User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default INTJs and sufferance

I just read a quote by Emily Bronte from her book Withering Heigths and that has left me with an idea. I can be totally wrong but I nevertheless wanted to ask. The quote was:

"Terror made me cruel..."
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Sorry never heard of it, but what was the question again?

MBTI
    INTJ

Terror made me cruel? INXJs respond to psychological threat by aggressive, unfeeling action?

I have been wondering recently about the inferior function. It's what gets used when the person is psychologically threatened. Inferior Se presumably tends one to think one should seek, see and use dangerous physical opportunities to escape immediate distress.

Thus, cruel?

Or is it just that INTJs will shut down empathy, what little there was, when threatened?

Or that INFJs will shut down pleasant, harmony seeking Fe and replace it with punishment?

Or is there an INTJ terrorist in Wuthering Heights? There should be, the stupid crap people do to each other in that story, they need someone to whip them into shape.

Rosetta Stone, save me, I'm talking about Fe again!

(Ooo, that's a good name for an INTJ terrorist, Rosetta Stone: Heathcliff, Whatshername and their jailor, Rosetta Stone, meet on the heath. Heathcliff carries a ship's canon, Whatsername is armed with glacial glances and the threat of disembodied haunting, while Wily Rose Stone carries only a laptop, masking tape and eight toothpicks...)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I thought INTJ's already had the right to vote.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

BAH! I was fine with it when we let them INTJs outa the fields, after all a man has the right raise his family on his own land, but now they want to vote! WHATS NEXT! An INTJ president!
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    entp

i wouldnt totally discount the idea.

in fact, the 'terrors' tend to become INTJs soft soft spots that they NEVER talk about with anyone. any mention of the terrors causes them to clam up like they had a bomb in their mouth that would be triggered by their mouth opening.

if you even touch these terrors, you will experience the INTJ coldness + some INTJ ice

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

Quote Originally Posted by thisGuy View Post
    i wouldnt totally discount the idea.

in fact, the 'terrors' tend to become INTJs soft soft spots that they NEVER talk about with anyone. any mention of the terrors causes them to clam up like they had a bomb in their mouth that would be triggered by their mouth opening.

if you even touch these terrors, you will experience the INTJ coldness + some INTJ ice
    I'm not quite sure if I have one of those terrors(seriously), can you give me an example?

the same old misunderstanding between anomalies and their environments: not-so-mature feelers and sensors think there's something wrong with the INTJ so they begin to investigate "what happened to them" that would explain this deviation from the normal.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Actually I didnt think that there is something wrong with the INTJ. But I think I didnt explain myself enough about what I mean or the translation was off.

What I wanted to talk about is to accept the things that you could change. Meaning to see flaws in for example a bureaucratic process, but nobody really is intrested in your PoV. Or to understand from experience or from connecting the dots, where some persons behaviour will lead them but you cant change it either, cause they are not accepting / not open for your PoV.

That is probably a thing that is more accountable for young people in general, cause if you grow older you have more elbowroom to get your insight on the way. But...

I dont know, I am having troubles to describe this phaenomena and I think the quote in the OP didnt really fit it. I dont want to come off as thinking off my self to be that wise enough to tell people what to do is right. And with age now I have come to the point in which I understand that I am part of my society and if I dont bring my ideas on the way but keep them for myself for like forever, nothing really gonna will change in areas I think change is in order. Therefore this problem isnt a real issue to me nowadays.

But back then, when I was younger, I even blocked out that much my opinion as a result that I hadnt any real opinion no more to present for example in school, when asked for it.

Dont know if you understand and I dont expect it, prolly more something of a personal nature. But when I was young and never really was able to vent those things that bugged me or actively tried to engage in society to change things, Terror made me cruel. Or better: sufferance made me cruel.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

i know an ENTP who often finds himself in debates because he's frustrated by the traditions. there was one about whether certain books should be obligatory for students to read. he was on con side and said he never understood the reason but he couldn't really make his point because there were a lot of pro arguments from the others, mostly usual beliefs, like some things are basic knowledge and so.
    i'm wondering if this is similar to the situations you experienced.