User Tag List

First 8161718

Results 171 to 176 of 176

  1. #171
    Senior Member Valuable_Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    You misunderstand me, I was contesting the idea that he's a troll. 1)I think he's just ignorant, and not capable of this high-level trolling. And suppose that he is a troll... 2)why come here?
    1) This isnt "high-level trolling" you all just happen to be easy targets.(also noticed some circular logic Hes just ignoarant and not a troll. Why? because hes to ignorant to be a troll therefore he must be ignorant and nto a troll)

    2)see point 1

    3)Youve just confirmed everything I said:


    "Really this just proves my point that he would of posted it in philosophy if he wanted real discussion, althought from a trolling perspective it is pretty ingeniuse. People have a tendancy to just accept negative facts about things or people they dont like. People think "creationists are idiots" so when they see this guy posting this stuff people dont even question it. In most other contexts he would of been recognized as a troll but remember hes a creationist and this forum is full of atheists so hes obviously an idiot just like an atheist in a forum full of creationists would be an idiot. INfact hes such an idiot he didnt even think to post this in the appropriate forum
    Philosophy and Spirituality - Typology Central"
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

  2. #172
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Mmm I doubt it's just an american thing. Debates like this happen all the time in the UK student forums that I browse, it's just that creationists tend to get shot down instantly by the amount of people arguing against it. That most christians just tend to accept that evolution is most likely true rather than go against these ideas.

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    "Really this just proves my point that he would of posted it in philosophy if he wanted real discussion, althought from a trolling perspective it is pretty ingeniuse. People have a tendancy to just accept negative facts about things or people they dont like. People think "creationists are idiots" so when they see this guy posting this stuff people dont even question it. In most other contexts he would of been recognized as a troll but remember hes a creationist and this forum is full of atheists so hes obviously an idiot just like an atheist in a forum full of creationists would be an idiot. INfact hes such an idiot he didnt even think to post this in the appropriate forum
    Philosophy and Spirituality - Typology Central"
    Well... His purpose was to generate interest and to spread his idea so in that sense coming to the NT forums would be a much more better idea than going to the philosophy subforum which is honestly dead in comparison. If someone is genuine in spreading their ideas, I don't see how that makes them a troll since that implies his intention was to wind us up rather than spread his ideas. Discussion and curiosity has been generated. Putting his ideas down in a forum that would clash him against him so strongly only served his purpose.

  3. #173
    (☞゚∀゚)☞ The Decline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    780

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    1) This isnt "high-level trolling" you all just happen to be easy targets.(also noticed some circular logic Hes just ignoarant and not a troll. Why? because hes to ignorant to be a troll therefore he must be ignorant and nto a troll)

    2)see point 1

    3)Youve just confirmed everything I said:


    "Really this just proves my point that he would of posted it in philosophy if he wanted real discussion, althought from a trolling perspective it is pretty ingeniuse. People have a tendancy to just accept negative facts about things or people they dont like. People think "creationists are idiots" so when they see this guy posting this stuff people dont even question it. In most other contexts he would of been recognized as a troll but remember hes a creationist and this forum is full of atheists so hes obviously an idiot just like an atheist in a forum full of creationists would be an idiot. INfact hes such an idiot he didnt even think to post this in the appropriate forum
    Philosophy and Spirituality - Typology Central"
    When one does not confess to being a troll, it's impossible to know whether or not they're really a believer of their arguments or a troll. If you read through his posts in other threads, you'll get the sense that he's not a hit-and-run troll, and that his opinions spread elsewhere, revealing that he's a believer. He's quick to anger, which reveals defensiveness, whereas good trolls tend to act like they're transparent to attacks, so that people get more frustrated.

    Okay, so he could be a troll, but I'll look forward to a more convincing argument before conceding. At any rate, I'm sure we can all agree that this is a bad thread and that we should bomb it out of existence.
    (btw your posts are tough to read from a grammar-nazi perspective... no offense)
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will
    Posts
    5,927

    Default

    I think a lot of Christian fundamentalists don't use enough intuition when reading the Bible since they take everything like the creation story so literally though I guess you can't really expect any better since most of them were marked from birth as SJs.




  5. #175
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    ^



    As tempting as it is to blame one Keirsey temperament group for idiocy, I am coworkers with an INFJ, INFP and ENFJ who enjoy spending their time discussing demonology, why everyone on Earth must have a single, heterosexual destined life companion, and how God advises them on which breakfast cereal to eat.

    They don't even bother taking the Bible as literal truth, they just jump straight into the crazy. To quote Tom Petty: I can't decide which is worse.

  6. #176
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    ^



    As tempting as it is to blame one Keirsey temperament group for idiocy, I am coworkers with an INFJ, INFP and ENFJ who enjoy spending their time discussing demonology, why everyone on Earth must have a single, heterosexual destined life companion, and how God advises them on which breakfast cereal to eat.

    They don't even bother taking the Bible as literal truth, they just jump straight into the crazy. To quote Tom Petty: I can't decide which is worse.
    Yeah, extremism is not confined to a particular type of temperament. I've been bitten badly by a few NFs who ended up being nastier than their SJ counterparts, in regards to religious judgmentalism.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Similar Threads

  1. Sensing/iNtuiting Game: Perceiving Differences
    By rivercrow in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 179
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 05:30 PM
  2. Bible Toys Invade Wal-Mart
    By Totenkindly in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 12:53 AM
  3. RIAA and investigatory processes
    By rivercrow in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 04:55 PM
  4. Intuitive memory...
    By The Ü™ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 08:43 PM
  5. Do Sensors read faster than iNtuitives?
    By Dufresne in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-26-2007, 03:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO