• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Help comprehending angry ENTP

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I just realized you said ENXP here... my mother is an ENFP. You have just explained yet another major issue in my life... my mother's constant need to move to a new place! I lived in multiple states growing up, and being a shy INFJ, having to make friends all over again at a new school every 2 years (on average) made my childhood and teenage years really awful.

The idea that happiness comes from within is something I need to really contemplate and pound into my head. :)

You've got lots of wisdom. I'm going to start calling you YODA. :)

My mother is ENFP, so I have some understanding. She was almost constantly dissatisfied with some area of her life. Usually for her it was her career or relationships. Not saying she didn't have reasons to be dissatisfied. She clearly did. But, she seemed to attribute a lot of her unhappiness to what was going on around her. On the other hand, this made her very active in trying to build the life she wanted, so I don't know what it all means in the end.

If you call me Yoda, embarrassed I will be. Thank you, though. That's a nice compliment. :blush:

Jenocyde mentioned your INFJ girlfriend... I would think she could get to your inner self, so you wouldn't be untouched and unknown. We have skillz. :D

She knows me very well. It is wonderful to feel accepted and even liked for my weirdness without wanting to change who I am.

only way i can see one as having low self-esteem while being an idealist is when you DON'T WORK towards improving yourself when you know you can and you should. that would give you a low sense of self-worth since you are indulging yourself in a behavior that does not sit well with your sense of self, but is still what you are displaying to the world; and therefore what you are defined by...consequently defined as your 'real' self. 'real' is a relative term.

also, i found that i'm better at coming to terms with depressing situations if i am with people. i can do it by myself but it takes way longer. i need external input and different viewpoints

That's a good point. I feel better when I am making progress on improving myself. I agree with the being with other people. Unfortunately, I became rather uncivilized and got out of the habit of spending time with people. But, I am working on it.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
In my estimation, happiness comes when you realize that even for all these flaws, people do genuinely love you, and more importantly, you do genuinely (and seemingly irrationally) love other people, and it's in this that we establish significance in life. Look at the older ENTPs that we've been able to come in contact with - the content ones have a love affair with the whole world, while the curmudgeonly ones are not angry - just disappointed that what they care about so much still can't seem to get its act together. That doesn't mean that there isn't a sense of great joy when it does happen.

I like it.

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
My mother is ENFP, so I have some understanding. She was almost constantly dissatisfied with some area of her life. Usually for her it was her career or relationships. Not saying she didn't have reasons to be dissatisfied. She clearly did. But, she seemed to attribute a lot of her unhappiness to what was going on around her. On the other hand, this made her very active in trying to build the life she wanted, so I don't know what it all means in the end.

i sometimes think about how some people do this and some do that, about all the 'giving' and 'receiving' goes on in the world and i always come to the conclusion that in the overall scheme of things, the world is in a perfect dynamic.

what happens happens; what happens next, happens next. all we can do is improve ourselves and maximize our potential as best as we can. anything else and everything else is completely out of our hands.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Frankly, it doesn't seem as though his type has anything to do with his hostility towards you. You mentioned the fact that he was using "mind-altering substances" when you visited him. Furthermore, you also stated that he was drunk during his period of emotional fluctuation at the wedding.

Thus, I am inclined to associate his hostility with his drug use, which, based upon the information that you have presented, is clearly not under control.

My question for you is this: has he always used drugs, and, if so, have you known him to become hostile during use?
You sir smell like a INTJ