User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 176

  1. #21
    HAHHAHHAH! INTJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP
    Posts
    777

    Default

    "Seek and you shall find," it has been said. If people in Stage III seek truth deeply and widely enough, they find what they are looking for--enough pieces to begin to be able to fit them together, but never enough to complete the whole puzzle. In fact, the more pieces they find, the larger and more magnificent the puzzle becomes. Yet they are able to get glimpses of the "big picture" and to see that it is very beautiful indeed--and that it strangely resembles those "primitive myths and superstitions" their Stage II parents or grandparents believe in. At that point they begin their conversion to Stage IV, which is the mystic communal stage of spiritual development.

    BTW there is nothing wrong with "the secret" the mystics and scientists have arrived to many of the same conclusions, which is not a suprise considering they are at similar stages of spiritual development.

  2. #22
    HAHHAHHAH! INTJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Perhaps, predictably, there exists a sense of threat among people in the different stages of religious development. Mostly we are threatened by people in the stages above us. Although they often adopt the pretense of being "cool cats" who have it "all together," underneath their exteriors Stage I people are threatened by just about everything and everyone. Stage II people are not threatened by Stage I people, the "sinners." They are commanded to love sinners, but they are very threatened by the individualists and skeptics of Stage III, and even more by the mystics of Stage IV, who seem to believe in the same sorts of things they do but believe in them with a freedom they find absolutely terrifying. Stage III people, on the other hand, are neither threatened by Stage I people nor by Stage II people (whom they simply regard as superstitious), but are cowed by Stage IV people, who seem to be scientific minded like themselves and know how to write good footnotes, yet somehow still believe in this crazy God business.

    I hope you intps arn't mistaking me for a stage 2 superstitious dogmatic religion freak. No it couldn't be, it wouldn't bother you so much.

  3. #23
    HAHHAHHAH! INTJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    I am staying mute on this topic. However I must say, good show, your trolling is strong and with a distinct Te style to it. But a word of wisdom, watch your ass, my Ne trolling will DESTROY your feeble Te!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community.

    Example. This response was irrelevant to the topic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    [YOUTUBE="q_5pzLvvt3Y"]Oh my god WoW Nerd[/YOUTUBE]
    My posts might seem controversial but only because it causes YOU to think outside your comfort zone, it does not apply to all viewers' perceptions.

    This isn't exactly about mbti but it is about the field of psychology.

    And as you have admitted, you are guilty of intentionally trolling.

  4. #24
    HAHHAHHAH! INTJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alwar View Post
    Where are you getting this info about Lucy? Mixed bones from different era's doesn't discount Darwinian evolution, and they could easily radiocarbon date them or use one or all of the other many dating methods.

    Speaking of theories, gravity is also a scientific theory. You are confusing the term with hypothesis. Evolution says nothing of "monkey" men and since it's inception, evolution has done nothing but become more validated as new evidence and methods of analysis have come about. DNA sequencing being a major one.

    I agree in part that academia has elements of fundamentalism that some call "religion." Namely, the social sciences. Some people call it the "New Priesthood." Biology is not of this ilk.

    As for the Bible, it is modified (by Roman elites) Christian folklore from the middle-east. You'll find useful tidbits of wisdom in it as you would any folklore such as the Sutra's, Poetic Edda, or the story of Robin Hood.
    You do not explain HOW DNA sequencing supports your darwinian theories.
    If anything DNA sequencing proves intelligent design. It showed us that our junk DNA is not junk afterall. And There is a fusion in our DNA that is not possible to occur naturally.

    Evolution News & Views: Intelligent Design and the Death of the "Junk-DNA" Neo-Darwinian Paradigm

    "It seems beyond dispute that the Neo-Darwinian paradigm led to a false presumption that non-coding DNA lacks function, and that this presumption has resulted in real-world negative consequences for molecular biology and even for medicine. Moreover, it can no longer seriously be maintained that intelligent design is a science stopper: under an intelligent design approach to investigating non-coding DNA, the false presumptions of Neo-Darwinism might have been avoided."

  5. #25
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    Stages of Spiritual Growth - M. Scott Peck, M.D.

    Most of you are stuck in stage 3, you can't see past logic, it takes a real life changing event, or some divine experience to surpass logic.
    Or, alternatively, people have also contemplated the subject at great lengths, have seen past logic, and still have arrived at a conclusion that's different than yours. There's that.

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    BTW there is nothing wrong with "the secret" the mystics and scientists have arrived to many of the same conclusions, which is not a suprise considering they are at similar stages of spiritual development.
    No, they have not. Many scientists debunk the claims made in The Secret.

    Overall, I find some of what you've shared to be interesting, such as the concept of stages of spiritual growth. What I don't like this idea that everyone who shares your opinion is enlightened, and those who do not are threatened by you because you are shattering their worldview, which, of course, sits at a stage lower than your own. You've kind of put a nice spin on the whole "NT elitism" thing.

  6. #26
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Yeah, but I have trouble imagining that it makes the food healthier. Unless I'm missing something here.
    Not true, if I pray over a can of Dr. Pepper for a few minutes, it turns into Diet Dr. Pepper. And with my food, I pray all the cholesterol straight to Hell.

  7. #27
    HAHHAHHAH! INTJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Or, alternatively, people have also contemplated the subject at great lengths, have seen past logic, and still have arrived at a conclusion that's different than yours. There's that.



    No, they have not. Many scientists debunk the claims made in The Secret.

    Overall, I find some of what you've shared to be interesting, such as the concept of stages of spiritual growth. What I don't like this idea that everyone who shares your opinion is enlightened, and those who do not are threatened by you because you are shattering their worldview, which, of course, sits at a stage lower than your own. You've kind of put a nice spin on the whole "NT elitism" thing.

    You are wrong, I view most NT's as stuck on stage 3. I find the NF to be more in tune with spirituality and I find it more likely for the NF to be at stage 4 of spirituality. Would you call that NT elitism?

  8. #28
    THIS bitch stringstheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    1
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Why is this assuming that a person need God(s) to be spiritual?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)



  9. #29
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    You are wrong, I view most NT's as stuck on stage 3. I find the NF to be more in tune with spirituality and I find it more likely for the NF to be at stage 4 of spirituality. Would you call that NT elitism?
    You're an NT and an elitist. With those presumptions in mind, I'm not wrong.

  10. #30
    HAHHAHHAH! INTJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stringstheory View Post
    Why is this assuming that a person need God(s) to be spiritual?
    This is a prime example of stage 4 spirituality, god is not interpreted as a literal physical being with attributes, and you realize that it's not necessary to be spiritual.

Similar Threads

  1. Sensing/iNtuiting Game: Perceiving Differences
    By rivercrow in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 179
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 05:30 PM
  2. Bible Toys Invade Wal-Mart
    By Totenkindly in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 12:53 AM
  3. RIAA and investigatory processes
    By rivercrow in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 04:55 PM
  4. Intuitive memory...
    By The Ü™ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 08:43 PM
  5. Do Sensors read faster than iNtuitives?
    By Dufresne in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 03:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO