User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 40

Thread: NT, sane = unmemorable?

  1. #11
    Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Oh why isn't there a smilie to cry with
    Ok. There's " ", but why not anything with animated tears?
    Ok. I kind of understand the ESTJ.



  2. #12
    In Full Flight Array Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    ~Life in a cappella~

  3. #13
    Habitual Fi LineStepper Array JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post


    Stole my thunder.



  4. #14
    Senior Member Array Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    My head hurts .. that was a total riddle to me so i dont fully understand.

    Are you unhappy? If so, without thinking, write a list of all the things you would love to do if you didn't have your personality.

    Then bite the bullet, get out there and JUST do it. Take a year out and LIVE.
    Thinking is bad .. Doing is good.

    Make your life memorable by living it on your terms.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

  5. #15
    In Full Flight Array Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,019

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post


    Stole my thunder.
    ~Life in a cappella~

  6. #16
    HAHHAHHAH! Array INTJ123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP
    Posts
    777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I'd replace the word "insane" with "idiosyncratic". And I think NTs are a fairly idiosyncratic bunch, except for ENTJs (the SJs of the NTs).

    Ti, Te, Ni, and Ne can take one to all sorts of weird places.
    lol that's so true, entjs seem to like just following the mainstream.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Array BlahBlahNounBlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    My life story.

    Being memorable would help me out in many situations, mostly in work.

    I think my shortcomings to being memorable are
    -my independence
    -being logical
    -being reasonable
    -being factual, responsible, etc
    -managing and solving troubles, rather than making troubles
    -generally being too cerebral, most of the people miss most of my stuff
    -I don't find the most people memorable at all, even if they are enjoyable.
    -I strive for being correct and helpful, as opposed to being weird shit
    -When I do act like a weird shit for some performance, I'm taken very well, and congratulated upon - but I'm bit embarassed, and feel a slight problem for the deviation of my inner life and my outer appearance.
    -I think the ultimate goal of the man is to fight their material conditions, i.e. providing food, comfort, people not dieing etc. I'm at odds with the world coming a big youtube, idols competition etc. (Boring!! ?)

    NTs, or others identify with this? J? Others? Who?

    I'm thinking my shortcomings lie in the my lack of marketable insanities. For example, I'm not the fan of one sports team.

    Sanity is dull.


    I nearly fell asleep just reading your post. Good luck with all that.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Array iamathousandapples's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    495

    Default

    That's all people seem to remember me for, then word gets around and when someone who has never met me or has never really noticed me, they seem to be very disappointed that I am actually very reserved.

  9. #19
    filling some space Array UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    3,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I nearly fell asleep just reading your post. Good luck with all that.
    I'll give you a little lol for that one.

    But yeah, I wasn't all like that before I decided to go after my career 2-3 years ago. I've neglected my personal wishes this time, instead adapting myself to the requirements of the job. I think the effects have taken over my private life, as well. But, I don't have the kind of breathing room I'd need to use my Ne/Ti that much.

    Still, I love the pace I'm advancing at the moment, the possibilities that are coming up - my ENTP side loves the upcoming possibilities now that I'm approaching my goal job. For the time being, I have to turbocharge my life and be efficient, for greatest speed to my goal. I'd want steady enough finances to devote some of my time for free-flowing pursuits in the future, in the spirit of ENTP. No, I don't need it to be very steady, just somewhat steady. I don't want to cancel my plans for a new, awesome website because I can't pay my electric bills

    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Are you unhappy? If so, without thinking, write a list of all the things you would love to do if you didn't have your personality.

    Then bite the bullet, get out there and JUST do it. Take a year out and LIVE.
    Thinking is bad .. Doing is good.

    Make your life memorable by living it on your terms.
    Funny, I'm often writing those things, last time was on monday I do go for things I want.

    Instincts do come up when one is not thinking - and it helps to find one's core. But - life without thinking is ultimately impossible for me. Enjoyable life? Easy. Doing it right now.

    I'm not sure what kind of mindset you're going after. I'm afraid you're describing something where people go by the appearances, and have only one explanation for everything. For an N, it's make-believe that doesn't give satisfaction at all. I just can't not to be philosophical, even if I didn't talk about it.

    I just talked with my girlfriend how one ESFJ we know is like that. She's quite likable, but taking the first explanation in everywhere really directs her life in a twisted way. She accomplishes a lot, but in many ways in areas that aren't very significant in reality. Or, that's what we think.

    Uh. I haven't had a vacation in a year.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Array Saslou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    4,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Funny, I'm often writing those things, last time was on monday I do go for things I want.

    Instincts do come up when one is not thinking - and it helps to find one's core. But - life without thinking is ultimately impossible for me. Enjoyable life? Easy. Doing it right now.

    I'm not sure what kind of mindset you're going after. I'm afraid you're describing something where people go by the appearances, and have only one explanation for everything. For an N, it's make-believe that doesn't give satisfaction at all. I just can't not to be philosophical, even if I didn't talk about it.

    I just talked with my girlfriend how one ESFJ we know is like that. She's quite likable, but taking the first explanation in everywhere really directs her life in a twisted way. She accomplishes a lot, but in many ways in areas that aren't very significant in reality. Or, that's what we think.

    Uh. I haven't had a vacation in a year.

    What mindset am i going for .. I dont have a clue as i said, your original post was a total riddle to me. FRom how i viewed it, i thought maybe you were unhappy or not satisfied about something in your life, so i gave an opinion. If i have perceived it to be wrong, i am grateful if the other person puts me right. I am not a mind reader darling.

    So then in a nutshell what do you want?
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Similar Threads

  1. [NT] NTs.
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-07-2007, 11:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO