• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Rant on ENTPs

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
This is an invitation for all members to compile information on ENTP-problem-areas in the interest of ENTP-self improvement. Anecdotes, analysises, excercises, all are welcome as long as it deals with ENTP problems/ and growth.

And remember: Just because a type has a potential problem area, it doesn't mean that you, the actual person necessarily suffers from this problem, even if you are that type.

The classics

Can't follow through on projects

One-Upmanship

Social Machiavellinism

Intellectually superficial and unreliable

Over-competitive, pressuring others for fun

Conjure up far-out connections between ideas that as perhaps not really connected (Foucault is a good example here)

Prone to grow bored with a stable partner

Impatient, ever so very impatient

Poor external judgment, better at understanding others points of view than their own.

Take big risks

-----------

I hope to see some nice contributions to this thread. I'll probably add some more myself once my hangover passes.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
All I can come up with right now is:

1. Too likely to make random, irrelevant connections. (But that might have been covered already.)

2. Can be crude. (But that would apply to several types.)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I kind of feel sorry for ENTPs.

They actually say out loud the crazy shit we INTPs think.

I bet a significant amount of them wind up in looney bins.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I kind of feel sorry for ENTPs.
They actually say out loud the crazy shit we INTPs think.

:D

This is why I love them.

I imagine crazy things, then just "drop them" as hints around the ENTPs and then sit back and watch the fun.

I bet one common question ENTPs ask themselves earlier in life is: "Oops, did I say that out loud?" (And after awhile, they just start assuming they did.)

Usehername

On a mission

This is why I love them.

I imagine crazy things, then just "drop them" as hints around the ENTPs and then sit back and watch the fun.

I bet one common question ENTPs ask themselves earlier in life is: "Oops, did I say that out loud?" (And after awhile, they just start assuming they did.)

lol

i read that 1 in 100 people are sociopaths in some psychology today article a while back before i knew about MBTI; i read the descriptions and was totally like "CHRIS is the 1 in 100 that I know!"
He was just an immature ENTP is all :alttongue:

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
This thread is like a car crash. I know I should just head on by, but I can't help it...I've got to look.

:moodeath:

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
The only thing I have yet to see in myself or other ENTPs (that I've met in real life) is the social machiavellinism. I've heard that in other places and I know you're not saying all ENTPs etc, but that one always baffled me. I just don't see it as typical if at all.

Can you give me some examples you've seen in yourself or others?

Last edited:

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I've definately seen one-upmanship before in ENTPs I know, but I'm not so sure about the others.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

This is why I love them.

uhh yep, I totally agree with yours and MacGuffin's points :D

O

Oberon

Can't follow through on projects...good Lord, can't follow through on projects...

My home is littered with unfinished projects. It's almost a tic, like a Tourette's sufferer making barking noises. I hate it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Can't follow through on projects...good Lord, can't follow through on projects... My home is littered with unfinished projects. It's almost a tic, like a Tourette's sufferer making barking noises. I hate it.

Honestly, I'm surprised you even finished this post.

(congratulations!)

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
ENTP's can tell you you suck in such a way that you still like them, blast their oily hides!

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Actually I'll do a real rant- ENTP's can make you feel like you're the only person in the world and then they'll have nothing to do with you for a while and then you'll be their whole world again. One may feel like they are going back and forth between a relational dessert and then a relational lush tropical jungle. You have to be able to be an emotionally equipped camel in relationships with them.

O

Oberon

Actually I'll do a real rant- ENTP's can make you feel like you're the only person in the world and then they'll have nothing to do with you for a while and then you'll be their whole world again. One may feel like they are going back and forth between a relational dessert and then a relational lush tropical jungle. You have to be able to be an emotionally equipped camel in relationships with them.

It also helps if you like sex.

O

Oberon

Doesn't a camel have humps?

The sexual drive of the camel
Is greater than anyone thinks;
In moments of sexual passion,
He often makes love to the Sphinx.

But the nethermost parts of that creature
Are hid in the sands of the Nile;
Which accounts for the hump of the camel,
And the Sphinx's inscrutable smile.

lastrailway

I don't know any ENTP. But of the type descriptions, they seem cool.
Oh, and there are those ENTPs who live in the online world. They seem cool, too :)

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ

Lol, what a fitting description.