User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 231

Thread: Rant on INTPs

  1. #91
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    This conclusion is not logical. If you assume that people are evil and stupid by their nature then good cannot come from the inside. Making this assumption it is only logical to conclude that good must come from outside of man.
    I am saying that people tend to be evil and stupid because their nature is to be externally focused. This would change if they turned inwards more. Here is my theory of evil in a nutshell: we cant find inner peace so we impose our presence on the external world, demanding that it appeases our whims. When we dont get out way we force the external world to conform to our whims without knowing exactly what we want. We dont know what we want because we dont know what we need in order for our inner being to be satisfied. And the reason why we dont know what our inner being needs in order to be satisfied is because we are not internally focused enough.

    Socrates once said that ethics, in condensed form, is no more than the expansion of the 'know thyself' maxim. So, if you truly understand yourself and know all that you can be, you'll come to terms with your nature and therefore will be devoid of inner conflict. Then you will necessarily be good. So, this is more akin to saying that man is actually good by nature if he really is in tune with his nature. The more out of tune he is, the more evil he will be, as the greater the dissonance, the more negative energy he will exude onto the outer world.


    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I think you are saying that the planter is more important than the harvester. I would say they are both equally important.

    From an extroverted perspective, yes, seems like you're thinking that important is tantamount to what benefits society. Ok, in that case, I agree that they are both important, but what good could implementors be if noone came up with ideas to be implemented to begin with? Spinoza and Milton may have influenced millions indirectly, through authorship and second hand authorship. They changed many lives because people have understood their ideas and incorporated them into their lifestyles. Implementors, at best could provide you with an external environment where it would be easier for you to access and implement those ideas. Indeed, the men of ideas are more instrumental at pushing the human race forward than men of affairs.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  2. #92
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    We are simply going back and forth saying the same thing in different ways. Whether you say it in several paragraphs or in two sentences you are essentially saying, "INP's are not arrogant. We are simply better than everyone else." :rolli:
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  3. #93
    Senior Member Recluse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INXP
    Posts
    213

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    We are simply going back and forth saying the same thing in different ways. Whether you say it in several paragraphs or in two sentences you are essentially saying, "INP's are not arrogant. We are simply better than everyone else." :rolli:
    And your point is . . . ?

    The world would be a much better place if everyone were an INTP. Nothing would get done, but nobody would care.

    Imagine: No more wars. Granted, plenty of concepts and inventions that could be used for devious purposes. But nobody who would be inclined to put them to use. Peace, peace at last! How can you possibly argue with the logic of that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I didn't say that I didn't say it. I said that I didn't say that I said it. I want to make that very clear.

  4. #94
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Obligations are such nuicances. Do any types not avoid or postpone obligatory tasks? My favorite method of avoidance is automation. Hooray for automation I want all my obligations to be automatically met, with no effort or attention from me.
    The SJ type is the most likely to meet their responsibilities in a timely manner.
    They tend to love responsibility.
    They are usually the stalwarts of society.

  5. #95
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    ...this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists.
    This part of the INTP description made me think of Henry Higgins in My Fair Lady.
    I was wondering what his type was.
    INTP would fit him quite well.

  6. #96
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    We are simply going back and forth saying the same thing in different ways. Whether you say it in several paragraphs or in two sentences you are essentially saying, "INP's are not arrogant. We are simply better than everyone else." :rolli:
    Hmm..
    Is that what he's saying?
    Then I definitely disagree.

    The INTPs I know are manipulative sociopaths.
    and the INFPs deny truth and live in a world of lies and denial.
    Last edited by INTJMom; 09-29-2007 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Change comment.

  7. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Hmm..
    Is that what he's saying?
    Then I definitely disagree.
    INTPs are the most likely type to be serial killers,
    and INFPs deny truth and live in a world of lies and deceit.
    (The ones I've studied anyway.)
    I don't think BlueWing ought to be used as a representative for what INTPs are like or believe.

