User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 203

Thread: Rant on ENTPs

  1. #41
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    My ENTP friend lacks some follow through, and he also has a bad outlook on intimate relationships (basically he sees them as only a means to personal gain); other than that, he's good.

    Maverick, what's the problem with this:



    ?

    As long as ideas are better, they'll sustain themselves no matter what stupid "lines of power" say.

    really...sounds like something I would do
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  2. #42
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    This is true. I'm really bad at compromise. I always get my way, always have. To not do so would be unthinkable. I mean, even when I haven't been able to get my way (first draft), I've managed to redraft 'my way' sometimes beyond recognition so that what I want to happen always happens, even if sometimes it's more like what happens is always what I want; I want whatever happens. Hm. Rephrase: I can usually find a way to want whatever I know is going to happen, and also to strongly influence what is going to happen.
    Yes I hate to compromise as well. If my way is the best way then I'm going to stick to my guns and do what it takes to get it. If the other person's way is better, or if I don't feel strongly about a situation then I will simply give the other person what they want instead of compromise. I would rather the other person get their way than neither person get what they want because of a compromise.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  3. #43
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    It's usually just because we got distracted by something else, not because our feelings for you as a friend or whatever were not genuine. We usually don't spend time with anyone merely for social obligations, unless we actually enjoy their company. The fact they keep coming back, even if it's occasionally, is because they value you in some way.
    completely agree.

    also, i've had the absolute hardest time conveying this to people simply because they're someone i LIKE. how do you explain to them, in such a way that they'll believe you aren't just talking smack, that when you say, "if i didn't like you, you'd KNOW", you mean exactly that?

    people always have to learn this the hard way. they don't get it until the relationship/friendship comes to an end, and THEN they see how they were different. it's a damn shame that if it doesn't come to an end, then they never see.

    it's a conundrum i've lived with for as long as i can remember.

    Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    I've hurt some feelings in the past for being "unavailable" but when I see them again (in my mind, no time has passed). It's like the interesting conversation with that person was just paused for a while (even if it's years); I'm always baffled when occasionally, someone needs to re-acquaint themselves with me again - as if I might have changed in my time away. But I can see how my behavior might seem cold or flighty.
    yes, yes, like it was only yesterday that we spoke. i do the same thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    You call that a rant? Haha... no...

    Flaw #34654a: Don't hold back or pull any punches when ranting.
    Flaw #34654b: Don't take other people's rants seriously because they seem lame in comparison to the ones we just casually throw out whilst stirring our coffee. Laugh at people when they're angry.
    true. assuming you meant "we" don't take other people's rants that seriously. it takes a whole hell of a lot to ruffle my feathers, and rants, are usually just amusing in an 'interesting thing to watch' kind of way. it's like watching a human pressure valve being released.

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Flaw #34654c: Provoke other people to rant just so we can see if they have any real power or passion in them.
    i don't do this that much. i'd only do that if it was something small, and there was absolutely nothing else to do at that moment. like bringing up gas prices or slow sunday traffic to an ISFJ male. and, no harm there, they LIKE bitching about that.

    unless, of course, there's a context you're speaking of, that isn't coming to mind right now.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  4. #44
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    And probably the worst part about being ENTP from all points of view is that really, you can list our flaws all day and we'll help you, enjoying it, and not feeling really the slightest tinge of guilt for any of them. Not really - we pretend we do sometimes because it's the done thing, but we often don't really understand why we're supposed to feel bad, and are more likely to feel bad about not feeling bad, than about the thing we're supposed to feel bad about...
    so. fucking. true.

    this pisses so many people off, and is taken as my not caring that they're upset, but it's just that i'm not judgmental... even with myself. and, the same thing that keeps me from getting down on myself is the same thing that allows me to let THEM slide! but, do they see the beauty in that? noooooo.

    besides, it's not like i don't care. when someone that i care about points out that i've done something that's hurt them, then i really do care and try to fix it.

    ...

    IF it makes sense, they matter, and they're being reasonable.


    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    This is true. I'm really bad at compromise. I always get my way, always have. To not do so would be unthinkable. I mean, even when I haven't been able to get my way (first draft), I've managed to redraft 'my way' sometimes beyond recognition so that what I want to happen always happens, even if sometimes it's more like what happens is always what I want; I want whatever happens. Hm. Rephrase: I can usually find a way to want whatever I know is going to happen, and also to strongly influence what is going to happen.
    ha. yes. deciding that what occurs, even if it wasn't what i wanted, is workable. i think it comes from a tremendously strong natural tendency to adapt... go with the flow.

    however, when it really matters, the other person/people may as well be trying to stop a hurricane. it will happen, one way or another. but, even then, the tendency to adapt is still put to use... except as one more weapon in an arsenal.

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    This list is good, except that you've indulged in a little speculation and judgement as to the ENTP's motives for what s/he does, rather than just give the list of symptoms, so to speak.
    a LITTLE indulging? that was flat-out indulging. while pointing out my faults doesn't bother me in the least, attributing faults to me that i don't have, does. to tell me (or anyone else) what their motivation is as if they KNOW, is annoying as hell. if indulging was done, it was indulging in mind-reading skills which clearly are on the blink.

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    For example, I agree that I act in eccentric ways, but I will deny to the death that I do it for attention - most of the time I'm not even aware that I am doing it, and it's just what comes naturally to me, I'm just being myself, which will obviously look eccentric since 'myself' is a pretty odd person.
    same here. it's because i don't think about being watched that i so easily do the eccentric things. if i stopped to think about how others were seeing me or were thinking about me constantly, i'd freeze.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  5. #45
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Similarly, I admit that I ignore social conventions but I also deny that this is for attention - it's either because I'm oblivious to them and don't actually notice, or because I sincerely believe observing them is pointless and unconstructive for the situation at hand.
    agree with this too. i don't do that for attention. i wouldn't even know HOW to do that for attention. if i did, i'd feel fake as hell and self-conscious.

    most of the time, what i'm doing that's against the social conventions is ignoring them altogether (the people, that is, with the conventions being ignored as a side-effect of my ignoring the people, or what people want me to think, care about, do, etc.), and that in itself seems to piss people off.

    again, it's because i don't worry all the time about what others are thinking about me. they'll think what they want to think no matter what i do.

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    It can be quite hurtful sometimes when my natural enthusiasm is labelled as arrogance and attention whoring.
    why is it so hard for some to believe that wanting attention is not a pre-requisite for getting attention?

    i've come to the conclusion that it's people who want attention and aren't getting it that bemoan others that do, so when someone else does get attention, they simply can't believe that the person didn't TRY.

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    So maybe I'd put it in a list of non-ENTP people's flaws:

    - Always assume that anyone who's passionate and enthusiastic is arrogant and egotistical.
    - Always assume that anyone who gets attention wants it, loves it and did something on purpose to get it, rather than consider the possibility that they might've just merited it.
    meh... why bother.

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    really...sounds like something I would do
    ha. yes, the INTJs i've known have said the same thing. however, i won't lie, i do have that in common with them to a certain extent. people don't necessarily have to have a use set in my mind, but i know they have one. meaning, i don't have to consciously know what a person's use is, i just know there is one. everyone has uses. and, while i don't go beyond watching closely and noticing potential, it doesn't become completely conscious until it's necessary to use their skills.

    which sounds worse than it is.

    personally, i think all people do that to some extent.

    (sorry, had to break that up to make sure it wouldn't get cut off. also, i said so much because you people made me by saying shit i agreed with.)
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery
    Likes mommel729 liked this post

  6. #46
    The elder Holmes Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    personally, i think all people do that to some extent.
    I wouldn't even add the "to some extent". Everyone uses other people for their own ends.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

    -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    As long as ideas are better, they'll sustain themselves no matter what stupid "lines of power" say.
    Several ENTP's I know burnt their bridges with the wrong people because of this...

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Several ENTP's I know burnt their bridges with the wrong people because of this...
    I've burnt a few bridges and jobs with this one. I still don't regret though; those fuckers had it coming and the pain of living that existence isn't worth the upside of keeping a job, or making dumb-asses feel better.
    Likes mommel729 liked this post

  9. #49
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meanlittlechimp View Post
    I've burnt a few bridges and jobs with this one. I still don't regret it though; those fuckers had it coming ....
    This post gets a "Gold Star" for Quintessential ENTP Post of the Day.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft
    Likes mommel729 liked this post

  10. #50
    homo-loving sonovagun anii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    9
    Socionics
    fuck
    Posts
    900

    Default

    Sexy but unreliable.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTJ] Rant on ENTJs
    By Maverick in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 02:50 PM
  2. [MBTItm] short rant on NFs
    By sakuraba in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 227
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 10:38 PM
  3. A short rant on chivalry
    By Sniffles in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 09:37 PM
  4. [INTJ] Rant on INTJs
    By Usehername in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 04:28 PM
  5. [INTP] Rant on INTPs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO