Really? There's a lot of damn good evidence for it, such as when I jump off of a building.