User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    Good question, it's just my opinion that it's better, but looking at my experiment, I would rather eat the food that has recieved positive energy, rather than the negative. My body get's it's energy from these chemicals so I'd rather have what I percieve as better quality chemicals, and if it's so easy as to say some nice things to change bad quality to good quality(at least to some degree, it's not water to wine here) then I'll do it.
    I agree with you. There's nothing wrong with praying before a meal since it makes you enjoy it more. All I was saying is that the mechanisms behind it are rooted in biology and are the same reason chefs dress food up to make it look more appealing, or waiters wear tuxedos at 5 star restaurants. Whether you believe God created that mechanism or not is up to personal belief.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

YouTube - Dr. Michio Kaku: SCI FI or SCI FACT, Part 1

YouTube - The Divine Matrix: Gregg Braden Pt.1

Stephen Hawking called it "mind of God" lol

And I love what he says about the big bang.

"ok we don't know, but we think it was really really really hot!"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Flirtatious needling moved here:

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Good question, it's just my opinion that it's better, but looking at my experiment, I would rather eat the food that has recieved positive energy, rather than the negative. My body get's it's energy from these chemicals so I'd rather have what I percieve as better quality chemicals, and if it's so easy as to say some nice things to change bad quality to good quality(at least to some degree, it's not water to wine here) then I'll do it.
    How can you make an objective claim off of a completely subjective experience?

Re: your jars - where's your control in that experiment? Have you repeated it enough times to make a predictive claim and remove outliers?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    I agree with you. There's nothing wrong with praying before a meal since it makes you enjoy it more. All I was saying is that the mechanisms behind it are rooted in biology and are the same reason chefs dress food up to make it look more appealing, or waiters wear tuxedos at 5 star restaurants. Whether you believe God created that mechanism or not is up to personal belief.
    If that's how you want to interpret it....
    I wouldn't personally explain it exactly that way.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    lolz.... actually, it's more like shooting sluggish fish in tiny barrels with both barrels.
    (... and at this point it's become, "I'm not a troll, you are!" "No, YOU are!" "No, YOU...!" ad nauseum)

I don't know if I feel like transcribing it, but I've reading "The Devil in Dover" (by Lauri Lebo), an account of the 2005 Intelligent Design / Evolution case of national headlines (which happens to have been tried right here in Harrisburg, about 5 minutes from my apartment), and a whole page of the testimony concerning Michael Behe (ID proponent, Lehigh University) dealt exactly with the notion of what a "theory" versus a "hypothesis" is and what the implications of softening definitions are.

Dude, I don't answer you because you're not providing a coherent discussion of theory and science here; you can't even say the default color of this forum scheme is blue as a fact (how can you be sure?) by your definition .... but you can make a very strong case for it. Same with evolution.

The courts have already battled this out with their expert witnesses time and again, the most recent example being here, where the court is very clear about what was shown to be true in the proceedings.

Behe tried to redefine "theory" like you have, which makes it sound like more of a hypothesis. His proposed definition was "a proposed explanation which focuses or points to physical, observable data and logical inferences." In the court proceeding, Behe was forced to admit that, by using definition, even astrology could be considered a "theory" ... and the judged noted as much in his verdict.

The NAS definition of a "theory" is a "well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses."

Evolution is falsifiable, most of these ideas you bring up or not... but you would equate them as the same? It's nowhere close. There is no better falsifiable explanation for the development of life than evolution, at this current time... and even the ID proponents had to admit as much, and openly admitted in court that their creation science involved an essential faith to make the leap. Even if evolution isn't "it" down to every detail and has flaws, it explains a great deal coherent, has been tested, and is the best theory out there right now.

Another essay,when will you learn?

YES OR NO IS EVOLUTION A FACT?

YES OR NO IS ID A FACT? I can see you answering this and ignoring the evolution question, LOL!

Reply with ONE WORD. NO ESSAY! there is seriously something wrong with you.

I give up if you give me another essay, I can't have a real conversation with people who can't decide anything at all.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

YouTube - Graham Hancock - Supernatural Pt.2

Evolution doesn't explain how we had a radical change in technology and knowledge almost literally overnight.

And I sure can relate to him about being swarmed.

YouTube - Graham Hancock - Supernatural Pt.3
    about 2% spontaneously can do this...

DMT is very interesting, we abuse it everynight as we enter REM sleep.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Another essay,when will you learn?

YES OR NO IS EVOLUTION A FACT?

YES OR NO IS ID A FACT? I can see you answering this and ignoring the evolution question, LOL!

Reply with ONE WORD. NO ESSAY! there is seriously something wrong with you.

I give up if you give me another essay, I can't have a real conversation with people who can't decide anything at all.

Yes. <--forced procrustean lopping occuring, of course

(Unlike the junk you're posting in this thread. Practicing critical thinking skills and showing some actual knowledge on the topic on YOUR part would be extremely helpful right now. Maybe now that I've ante'ed you, you'd like to return the favor?)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

DMT is very interesting, we abuse it everynight as we enter REM sleep.
    This is not a provable fact.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    This is not a provable fact.
    Dimethyltryptamine certainly is one of the neurochemicals involved with dreaming. The characterization of its activity in the brain as "abuse", on the other hand, is a pretty far stretch. How can you abuse an endogenous chemical?