User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    You'd be suprised, I'm willing to bet an NT invented the electric guitar, keyboards, samplers, ect. Fashion - sewing machines, Art - Air brushes, math in doing proportions blah blah. I'm not really certain on this but my intuition just tells me so.
    Yeah, as far as technological innovation in those areas goes. But I'm talking about the actual fashion, paintings, songs etc. itself.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

True, we don't make good rolemodels, in general. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

amargith, NFs are manipulative. NTs are extortionists.
    get it?
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Only if they really put their evil minds to it

I'd say all types can influence in their own way though. In fact, cognitive principles teach that an animal gets chronical stress if it is unable to influence and control its environment for longer periods of time. And..well last I checked we were animals.

Who's the bigger influencer? Well that depends really on which part of life you consider more valuable as all methods/types have their pro's and cons, I'm sure.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I don't think that Influential necessarily means Manipulative. I've felt all my life that I've influenced people in an indirect manner to make very large changes in their lives. Over and over again I've seen my friendship with someone cause them to re-think things in their lives and make huge changes. These are not changes that I recommended to them, but they are a result, a decision, made on their part after many deep conversations that led them to an understanding of themselves that they didn't have before.

I know it sounds ridiculous and even self centered to think its about 'me' or that I've had this kind of effect, but it is true nonetheless. To the point that I often hear a voice in my head saying 'Well... another person you helped. When it is your turn to be helped?' It has become a kind of irony in my life.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Agreed, misty, that's why I put in 'evil minds'

But manipulation is still one way you can influence people, though it clearly isn't the best way to go about it. It's just one form of influencing.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP

I think people listen to the advice I give because a) I try to approach them in a way that I think won't put them on the defensive, b) I don't judge them, and c) they realize that I don't have an agenda.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I can be manipulative, but only when I have a purpose, or to extract information.

I find that I am very persuasive, without meaning to be, and very influential. I rather like it. Even if people don't like me, they tend to respect and listen to me.

Damn straight.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I think people listen to the advice I give because a) I try to approach them in a way that I think won't put them on the defensive, b) I don't judge them, and c) they realize that I don't have an agenda.
    +1
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    yeah...they respect me and most important, i more than just believe in whatever i am standing up for.