User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 105

  1. #61
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Do you mean they don't see the real you? Or, what do you mean? Why would they see you as a strange novelty?
    Of course they don't see the real me. I hate to talk about the S/N divide because it sounds so cheesy, but I think there's some truth to it. Also, maybe because I am female and most women don't speak as openly as I do.

  2. #62
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Of course they don't see the real me. I hate to talk about the S/N divide because it sounds so cheesy, but I think there's some truth to it. Also, maybe because I am female and most women don't speak as openly as I do.
    So, it is safe to say you often feel alienated?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  3. #63
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    So, it is safe to say you often feel alienated?
    Well, I don't feel like they are alienating me, more like I am alienating myself. I don't get enough out of most social situations, so I tend to withdraw after a bit.

  4. #64
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Well, I don't feel like they are alienating me, more like I am alienating myself. I don't get enough out of most social situations, so I tend to withdraw after a bit.
    What are you trying to get out of social situations?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  5. #65
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    What are you trying to get out of social situations?
    I don't know. At first it seems like it will be fun, so I go with a super excited attitude, ready to do or talk about anything. Then it feels like I'm just doing a stand-up routine, so I stop talking to see who else will chip in. Then I realize that no one will, so I stop trying and just withdraw. This never happens with you??

  6. #66
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I don't know. At first it seems like it will be fun, so I go with a super excited attitude, ready to do or talk about anything. Then it feels like I'm just doing a stand-up routine, so I stop talking to see who else will chip in. Then I realize that no one will, so I stop trying and just withdraw. This never happens with you??
    For me it's just how I respond to social discomfort. Also, it seems easier to perform sometimes than to connect. Know what I mean? Now I try harder to connect, which is why you find me talking more about my weaker areas and my complicated and often painful personal experiences. Everyone can relate to that shit AND it happens to be actually true, unlike the fabulous tales I used to impress people with if I felt uncomfortable or felt like I needed their approval.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  7. #67
    Senior Member BlahBlahNounBlah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    1,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    For me it's just how I respond to social discomfort. Also, it seems easier to perform sometimes than to connect. Know what I mean? Now I try harder to connect, which is why you find me talking more about my weaker areas and my complicated and often painful personal experiences. Everyone can relate to that shit AND it happens to be actually true, unlike the fabulous tales I used to impress people with if I felt uncomfortable or felt like I needed their approval.

    I always feel like I'm being self-involved when I talk about those things. I know other people can get that feeling of connection from the shared pain or whatever, but that doesn't change the weird feeling I get from it. It's like bathing in dirty water everyone is washing in.

  8. #68
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    For me it's just how I respond to social discomfort. Also, it seems easier to perform sometimes than to connect. Know what I mean? Now I try harder to connect, which is why you find me talking more about my weaker areas and my complicated and often painful personal experiences. Everyone can relate to that shit AND it happens to be actually true, unlike the fabulous tales I used to impress people with if I felt uncomfortable or felt like I needed their approval.
    Hmmm, our motivations are completely different. I actually connect by banter. I like to see that quick mental connection - someone who operates at the same speed that I do. This is what feels natural to me. To start in with darker topics... I don't know, I think it's a mood killer if people are just trying to have a good time. And those things just work their way out organically, there's a time and place for everything.

    I never think about impressing people. My problem stems from wanting others to impress me.

  9. #69
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    I always feel like I'm being self-involved when I talk about those things. I know other people can get that feeling of connection from the shared pain or whatever, but that doesn't change the weird feeling I get from it. It's like bathing in dirty water everyone is washing in.
    Well, I approach it more from the point of view of what have I learned rather than as an excuse to bitch and moan and wallow in shit. I care very much about learning from negative experiences. To learn from them it often helps to acknowledge and discuss them. But, I definitely get your meaning. I don't want to rehash things to feel bad or to indulge in self-pity.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  10. #70
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Hmmm, our motivations are completely different. I actually connect by banter. I like to see that quick mental connection - someone who operates at the same speed that I do. This is what feels natural to me. To start in with darker topics... I don't know, I think it's a mood killer if people are just trying to have a good time. And those things just work their way out organically, there's a time and place for everything.

    I never think about impressing people. My problem stems from wanting others to impress me.
    Welllllll, is it possible you just think people want to impress you? Maybe people just want to relate and be liked and share. Maybe you're projecting. *shrug*
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Hi, need help w/ an ENTP
    By Rainne in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 04:00 AM
  2. [ENTP] ANGRY entp?
    By Acidic Liquid in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-10-2009, 05:17 PM
  3. [ENTP] help w a troublesome entp
    By sculpting in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 03:17 PM
  4. [ENTP] An angry ENTP
    By Habba in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 02-14-2009, 03:46 AM
  5. [ENTP] help with an ENTP!
    By handsopen in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 07:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO