User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

Thread: Rant on INTPs

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDeath View Post
    Ah passive aggression. Nice. A much better direction to go than actual discussion.

Since you wont directly respond to my last post (well you did, passively), Ill address "todays rants" in relation to it.

Verbal nuances don't apply, this is text, in a forum, not verbal (unless you mean verbal as involving verbs), you can not hear the vocal subtleties of a passionate "no" versus a unemotional "no"; nor can you see the expression on my face when I make a statement. Either way, in what specific way am I "demonstrating a lack of verbal nuances in a social context?" How is it that I am and my friend is not "demonstrating a lack of verbal nuances in a social context" when he didn't understand the nuances or the meaning?

What mistakes am I blaming others for? You claimed I lacked context, I gave you the context.

How am I concerned with myself, this is about the meaning of a word, not about me. Whats so obvious that I'm not seeing?
    Dude just likes to get INTPs in a tizzy, from what I can tell. INTPs are definitely able to demonstrate and interpret nuance. Sometimes to the point of frustration to others.

I agree with your original assessment--in the context of the discussion, the person should have pressed further if he thought you seriously hated dogs. I can certainly tell the difference between dislike and outright hate. If you didn't say "hate," he shouldn't have represented your viewpoint as such.

Thank you, Tallulah, I'm glad to see that someone sees my point. I amazes me how we seldom misconstrue "like" to mean "love" but how easy it is to misconstrue an absence of like for dislike.

I think I finally figured out that he likes to get INTPs worked up on the last post with the smiley with the fingers in its ears.

MBTI
    INTP

1. Very, very fickle.
    2. Are stubborn when it comes to decisions/beliefs they don't want to part with (I do that a lot)
    3. So open-minded that they can't take the overload of ideas
    3. LAZY (Me)
    4. Thoughts are so abstract and internal that they find some to be hard to verbalize (me again)
    5. Find the negative easier than the positive
    6. Negative and cynical (me)

I observed myself today.
    "I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling

MBTI
    INTP

I definitely find the negative easier than the positive. Even though it really is irrational, it FEELS more rational to think negatively, b/c you fool yourself into thinking you're planning for every eventuality. It makes me act less, though, b/c I feel like I've already thought things out and there's no point in trying.

MBTI
    INTP

It's not irrational. One of our strongest skills is critical analysis which includes finding flaws. That will become all you see if that's all you choose to focus on, however.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDeath View Post

I think I finally figured out that he likes to get INTPs worked up on the last post with the smiley with the fingers in its ears.
    You got is all wrong, as usual.

I was just suggesting you to calm down, to go easy. Passive-aggressive tactics don't require laughters, I guessed you would figure it out.
    The moment after you were criticized, you used your fiercest Ego defence mechanisms. And so did Tallulah.

"We INTPs are the best.... blah blah blah... the best... blah blah blah... our nuances are so great no one is able to understand them... blah blah blah... the best... blah blah blah... we are so intelligent... blah blah blah...."

How old are you?

It's amazing how you INTPs can sometimes be so stubborn and arrogant. It's perplexing, frankly. Indeed, you lacked social nuance, context, and I'm sure 90% of mankind will agree with me, but you don't mind. You have such a high idea of your own ego you don't want to realize how flawed you are.

I wanted to help you, you know. There was something rather obvious I tried to show you. I gained nothing in the process, it was pure benevolence.
    But you took it as a personal offense!!!

Amazing!
    Next time, I'll let you ramble on your own delirium.
    If you can't accept foreign ideas, what others try to tell you, how can you improve?
    Is it logical to force the world to embrace your own system, rather than trying to adapt to how the world really is?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post

"We INTPs are the best.... blah blah blah... the best... blah blah blah... our nuances are so great no one is able to understand them... blah blah blah... the best... blah blah blah... we are so intelligent... blah blah blah...."
    There's something VERY ironic about this coming from you, Blackmail.

I wanted to help you, you know. There was something rather obvious I tried to show you. I gained nothing in the process, it was pure benevolence.
    Trying to remember when anyone asked for this "help." Hmmm. Nope, nothing.

Promises, promises.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    There's something VERY ironic about this coming from you, Blackmail.
    I never pretended my inner nuances were superior to anybody's.
    The fact is, I never pretended to be superior to anybody, in any context.

But you interpreted it that way... soooo predictable.
    Your scale is not my scale, you know!

Don't make projection.

Laughter is the secret to every fears!
    Lalalalaaaa Lalalalaaaa Lalalalaaaa Aaaah!
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    Pfft

I never pretended my inner nuances were superior to anybody's.
    ->

The fact is, I never pretended to be superior to anybody, in any context.
    ->

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Rhu View Post

7w8 SCUxI