User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

Thread: Rant on ENTPs

MBTI
    INTJ

*heads to the feedback forum to inquire about the possibility of fixing this post-eating bug*

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post

*heads to the feedback forum to inquire about the possibility of fixing this post-eating bug*
    It's okay, digest just can't work the internets.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

One of my good friends is married to an ENTP. She loves him to death, but what drives her crazy is -
    *The minute he has a bad day at work, even if almost all the other days he enjoys, he immediately starts looking for a new job, and in some cases actually starts interviewing
    *He'll do really random things. Like, they're trying to sell their house, and because it's been on the market for [only] 5 weeks, he is getting stressed that it hasn't sold yet. So on Craigslist he comes across a woman who is interested in a house, and at 5pm in the afternoon, he calls his wife, who just got home, and says someone is going to come look at the house at 5:30. She's like...'what'?? And she tells me it turns out he didn't even research whether the woman could afford the house (which she couldn't). So my friend was left in the somewhat awkward position of being forced to show the house to this woman, and chitchat with the woman, only to find out the woman couldn't afford it anyway.
    *He gets bored easily. It'll drive my friend crazy, when she's just trying to read a book, and he'll come in, and just want her to entertain him, or give him something to do. He can't really sit still.
    *Otherwise, in casual settings, he's very easygoing, and I don't have any issues getting along with him.

Other than him, I haven't come across any ENTP's in real life, that I know of. However, in another web forum, I drove an ENTP *up the wall*. [there had been an mbti thread, and he posted he was ENTP] It's like my posts simultaneously intrigued him, and irritated the crap out of him. ;-) He really zeroed in on me, and my very existance and my point of view seemed to bother him. Oh...I made him snap. He was quite fond of the phrase/mentality that 'The world is not a big happy hugfest, with Barney's dancing around' -- stuff along those lines. He eventually got kicked out of the entire forum, because he ruffled too many feathers, and was....extremely rude and unopen to any viewpoints that differed from his. I tend to think he was an extreme ENTP though.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    It's okay, digest just can't work the internets.
    bwaha!!

i didn't even realize i'd done that.

no doubt, i, like so many other victims, once again fell prey to being too preoccupied with fantasies of you, mac.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    long story about a suspected ENTP
    he sounds much more S than N to me. much.

and substitute, what i meant to say, but apparently couldn't master the complicated quote function to do so, was that i feel ya. i put on egotistical shows, and because it's always done in fun to make the other person smile, it makes me feel ill if i realize later that it could have sounded to them like i thought i was better... unless they've pissed me off, i feel neutral about them, but strongly disagree with them, and/or i really don't like them (but that's an entirely different subject). if you're like me, you're just as quick to bolster the ego of someone you like while owning your own faults.

i think it's just that in text, we can't express that "i'm just being full of shit" thing that is so much easier to convey in real life.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    and substitute, what i meant to say, but apparently couldn't master the complicated quote function to do so, was that i feel ya. i put on egotistical shows, and because it's always done in fun to make the other person smile, it makes me feel ill if i realize later that it could have sounded to them like i thought i was better...
    Yes, when I realise that they thought I was being serious, and they really think I really am that arrogant, makes me feel ill too. Sometimes I wonder though, how someone can think, based on a few bullshit, larger-than-life joke routines that I do (for want of a better way of putting it), that I spend my whole time tweaking the nose of Authority and dropping ice cubes of chaos down the vest of Order when in fact, mostly I just do paperwork, play with the kids, shift stuff and get along nicely with people.

It can also make me feel quite cynical at times though, because whilst people are all too happy to judge me and call me arrogant, obnoxious etc because of these misunderstandings, who is it they always want to come to their dinner parties to liven things up? If I'm so bad, why do they always want me there, and pressure me if I try and make excuses not to go, and go to such lengths to get me there, even changing dates to be convenient to me?

At the end of the day there are a lot of people out there who want a certain image but just don't have the charisma to carry it, and they invite me to their parties to 'perform' for them, cos they know I can do it, I can juggle the dynamics of all the different guests and make sure everyone's having a good time, actually working my nuts off the whole time, averting disasters and confrontations, lifting up depressed people and bringing shy people out of their shells. And yes, sometimes I do enjoy it, the feeling of being like a conductor of an orchestra full of words that I just have to point at and they marshall into just the right order to create just the atmosphere and meaning I want to convey, and sometimes yes it is ego boosting to have people say how I can always find the right things to say and how I'm the life of the group - is that a crime? Are other types going to pretend they don't like compliments or hearing their good points praised?? But then it's no fun when I do all this, only to be accused later by some drunk, bitter asshole of being egotistical and attention seeking when I'm actually exhausted from a whole evening of give, give, give and letting other people leech of my energy.

if you're like me, you're just as quick to bolster the ego of someone you like while owning your own faults.
    Yeah... that's the thing, I wonder where anyone gets this idea that I'm so arrogant when I'm always extremely open about my faults and whenever I'm criticized I almost always apologise unreservedly and admit my faults. And the poignant part is where eventually some people realise that what they've been calling the result of arrogant attention seeking and thinking I'm better than others, all along it was actually deep insecurity and self-doubt that was looking for reassurance and acceptance through cheerfulness and playfulness and trying to be fun to be with

i think it's just that in text, we can't express that "i'm just being full of shit" thing that is so much easier to convey in real life.
    That... and also that in a forum situation where people can't actually observe the way I live my life, I might say things and sorta 'proclaim' things that in RL I wouldn't dream of saying out loud cos like you say,it's better to let people observe. Sometimes I guess I have a bit too much faith in people to realise that and give me the benefit of the doubt...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    ... they invite me to their parties to 'perform' for them, cos they know I can do it, I can juggle the dynamics of all the different guests and make sure everyone's having a good time, actually working my nuts off the whole time, averting disasters and confrontations, lifting up depressed people and bringing shy people out of their shells. And yes, sometimes I do enjoy it, the feeling of being like a conductor of an orchestra full of words that I just have to point at and they marshal into just the right order to create just the atmosphere and meaning I want to convey, and sometimes yes it is ego boosting to have people say how I can always find the right things to say and how I'm the life of the group - is that a crime? ...
    You make me really sorry I don't know you in real life.
    I think you're awesome.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    You make me really sorry I don't know you in real life.
    I think you're awesome.
    Aw shucks...

(gahhh! now everyone's gonna think that was the reaction I was after! )
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

MBTI
    INTJ

Sorry.
    I'm sure you weren't.
    You're not that shallow.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Sorry.
    I'm sure you weren't.
    You're not that shallow.
    And you're not that accommodating and obliging

Heh, no I can be that shallow sometimes, seriously, but I wasn't then. Thank you though, nice to get a bit of extravert appreciation going from you mean ol' intro's!

(though that wasn't my intention either, I didn't have one, honest! lol)