half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I wrote some silly introspective stuff that I then deleted.

No, I really need a vacation. I don't think of my own life as interesting enough without a holiday.

So, I must have one

Apart from that, I'm interested of this as a larger social phenomenon, perhaps something that only pertains to certain kinds of social groups.
    I know. I was saying something equally as silly in order for you to realize how you sound. I don't really understand self doubt, and I don't think you do, either - which is good. I get all emo sounding when burnt out, too, but I just sound it. Take your vacation and refresh. Then get back to normal.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7?

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I'd replace the word "insane" with "idiosyncratic". And I think NTs are a fairly idiosyncratic bunch, except for ENTJs (the SJs of the NTs).

Ti, Te, Ni, and Ne can take one to all sorts of weird places.
    Hey!:steam:

We're just idiosyncratic in a different way. Which I suppose is the point.

There's also something to be said for moving the system to fit your needs instead of either swinging from the bars or imagining it differently. It's practical, but it's in no way ignoring the greater structure.

Calmness and the ability to continue functioning in extreme and random situations is sometimes a sign of insanity, and that's what I specialize in.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Well, those are the things that I remember about a person.
    I think your problem is that you are seeking out the attention of an audience that doesn't suit you. Or maybe you are suffering from low self esteem.
    This.

And are you sure you're not just bored and projecting this? Bored people have a knack for being boring.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

You can't be in everybody's Monkeysphere.

What is the Monkeysphere? | Cracked.com

(This is actually pretty legit, not an off topic answer. Check it out, it makes sense)

You need to determine which 'sphere's' you want to be in and cultivate those spheres. It may take some prioritizing, especially if you have a large family or want to have lots of strong social networking/career networking ties.

It sounds like you are trying to not make waves at your job to meet your future needs, and by doing so, you feel like no one will actually remember who you are, which could be detrimental to your overall goal. So on one hand you're building, and with the other you may be self-destructing all that work. Am I getting the jist or am I way off?
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

If being logical is so rare, why would being logical cause you to be unmemorable? I don't get it.

-I don't find the most people memorable at all, even if they are enjoyable.
    Honestly this is the one characteristic which really jumped out at me as affecting your memorable-ness. Social relationships are all about reciprocation. People like being appreciated, remembered, thought of as someone- if you go out of your way to show that to someone, they will start paying attention to you.

Lots and lots of people have interesting characteristics- but it all remains in theory, detached- you might as well read about them in a book. What is unique is the interactions you have with them.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    It sounds like you are trying to not make waves at your job to meet your future needs, and by doing so, you feel like no one will actually remember who you are, which could be detrimental to your overall goal. So on one hand you're building, and with the other you may be self-destructing all that work. Am I getting the jist or am I way off?
    No, it is just like that. I was trying to hint something like that, but I hadn't figured it out yet. My workplace attitude is spilling over to my private life as well. I can't help to have it influence me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Social relationships are all about reciprocation. People like being appreciated, remembered, thought of as someone- if you go out of your way to show that to someone, they will start paying attention to you.
    True. This is what I thought of my social life. Yeah, plenty of good friends, but still too much distance with people I could potentially like.

I've tried to approach many people carefree, not afraid of rejection or any kind of insecurities. I've usually asked them to join some of my folks a few times for good fun, and if they haven't been interested, I've then forgotten them for the rest of our lives. I've taken as if it's very easy to accept invitations, and I've straightforward, direct and fast to accept non-interest.

I haven't been practical. In reality, people have their lives filled with work, studies, hobbies and friends, and their time is valuable - not something to be tossed away at every chance. I should have taken their time as valuable, and learned to know them better in those situations we had, before inviting them elsewhere.

For example, people might usually go to a new workplace for several months before it's usual to get invited for a beer with the workmates.

Being too open, quick to invite, quick to accept "disinterest" (when there was none) spells trouble. I think that's my key problem. I've acted disinterested towards them after I have read disinterest from them.

I have been too open, quick to act for my own good. People need to get to know another person slowly.

I've trusted in my tendency (ability, if you will) to make snap decisions about a person to be able act with them faster, but it hasn't been useful, if I've seemed over-eager (which I am not) or something similar.

Hmm. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

What do you define as being memorable?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Someone whom you would talk about.
    Someone you'd invite for a trip, beer night, hockey match or something like that.
    Someone who's personality you would think about.
    Someone who you'd thought of as a person, not just nobody.
    Someone who's absense you would note without having to check it out from a spreadsheet.
    Someone who's wishes you might want to consider.
    Someone you would plot against

The monkeysphere article was interesting. It opened up the idea that the world is an adventure, things are not under control. Exhilarating!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Someone whom you would talk about.
    Someone you'd invite for a trip, beer night, hockey match or something like that.
    Someone who's personality you would think about.
    Someone who you'd thought of as a person, not just nobody.
    Someone who's absense you would note without having to check it out from a spreadsheet.
    Someone who's wishes you might want to consider.
    Someone you would plot against

The monkeysphere article was interesting. It opened up the idea that the world is an adventure, things are not under control. Exhilarating!
    That's just being someone's friend. It's not hard at all. Just put the other person's interests ahead of your own, and you're halfway there. Or better yet, find out that their interests and your own coincide. Then you get a potential great friend.