User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Thread: Rant on ENTPs

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    no, i'm not contradicting myself, and i am sure of my ground.

one, i did attempt to brush it off at first, and that was called defensive and unENTPlike. which led to two, while i don't care what others think about me, i DO care about truth. so, i was attempting to straighten out a type confusion. the fact that i'm the one whose type is being challenged is why i'm using myself as an example.

and, now i'm put in a position to where i either answer you and try to explain my reasoning and be misinterpreted by yet another asshole... this time as having low self-confidence, or ignore you to what, just prove to you that i do have self-confidence by brushing off your comment?

blow it out your ass.
    Your attitude and response are out of proportion to the question asked. You are rude and lack respect to someone who only lightly challenges you.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I don't think she does at all... I can imagine her saying all of that with a quite calm voice - it's the kind of thing I'd just say deadpan too, in a casual way, sorta 'FYI', while barely looking up from my newspaper.
    which is exactly how i was saying it. i'm simply not a big emoticon user, and unfortunately, a lot of people seem to need that.

as an example, because i'm amused by the absolute absurdity of how so many people can be so wrong and yet still be so very ballsy as to accuse someone else of motivations they can't possibly know, i was grinning when i told maverick to blow it out his ass. actually, i'm grinning when making most of my posts.

it would seriously take a hell of a lot to make me angry.
    Last edited by digesthisickness; 11-08-2007 at 08:21 PM. Reason: left out a word... oops
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Your attitude and response are out of proportion to the question asked. You are rude and lack respect to someone who only lightly challenges you.
    ...and with that, i like me even more.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    ...and with that, i like me even more.
    And I like you even less.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    And I like you even less.
    oh, well, there's your mistake. you think i should care.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Something I have noticed about ENTP's online is that there language often comes across as very angry or aggressive. Then I think to myself, "wait a minute, I hardly ever talk with that tone". The thing is that ENTP's in RL are not particularly aggressive (compared to say ExTJ's), but they are unusually blunt. So when you take away the laugh and grin and general jovial nature of the ENTP and just listen to what they say it can sound pretty aggressive or angry. So I think that is why it can sound that way when you read what they say on the internet. In reality the ENTP is usually laughing to themself while making fun of you.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com
    Likes kingdranite liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP

You're bang on Laser.

I've often thought to myself that I don't know why I bother posting on forums because I find it so draining, exhausting and stressful sometimes to have myself constantly misread as aggressive and mean. I wonder why the hell I'd want to sit here and be seen that way, when in RL I'm just as you say - very laid back, jovial, friendly etc., and at least half what I say is mocking myself!

It's like the text format presents us a whole new challenge - to try to put across our happy go lucky nature in text format, stripped of all those face-to-face intuitive cues and body language stuff that we so much rely on and thrive on in person. I do find it amazing though, how things I say here that I know I'd get away with in RL and nobody would hold against me, I get really pounced on.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Something I have noticed about ENTP's online is that there language often comes across as very angry or aggressive. Then I think to myself, "wait a minute, I hardly ever talk with that tone". The thing is that ENTP's in RL are not particularly aggressive (compared to say ExTJ's), but they are unusually blunt. So when you take away the laugh and grin and general jovial nature of the ENTP and just listen to what they say it can sound pretty aggressive or angry. So I think that is why it can sound that way when you read what they say on the internet. In reality the ENTP is usually laughing to themself while making fun of you.
    except for the wording of that last line as i generally 'make fun of' things and situations and 'tease' people (though, i'm pretty sure that's what you meant), i couldn't agree with you more!!

it is so true, and other than just letting people get to know me, i haven't found an answer for this problem.

an emoticon would make things much easier, but sadly, i haven't been able to find a 'grin' one that conveys this kind of thing. it would have to be a very special emoticon because when i tease then i do it with a grin while speaking in a deadpan way or sometimes only grinning afterwards. it's a hard one to explain, but i wish i could find one that could do it.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    You're bang on Laser.

I've often thought to myself that I don't know why I bother posting on forums because I find it so draining, exhausting and stressful sometimes to have myself constantly misread as aggressive and mean. I wonder why the hell I'd want to sit here and be seen that way, when in RL I'm just as you say - very laid back, jovial, friendly etc., and at least half what I say is mocking myself!

It's like the text format presents us a whole new challenge - to try to put across our happy go lucky nature in text format, stripped of all those face-to-face intuitive cues and body language stuff that we so much rely on and thrive on in person. I do find it amazing though, how things I say here that I know I'd get away with in RL and nobody would hold against me, I get really pounced on.
    bingo bingo fucking BING-GO.

as a matter of fact, just approach the last two quotes as if this ENTP said them too.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ

Cerebral Artery

MBTI
    ENTP

Somehow I don't think this was the intention of the thread, but fuck it...

ENTP group hug!!!

LMAO
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen