• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Why does so many people fail to get rich?

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Find yourself an ESTP to work for it with. Seriously, they're absolutely AMAZING at keeping going past all the odds. If you thought ENTJ's were driven, you haven't worked with an ESTP with a plan he believes in!

I showed up here at the right time.

Ahhhhhhhh.....thank you for recognizing this. As the wise and good Substitute says, ESTPs are impossible to dissuade once they are commited to a cause. When we are bored we commit to silly things, but when properly motivated we will stop at nothing to accomplish our objective.

Some of the happiest moments of my life have been working toward a cause I believed in. Then I win, I relish the moment, and a new cause must be found. Ahhhhhh...blessed life!!! :D

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Just be creative and find a way to financially exploit what you're best at.
Just assume that there is a way, then find it.
Don't judge demand based on what you see in the classified job ads.

What happens when being creative is not what you're particularly good at?

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Where there is a will, there ia a way!

What are you good at that you dont think has value?

What if I'm really good at assembling a front end on an automobile, and a robot comes along that does my job for 90% less cost?

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
What if I'm really good at assembling a front end on an automobile, and a robot comes along that does my job for 90% less cost?

That's a job, not skills or talent. And I doubt it is where your passions lie!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Money isn't everything for people. I'd say people either...

1. Don't really care
2. Don't know how (due to not caring or otherwise not)

Yeah. I don't care.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
That's a job, not skills or talent. And I doubt it is where your passions lie!

Why not? If the skills that go into assembling a front end are what I excel at, what happens when those skills are no longer in demand?

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Why not? If the skills that go into assembling a front end are what I excel at, what happens when those skills are no longer in demand?
Although it is not unheard of for someone to lose a job as a skilled worker and be unable to find other work, I imagine the kind of skills it takes to assemble the front end of a car would be applicable in many other jobs.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Explain

If capitalism favor self interest and equal opportunity for all, why does so many people fail to get rich?
Space has no edge.
It is only finite.
Why?

Point is counter point.

Welfare is not an add.
Profit is not an add either.

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

The automotive part is just something you learned. You can apply your skills to other industries. If you ENJOY doing the type of work you do, you could do the same sort of thing with medical equipment, Oil/gas/green power/Energy equipment, aerospace etc.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know about you all, but the two-sided sword of personal ethics and lack of motivation keep me from snatching my own mountain of gold.

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
Although it is not unheard of for someone to lose a job as a skilled worker and be unable to find other work, I imagine the kind of skills it takes to assemble the front end of a car would be applicable in many other jobs.

Well, if your particular sort of skilled labor has been replaced by mechanization at your previous job, it's likely that this can happen elsewhere. Oh, and the replacement job is across the country, you have no resources to get there, and your wife just got put in the hospital for breast cancer.

Bad luck happens. Capitalism takes the unfortunate man, looks at him, and scoffs with disdain.

The automotive part is just something you learned. You can apply your skills to other industries. If you ENJOY doing the type of work you do, you could do the same sort of thing with medical equipment, Oil/gas/green power/Energy equipment, aerospace etc.

It's not so easy to learn the particulars of a manufacturing job at 50 as it is at 20, and you demand more pay - you have to feed a family, you know. Why is a company going to hire you when the labor pool is that much bigger, given all these permanent job losses?

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
It depends on what you mean by "rich". If you mean having 10s of millions of dollars in wealth plus owning mansions and a Ferrari ... well that's almost like buying a lottery. You'll never get that kind of money unless you're born into it, are extremely lucky, or extremely gifted and still pretty lucky as well. Don't lose sleep over it.

But if by rich, you mean "affluent"? I think money management is a big part of that. A lot of folks overbuy cars and houses, and spend money on stuff they don't need. And they don't know much about investments. So many middle class people are stuck paying off credit card bills for stuff they bought years ago and could have waited for. People who become wealthy buy stocks, bonds, real estate, and get their capital working for them to generate interest. SJs tend to be the best at this. I've found NFPs to be the worst.

The concepts aren't difficult. Even a SFP like myself can learn money mangement. Just another skill, eh. :happy:

Last edited:

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
^rich meaning you don't have to work for your own food. I think I aleady defined this earlier.