User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    infp

I'm not sure if I know any NT types in real life, so I couldn't comment on whether you are indeed influencial creatures.

I know I'm not though lol I just don't have it in me to nudge, let alone push someone in the direction I want them to go. I suggest, and thus endeth the lesson.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Sometimes, suggestion is all it takes. If the timing is right.

I distinct influencing people from manipulating people by means of honesty and dishonesty, by the way. Ajblaise just said it in the ENFJ thread, I suppose it doesn't hurt to stress out that difference here too.

That said though, even with best intentions, influencing people may not have the desired outcome all the time.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

On the large-scale, in certain areas, I think NT Rationals are indeed the most influential. It seems most of the idea people and power players in politics (not politicians) are Rationals. Same thing with science.

But in areas like music, fashion, and art, NTs probably aren't the most influential.

On a strictly personal level, I think the people with the most Ne and Fe skills will be the most influential.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

With people I know well I can reason them into doing alot of things they wouldn't normally. Largly because they trust my reasoning skills alot so listen to me whether hey fully understand what I'm saying or not.

In the words of my friend:
    Friend: *Complains about how arrogent some people are*
    Me: Hey well you hang about with me. You not used to arrogance yet?
    Friend: Yeah but back it up with all this smart stuff that nobody can understand and you are clearly more Intelligent than most of us

People trust our logic because they can't understand it but its usually right.
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    On the large-scale, in certain areas, I think NT Rationals are indeed the most influential. It seems most of the idea people and power players in politics (not politicians) are Rationals. Same thing with science.

But in areas like music, fashion, and art, NTs probably aren't the most influential.

On a strictly personal level, I think the people with the most Ne and Fe skills will be the most influential.
    You'd be suprised, I'm willing to bet an NT invented the electric guitar, keyboards, samplers, ect. Fashion - sewing machines, Art - Air brushes, math in doing proportions blah blah. I'm not really certain on this but my intuition just tells me so.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Everyone influences everyone else, ofcourse.

But I've noticed that NT's tend to be the most influencial type of the four, that is fairly easily capable of influencing others for long term and heavy subjects.
    Really? Hadn't noticed.

Seriously...please. NTs as a group are no more influential than any other temperament.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Mmm, so how is it that NFs get the 'manipulative' label?
    Who said that? Maybe you were trying to manipulate us for some attention...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ123 View Post
    Who said that? Maybe you were trying to manipulate us for some attention...
    Aww, how cute, an INTJ attempting to resist the charm of an ENFP and actually trying to second guess me. Honey, you don't stand a chance

In all seriousness, search the forums for the word 'manipulation' and the context in which it is used. I aint making this up
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Aww, how cute, an INTJ attempting to resist the charm of an ENFP and actually trying to second guess me. Honey, you don't stand a chance

In all seriousness, search the forums for the word 'manipulation' and the context in which it is used. I aint making this up
    I'll take your word for it, I was just kidding. Well maybe if I get bored I'll look.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think my influence comes from the fact that 90% of the time I have to care enough about that person to invest the necessary time to influence them, so they know it's in their best interest. No comment on the other 10%.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume