Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    This is an invitation for all members to compile information on ENTP-problem-areas in the interest of ENTP-self improvement. Anecdotes, analysises, excercises, all are welcome as long as it deals with ENTP problems/ and growth.

And remember: Just because a type has a potential problem area, it doesn't mean that you, the actual person necessarily suffers from this problem, even if you are that type.

The classics

Can't follow through on projects

One-Upmanship

Social Machiavellinism

Intellectually superficial and unreliable

Over-competitive, pressuring others for fun

Conjure up far-out connections between ideas that as perhaps not really connected (Foucault is a good example here)

Prone to grow bored with a stable partner

Impatient, ever so very impatient

Poor external judgment, better at understanding others points of view than their own.

Take big risks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Also I make exceedingly insensitive jokes and then mock people when they tell me that I did so. It usually consists of the following:

1. Joke of poor taste
    2. Complaint
    3. "well you shouldn't be so damn sensitive"
    4. "and neither should anyone else this whole country is full of..."
    5. perhaps an anecdote to prove my point, which I am of course, incontrovertibly correct about.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    They actually say out loud the crazy shit we INTPs think.
    Once again, I am stranded between being an INTJ or an ENTP. Every time I'm around people, I'm extremely bouncy and witty like an ENTP, and people think I'm really funny. But at the same time, I never really had an interest in things like parties -- all of my relations took place at either work or at school. I'm pretty much a loner, but I don't think strangers have ever perceived me as an introvert.

I'm so confused...I hate not being able to identify myself...

MBTI
    eNxp

Default Hotmale

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    Well no need to get touchy and defensive digest. I was just throwing out some ideas out there, and you didn't have to take it as a personal attack. I'm just curious about your personality type is all.

It's interesting you say you self-analyzed yourself since birth. It indicates that you are what you personally analyze which it typical of introverts. However, given that your personality type is accurate of you (and remember I'm just a newbie to the MBTI theory ) I would think you would want to integrate other people's analyses as well.

Oh well, we're all so different aren't we?

You are way off man. I am an ENTP and I think you are way overanalyzing some of her statements.

There is only so much you can understand about someone else's personality type from what you read and what they say or do. Only someone WITH that personality can truly understand their motivations and predict every possible type of statement.

To be more concrete. I do not like defending something that I know to be true about myself to someone I am not very close to.

If you are a stranger I care less about wether or not you believe me, and if it is a routine topic for me, I'm not interested and will just tell you to fuck off.

I think you might be having trouble admitting you're wrong, but like I said, I can't know for sure. I can only ask you for confirmation.
    Don't believe everything you think.

MBTI
    eNxp

Default The Problem with Judging the type of Others

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    You're just contradicting yourself. One one hand you say you value autonomy and that you do not care about what others think, on the other your post shows that you are getting all worked up about this issue and that you do care.

If you are sure of your ground, why don't you just brush off comments? You sound overly defensive.
    I stand my ground on this one that hotmale and maverick can't claim to understand the complete picture of being an ENTP without being one. There are really complex interactions that go way beyond the descriptions provided on the internet and even from us ENTP's.

The logic both of you are using is flawed anyway. For example:

Premise 1: ENTP's usually aren't defensive.
    Premise 2: Digest seems defensive.
    Conclusion: Digest isn't an ENTP.

The key words there are usually and seems.

That is the problem with judging the type of other people. You can't be sure.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    Actually I'll do a real rant- ENTP's can make you feel like you're the only person in the world and then they'll have nothing to do with you for a while and then you'll be their whole world again. One may feel like they are going back and forth between a relational dessert and then a relational lush tropical jungle. You have to be able to be an emotionally equipped camel in relationships with them.
    ...guilty.

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    And probably the worst part about being ENTP from all points of view is that really, you can list our flaws all day and we'll help you, enjoying it, and not feeling really the slightest tinge of guilt for any of them. Not really - we pretend we do sometimes because it's the done thing, but we often don't really understand why we're supposed to feel bad, and are more likely to feel bad about not feeling bad, than about the thing we're supposed to feel bad about...
    How true!!

That's the most accurate description I've read here, so far.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

they are surprisingly optimistic in the face of facts and reality
    its crazy, maybe even stupid
    but those kind of risks make dreams happen
    I N V I C T U S

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    How true!!

how would you know?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    how would you know?
    I don't know lot of people who are able to self-loathe and be happy about it.

It implies a very uncommon form of self-awareness, something I've seen so far only in ENTPs or almost.

---

So, how would you know?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

How true!!

Heartless meanies.

And Sub, I'm surprised at you, you're such a cad.

me... i'll criticize you... but i'll still feel bad about it on some level... even if I can't help but continue to criticize you.

So you can actually feel okay/good about self-loathing? Weird.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I don't know lot of people who are able to self-loathe and be happy about it.

It implies a very uncommon form of self-awareness, something I've seen so far only in ENTPs or almost.

---

So, how would you know?
    way to pick up on "nuance".
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery