User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

Thread: Rant on ENTPs

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    digesthisickness...you didn't put sugar in my coffee, you useless moron.
    be glad you got the coffee, asshole!
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    Fair enough. I suppose I should have overlooked the quip about my comical failure.

At any rate, I spent some more time thinking and I realized what I described was just a form of oneupsmanship. After you said you didn't identify with it, I started watching myself. Here's what I left out.

I only belittle people who've "wronged" me in some way whether by beating me in some stupid game or outsmarting me.

Clarity is a terrific thing and good thing you said that or I wouldn't have bothered to figure this out. I think we're on the same page I'm just a little more overt about it.

I do think I overstated with most of my post.
    now, this response sounded a lot more ENTP.

when i was a teenager (until 16, i lived at home), i was like you described yourself when dealing with my sister. she's an ENTJ. we warred with one another daily. it was sibling rivalry in the worst way. we battled verbally mercilessly daily and came to violent blows more times than i could count. but, then moments later, we'd say, "so... wanta watch [some tv show]?" "oh, that's on? hell yeah!"

however, after i left home, i distanced myself from her because i didn't like the fighting the way she did (debating something is one thing, but damn!). she'd do what she did to instigate fights whereas i did what i did to finish them.

when that young, and in that environment, i mistakenly thought winning every time meant something, and took pride in it when it really didn't mean shit.

after leaving home, i quickly learned that my default is actually to pick my battles, and distinguish the ones that matter from the ones that, when walked away from, will actually win the war.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    be glad you got the coffee, asshole!
    Coffee? Is that what that shit was supposed to be?!?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Are we talking robusta or arabic? *coughie*

(typical INTP response... aside from just ignoring the whole thing)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

now, this response sounded a lot more ENTP.

when i was a teenager (until 16, i lived at home), i was like you described yourself when dealing with my sister. she's an ENTJ. we warred with one another daily. it was sibling rivalry in the worst way. we battled verbally mercilessly daily and came to violent blows more times than i could count. but, then moments later, we'd say, "so... wanta watch [some tv show]?" "oh, that's on? hell yeah!"

however, after i left home, i distanced myself from her because i didn't like the fighting the way she did (debating something is one thing, but damn!). she'd do what she did to instigate fights whereas i did what i did to finish them.

when that young, and in that environment, i mistakenly thought winning every time meant something, and took pride in it when it really didn't mean shit.

after leaving home, i quickly learned that my default is actually to pick my battles, and distinguish the ones that matter from the ones that, when walked away from, will actually win the war.
    Hmm...

The sibling thing sounds like an exact paralell to me and my INTJ bro except without the physical violence. Can I guess that your sister was usually the first to strike? Doesn't seem very ENTP to actually get physical with someone over a disagreement. Maybe I'm wrong.

I can also dig the thing about leaving home (I haven't yet) but when I'm in public, I don't argue or fight over as much. I do like to antagonize clerks and whoever, but for I don't get into the artful oneupping and arguing outside of my house.

I'm thinking I fight most with those I have the most respect for. Either that or anyone who would provide satisfying argument.

When someone disagrees with me (at least in an issue that's important to me) I do take a bit of pleasure, I have to be honest, in rubbing it in when I'm proven right. Especially if I can walk them into their own logical trap.

Additionally the belittling isn't the biggest part of it. I mentioned it and emphasized more for the fact that I do it more than most of the people I know, but it's still not as important to me as the other end, which is finding the truth and bringing others around to the right way of thinking.

Any chance I'm more T than you? I don't know your strength of preferences, but perhaps I'm more inclined for harsh action and fighting just because I'm more insistent and imposing. Though I guess that's probably ExTx trait. I'm not really all that E though.

Uh... so this isn't me and Digest's personal thread but she got me thinking. I got pretty lazy with my Ti. Er.. at least self analysis. Sorry cats.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

One more thing.

This is how I act with my ESTJ dad. He's a REAL pain, but I just say nothing or nod or whatever until he's said enough that I can run him into a wall with his own words, or if it's just too small an issue (ESxJs, man...) for me to care enough.

Unless I'm in a particularly argumentative mood.

MBTI
    ENTP

no.

✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Okay, I have been thinking about this. Sometimes I find hyperactive Ne can join dots that don't really belong joined, but once the connection's been made, if we don't realise in time that the connection's false, then we'll soon find all the faulty conclusions being drawn from it tumbling out pêlle-mêlle. For me it's usually a case of "Connecting dot X with dot 3.24, the logical conclusion is..." and the conclusion would be logical if X and 3.24 were actually related in the way I perceived them to be - but they're not, so my conclusion is illogical.
    My dots are just fine thank you. I went to a lot of trouble to match them to my drapes and get the feng shui juuusst right. So no more badmouthing my connecting skills, nnnkay? :1377:

--> Alright perhaps we have different senses of humor (everyone, this is a RHETORICAL statement). And yes the above was a joke.

But seriously Substitute, since you went to the trouble of writing a thoughtful and even-keeled (perhaps to head off my 'hyperactive Ne') response I will respond with my own thoughtful and even-keeled response over the long holiday here in the states.

Though I'm not sure how I'm supposed to take 'hyperactive Ne' -- if I actually knew what that meant I'm sure I would be vaguely insulted.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    But seriously Substitute, since you went to the trouble of writing a thoughtful and even-keeled (perhaps to head off my 'hyperactive Ne') response I will respond with my own thoughtful and even-keeled response over the long holiday here in the states.
    Must you? Heh, it's not that I don't respect your views and all, but this topic's getting kinda old now and my attention span's about had it

Though I'm not sure how I'm supposed to take 'hyperactive Ne' -- if I actually knew what that meant I'm sure I would be vaguely insulted.
    No need to be, I meant it about myself as well - any type can potentially at times find their dominant function getting a bit carried away, in our case it's Ne, which can have that effect I described. I certainly didn't mean any insult
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Oberon

no.

Well, I guess that explains the corn kernels...