• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs: If you get angry you lose

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
I'm not an INTJ, but I definitely hold that principle dearly. You'd be simply amazed how much anger impairs judgment. Inducing anger is a relatively effective interrogation technique.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
"If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant."

Sun Tzu, Art of War Chapter 1

Yes I relate, though the only person who can really lead me into this predicament is my best friend. And only on very few topics.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
What if the anger is instrumental?

I'm not sure I understand. If you mean that you use anger to further some other response within yourself (ie. anger as motivation), then I suppose that would be an exception.

In the context of a debate or discussion, I'm inclined to agree with Jaguar. We see many of the same mannerisms from anger exhibited in passion, so it's only natural that they be somewhat confusing. Passion however, doesn't always cloud judgment and mental facilities like anger generally does.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
INTJs: if you lose you get angry.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
No such thing!
We're usually in cahoots.

sade

^ A revenge that suffers from all the procrastination is no real revenge. And you'll just end up angry again. Sigh.

INTJ123

HAHHAHHAH!
MBTI Type
ESFP
I'm not sure I understand. If you mean that you use anger to further some other response within yourself (ie. anger as motivation), then I suppose that would be an exception.

In the context of a debate or discussion, I'm inclined to agree with Jaguar. We see many of the same mannerisms from anger exhibited in passion, so it's only natural that they be somewhat confusing. Passion however, doesn't always cloud judgment and mental facilities like anger generally does.

Ever been in a fight? Anger can sometimes amplify your strength.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Ever been in a fight? Anger can sometimes amplify your strength.

In a physical sense yes. I guess I was thinking on a purely debate-based scenario.

From the very few fights that I've been in, anger does cause adrenaline to pump, but the delirium it causes isn't to be underestimated either.

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
In many ways, yes.

Although sometimes getting angry is perfectly natural (like when people threaten to kill you and your family, for instance).

colourscientist

you can use your anger in several ways:
to provoke defensive and antagonistic attitudes in others
to make friends, family and uppers feel disrespected
to scare and repulse the general public :[