• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's, influencial devils!

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Everyone influences everyone else, ofcourse.

But I've noticed that NT's tend to be the most influencial type of the four, that is fairly easily capable of influencing others for long term and heavy subjects.

Why are we so effective at influencing people? Is it the subtlety of intuition combined with the lack of F, and with it a few less breaks and boundaries?

We seem to be little devils, all of us!

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
influencing people is not one of my strengths, how did you come to this conclusion?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because it seems to come natural to me. And I often have to hit the breaks as to not let things go out of hand. Positively influencing is fine, but when you're treading the manipulation line it starts to get fuzzy. :O

And I mean the people I know well, that is. And that know me well. Not random strangers on the streets or anything.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not particularly skilled at manipulating people. If I want them to do something, I'll usually go into inductive reasoning mode and just start dumping evidence and reasons for why they should do said thing. This doesn't work too often. :doh:

On the other hand, if I'm passionate about something, I tend to have an uncharacteristic streak of charisma. I'm much more successful at those rare occurrences.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mmm, so how is it that NFs get the 'manipulative' label? :alttongue:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Mmm, so how is it that NFs get the 'manipulative' label? :alttongue:

Because we stop at manipulation by inteference of T? :D

I'm not particularly skilled at manipulating people. If I want them to do something, I'll usually go into inductive reasoning mode and just start dumping evidence and reasons for why they should do said thing. This doesn't work too often. :doh:

On the other hand, if I'm passionate about something, I tend to have an uncharacteristic streak of charisma. I'm much more successful at those rare occurrences.

Yeah, I think charisma is pretty important, and ofcourse having a level of respect with the person you influence, ofcourse.

P

Phantonym

And I mean the people I know well, that is. And that know me well. Not random strangers on the streets or anything.

That's just it. It depends on the subject you think you can influence as well. Not only on intuition and lack of something. You have a connection with people you know well and who know you well. It's far more easier to influence/be influenced by somebody who knows exactly which buttons to push. It doesn't work that well with strangers. Well, it might work just fine but how do you know if it's really working

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, my most prominant subject... :devil:

Is my sister which is a very rebellious ESFJ, doesn't really listen to anyone, unless she relates to the advice based on her own gut instinct. But otherwise, she doesn't give in to anyone.

But whenever something is up, and she talks to me about it. She listens to me and act on whatever I tell her to, without question.

Now that she's older and wiser, and a little less hectic. She's much more capable of doing things on her own. But when she was younger, I was the only person she would listen to. And I could quite easily persuade and infuence her. Positively ofcourse. :p

P

Phantonym

So? She's your younger sister. You grew up together. I've used my younger brother as a string puppet (until the little devil hit puberty and wouldn't do things the way I wanted him to do them anymore). Positively, of course :devil:

Maybe it's more about intuition than the lack of T or F?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think intuition plays a big role. It's more subtle and less direct that sensing people in general.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I'm not sure if I know any NT types in real life, so I couldn't comment on whether you are indeed influencial creatures.

I know I'm not though lol I just don't have it in me to nudge, let alone push someone in the direction I want them to go. I suggest, and thus endeth the lesson.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sometimes, suggestion is all it takes. If the timing is right. :D

I distinct influencing people from manipulating people by means of honesty and dishonesty, by the way. Ajblaise just said it in the ENFJ thread, I suppose it doesn't hurt to stress out that difference here too.

That said though, even with best intentions, influencing people may not have the desired outcome all the time.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
On the large-scale, in certain areas, I think NT Rationals are indeed the most influential. It seems most of the idea people and power players in politics (not politicians) are Rationals. Same thing with science.

But in areas like music, fashion, and art, NTs probably aren't the most influential.

On a strictly personal level, I think the people with the most Ne and Fe skills will be the most influential.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
With people I know well I can reason them into doing alot of things they wouldn't normally. Largly because they trust my reasoning skills alot so listen to me whether hey fully understand what I'm saying or not.

In the words of my friend:
Friend: *Complains about how arrogent some people are*
Me: Hey well you hang about with me. You not used to arrogance yet?
Friend: Yeah but back it up with all this smart stuff that nobody can understand and you are clearly more Intelligent than most of us

People trust our logic because they can't understand it but its usually right.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
On the large-scale, in certain areas, I think NT Rationals are indeed the most influential. It seems most of the idea people and power players in politics (not politicians) are Rationals. Same thing with science.

But in areas like music, fashion, and art, NTs probably aren't the most influential.

On a strictly personal level, I think the people with the most Ne and Fe skills will be the most influential.

You'd be suprised, I'm willing to bet an NT invented the electric guitar, keyboards, samplers, ect. Fashion - sewing machines, Art - Air brushes, math in doing proportions blah blah. I'm not really certain on this but my intuition just tells me so.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everyone influences everyone else, ofcourse.

But I've noticed that NT's tend to be the most influencial type of the four, that is fairly easily capable of influencing others for long term and heavy subjects.

Really? Hadn't noticed. :coffee:

Seriously...please. NTs as a group are no more influential than any other temperament.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Who said that? Maybe you were trying to manipulate us for some attention...:)

Aww, how cute, an INTJ attempting to resist the charm of an ENFP and actually trying to second guess me. Honey, you don't stand a chance :devil:

In all seriousness, search the forums for the word 'manipulation' and the context in which it is used. I aint making this up ;)

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
Aww, how cute, an INTJ attempting to resist the charm of an ENFP and actually trying to second guess me. Honey, you don't stand a chance :devil:

In all seriousness, search the forums for the word 'manipulation' and the context in which it is used. I aint making this up ;)

I'll take your word for it, I was just kidding. Well maybe if I get bored I'll look.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think my influence comes from the fact that 90% of the time I have to care enough about that person to invest the necessary time to influence them, so they know it's in their best interest. No comment on the other 10%.