half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Welllllll, is it possible you just think people want to impress you? Maybe people just want to relate and be liked and share. Maybe you're projecting. *shrug*
    I mean that I want others to impress me, not that I feel they want to. I'm waiting for someone to meet me in my arena, instead of me always playing on the away field.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I mean that I want others to impress me, not that I feel they want to. I'm waiting for someone to meet me in my arena, instead of me always playing on the away field.
    What does that mean? You're waiting for some to meet you in your arena. You want to FEEL something, yes? The problem is lack of feeling... in this case excitement. You're chasing a high, perhaps.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Maybe date an ENTP?

(not me, of course. I'm missing a penis)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Maybe date an ENTP?

(not me, of course. I'm missing a penis)
    I can't really see two ENTP's together. What a nightmare. Both convinced of their own genius. Both easily bored. Both troublesome.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

What does that mean? You're waiting for some to meet you in your arena. You want to FEEL something, yes? The problem is lack of feeling... in this case excitement. You're chasing a high, perhaps.
    Maybe... But so what? When you met your gf, didn't you feel that high? That sense of *finally*? Why shouldn't I want that? Not just romantically, but in any area. I'm bored, is basically what it is.

But where does your low self-esteem come from?

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Maybe date an ENTP?

tried it and it was thrilling. But you know how it is with us, there was no longevity.

(what Synarch said...)

MBTI
    ENTP

Maybe... But so what? When you met your gf, didn't you feel that high? That sense of *finally*? Why shouldn't I want that? Not just romantically, but in any area. I'm bored, is basically what it is.

But where does your low self-esteem come from?
    I think there is this tendency in ENXP's to draw what they need internally from the world around them. This makes them prone to chasing highs, getting bored, and generally getting into trouble because that which makes you not bored, I think, has to come from within.

I don't know where my low self-esteem comes from. Maybe from a feeling of perfectionism and being too idealistic (aka unrealistic) about myself and the world. Ironically, it's also what drives me to do neat things and be creative. I create my best stuff when I at war with myself and the world. So, go figure.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think there is this tendency in ENXP's to draw what they need internally from the world around them. This makes them prone to chasing highs, getting bored, and generally getting into trouble because that which makes you not bored, I think, has to come from within.

I don't know where my low self-esteem comes from. Maybe from a feeling of perfectionism and being too idealistic (aka unrealistic) about myself and the world. Ironically, it's also what drives me to do neat things and be creative. I create my best stuff when I at war with myself and the world. So, go figure.
    Thank you for saying this. It's what the ENTP who hurt me did. They liked the initial intoxication of falling for someone new, but when that wore off, they were on to the next person. That is a terrible way to go through life, doing that to one person after another.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

You know, the thing is that being extroverted means just that - that I look for external stimuli. But introverts do the opposite. You can make a case either way for which one causes more trouble... There is plenty of truth to what you are saying, but I've never felt this way around an INTx, for instance. So maybe I am just hanging out with all the wrong people. INTxs are so hard to find irl.

About being idealistic. I can sympathize. I look at the world through rose colored lenses, too. And you are right about having that catalyst to creativity. I just don't get how that relates to your low self esteem. On a general level, I can understand it, but only in certain contexts. Like if I really like a guy and he doesn't call me or whatever - I can go through a (brief) period of self doubt. But other than that, I look at myself through rose colored glasses too, I guess.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    Thank you for saying this. It's what the ENTP who hurt me did. They liked the initial intoxication of falling for someone new, but when that wore off, they were on to the next person. That is a terrible way to go through life, doing that to one person after another.
    It doesn't always work that way. We are not all just hopping from one adventure to the next. We are capable of deeply loving and committed relationships. We can also be pricks, like any person when they are immature. Sorry that you got hurt by an immature prick.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    This was hard for me to admit. Essentially it is using people to get something you haven't built inside. And since it comes only from other people it is never enough. In SolitaryWalker's book he talks about the self-effacing tendencies of ENTP's and this really hit home. This notion that orientation to the external is, in a sense, self-denying.

When ENXP's become unhappy they usually kneejerk and try to change their circumstances. I see this all the time. Externally focused people start with the outside world when they're miserable. They figure a new life will make them happy. New boyfriend, new job, new friends, new experiences. The growth comes from recognizing what the constant factor is in your unhappiness: YOU.

The thing that hurts more for the people who get used is realizing that they never really knew you. They never really stopped to consider the impact on you. In a way, you were never real. But, I wouldn't be angry at ENXP's because in the end you do not build anything by floating from flower to flower. In the end, you die alone and jaded. Untouched. Unknown.