    I would really like to understand where this visceral dislike of INPs in general comes from. Is it just a rebuttal to BlueWing's comments or something deeper? Please be honest.

    Since you have been on this forum for a short time and have already made the "INTPs are the most likely type to be serial killers" comment as well as the "INFPs deny truth and live in a world of lies and deceit" and make it fairly easy to infer a great many are like that with the comment "The ones I've studied anyway", I consider you a great candidate to ask:

    What makes you say that? I would genuinely like to know. Although it hurts, it confuses me even more.

    Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

  8. #98
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post

    I would really like to understand where this visceral dislike of INPs in general comes from. Is it just a rebuttal to BlueWing's comments or something deeper? Please be honest.


    .
    Why does it matter?

    They dont support their arguments with sound reasoning, they obviously know not what they do or what they say.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

  9. #99
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,350

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I don't think BlueWing ought to be used as a representative for what INTPs are like or believe.

    I would really like to understand where this visceral dislike of INPs in general comes from. Is it just a rebuttal to BlueWing's comments or something deeper? Please be honest.

    Since you have been on this forum for a short time and have already made the "INTPs are the most likely type to be serial killers" comment as well as the "INFPs deny truth and live in a world of lies and deceit" and make it fairly easy to infer a great many are like that with the comment "The ones I've studied anyway", I consider you a great candidate to ask:

    What makes you say that? I would genuinely like to know. Although it hurts, it confuses me even more.
    I'm terribly sorry to have hurt your feelings.
    Obviously, my comment was not aimed at you personally.
    Surely you have seen all the bad things people say about INTJs, as well.

    What made me say that is because someone was trying to say that INTPs are the best humans available on the planet,
    and I disagree based on my own personal experience.
    The INTPs I know are manipulative sociopaths.
    The ones I have met here since yesterday are rude.
    I hardly think that a type so easily given to those behaviors could be rated across the board as the best type of human being there is -
    I know that's not an exact quote.
    He said: "INPs are more likely to know what is really good".
    Well, okay, they may know it, but you can't prove to me that they act it out.

    My visceral dislike of INTPs is that I hate being manipulated.

    INFPs are fine people, but not when they lie and are dishonest with themselves and everyone around them because they don't want to be honest.
    I don't understand why people would rather live a lie.

    Since everyone here is sharing their points of view and opinions,
    I figured I was entitled to mine as well.
    I guess I'm running a little low on estrogen today.

  10. #100
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I'm terribly sorry to have hurt your feelings.
    Obviously, my comment was not aimed at you personally.
    Surely you have seen all the bad things people say about INTJs, as well.

    What made me say that is because someone was trying to say that INTPs are the best humans available on the planet,
    and I disagree based on my own personal experience.
    The INTPs I know are manipulative sociopaths.
    The ones I have met here since yesterday are rude.
    I hardly think that a type so easily given to those behaviors could be rated across the board as the best type of human being there is -
    I know that's not an exact quote.
    He said: "INPs are more likely to know what is really good".
    Well, okay, they may know it, but you can't prove to me that they act it out.

    My visceral dislike of INTPs is that I hate being manipulated.

    INFPs are fine people, but not when they lie and are dishonest with themselves and everyone around them because they don't want to be honest.
    I don't understand why people would rather live a lie.

    Since everyone here is sharing their points of view and opinions,
    I figured I was entitled to mine as well.
    I guess I'm running a little low on estrogen today.

    INTPs tend not to be manipulative, you must have had an inadequate sample. Either not large enough, or INTPs who are not representative of the archetypal quiddity of this temperament. Dominant Ti with a big picture view (Ne), should make you value honesty a great deal.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Rant on ENTPs
    By Blackwater in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 10:20 AM
  2. [ENTJ] Rant on ENTJs
    By Maverick in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 02:50 PM
  3. [MBTItm] short rant on NFs
    By sakuraba in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 227
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 10:38 PM
  4. A short rant on chivalry
    By Sniffles in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 09:37 PM
  5. [INTJ] Rant on INTJs
    By Usehername in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 04:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO