User Tag List

123 Last

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Default NT's, influencial devils!

Everyone influences everyone else, ofcourse.

But I've noticed that NT's tend to be the most influencial type of the four, that is fairly easily capable of influencing others for long term and heavy subjects.

Why are we so effective at influencing people? Is it the subtlety of intuition combined with the lack of F, and with it a few less breaks and boundaries?

We seem to be little devils, all of us!
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

influencing people is not one of my strengths, how did you come to this conclusion?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Because it seems to come natural to me. And I often have to hit the breaks as to not let things go out of hand. Positively influencing is fine, but when you're treading the manipulation line it starts to get fuzzy. :O

And I mean the people I know well, that is. And that know me well. Not random strangers on the streets or anything.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm not particularly skilled at manipulating people. If I want them to do something, I'll usually go into inductive reasoning mode and just start dumping evidence and reasons for why they should do said thing. This doesn't work too often.

On the other hand, if I'm passionate about something, I tend to have an uncharacteristic streak of charisma. I'm much more successful at those rare occurrences.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Mmm, so how is it that NFs get the 'manipulative' label?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Mmm, so how is it that NFs get the 'manipulative' label?
    Because we stop at manipulation by inteference of T?

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    I'm not particularly skilled at manipulating people. If I want them to do something, I'll usually go into inductive reasoning mode and just start dumping evidence and reasons for why they should do said thing. This doesn't work too often.

On the other hand, if I'm passionate about something, I tend to have an uncharacteristic streak of charisma. I'm much more successful at those rare occurrences.
    Yeah, I think charisma is pretty important, and ofcourse having a level of respect with the person you influence, ofcourse.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    And I mean the people I know well, that is. And that know me well. Not random strangers on the streets or anything.
    That's just it. It depends on the subject you think you can influence as well. Not only on intuition and lack of something. You have a connection with people you know well and who know you well. It's far more easier to influence/be influenced by somebody who knows exactly which buttons to push. It doesn't work that well with strangers. Well, it might work just fine but how do you know if it's really working

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Well, my most prominant subject...

Is my sister which is a very rebellious ESFJ, doesn't really listen to anyone, unless she relates to the advice based on her own gut instinct. But otherwise, she doesn't give in to anyone.

But whenever something is up, and she talks to me about it. She listens to me and act on whatever I tell her to, without question.

Now that she's older and wiser, and a little less hectic. She's much more capable of doing things on her own. But when she was younger, I was the only person she would listen to. And I could quite easily persuade and infuence her. Positively ofcourse. :P

Phantonym

So? She's your younger sister. You grew up together. I've used my younger brother as a string puppet (until the little devil hit puberty and wouldn't do things the way I wanted him to do them anymore). Positively, of course

Maybe it's more about intuition than the lack of T or F?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I think intuition plays a big role. It's more subtle and less direct that sensing people in general.