User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 203

Thread: Rant on ENTPs

  1. #101
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    ENTPs are Ne-dominated, which means they are interested in the thought processes/ behaviors of others and how that interconnects and relates to others- even if they know something they personally feel is wrong or right. For you to assert and dominate that your judgment is correct over all others without asking their opinion indicates an ISFP personality, which is what I think you are.
    I highly doubt this is simply Ne related. Look at all the types on this board seeking to understand.

    p.s. i'm pretty confident of her being an ENTP.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  2. #102
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I highly doubt this is simply Ne related. Look at all the types on this board seeking to understand.

    p.s. i'm pretty confident of her being an ENTP.
    Alright then, I would have to ask what makes you so confident? Since ENTPs seems to be a minority on this board:

    1. How many ENTPs have you known in person?

    2. What is your relationship to digest to make you think she is an ENTP?

    3. What is your personality type?

    4. What is your population sample? And your personal judgments on ENTPs?

  3. #103
    Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    God, I want to smack ESTJs sometimes... No offense, I'm just basing it off the Very Large Population Sample I have known For A Long Time.


    I've known digest for quite a while on the boards. She's an ENTP. Get over it.


    I... suppose. Yeah!

  4. #104
    ✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    p.s. i'm pretty confident of her being an ENTP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post
    God, I want to smack ESTJs sometimes... No offense, I'm just basing it off the Very Large Population Sample I have known For A Long Time.


    I've known digest for quite a while on the boards. She's an ENTP. Get over it.
    thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    ENTPs are Ne-dominated, which means they are interested in the thought processes/ behaviors of others and how that interconnects and relates to others- even if they know something they personally feel is wrong or right.
    yes, we are. very much so. however, that doesn't mean we never come to a conclusion about our findings. if we didn't, we'd never be able to move on to the next thought. what, you think that because we're curious that we just stay confused indefinitely about the same thing?

    in order to learn, you have to decide at some point that you've figured something out to a reasonable degree.

    For you to assert and dominate that your judgment is correct over all others...
    am i supposed to not know myself? am i supposed to think you know me better and give you an ear because you read a few posts? i've self-analyzed myself since birth. i guarantee you, i know who i am as well as you know you.

    ...without asking their opinion indicates an ISFP personality which is what I think you are.
    really. well, i don't think you're hot or male. you'll have to prove it to my satisfaction.

    Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    Alright then, I would have to ask what makes you so confident? Since ENTPs seems to be a minority on this board:

    1. How many ENTPs have you known in person?

    2. What is your relationship to digest to make you think she is an ENTP?

    3. What is your personality type?

    4. What is your population sample? And your personal judgments on ENTPs?
    i know the one you're speaking about better than you or anyone else does. concentrate on you, and try waiting for others to ask for your opinion about their innermost workings before giving it. that'll be your big clue that they need you.

    as for me and my type. i never asked, so think what you want, i'm done defending something i shouldn't have to defend in the first place.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥


    Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

  5. #105
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    For you to assert and dominate that your judgment is correct over all others without asking their opinion indicates an ISFP personality, which is what I think you are.


    I must remember this for the future...

  6. #106
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    thank you!



    yes, we are. very much so. however, that doesn't mean we never come to a conclusion about our findings. if we didn't, we'd never be able to move on to the next thought. what, you think that because we're curious that we just stay confused indefinitely about the same thing?

    in order to learn, you have to decide at some point that you've figured something out to a reasonable degree.



    am i supposed to not know myself? am i supposed to think you know me better and give you an ear because you read a few posts? i've self-analyzed myself since birth. i guarantee you, i know who i am as well as you know you.



    really. well, i don't think you're hot or male. you'll have to prove it to my satisfaction.



    i know the one you're speaking about better than you or anyone else does. concentrate on you, and try waiting for others to ask for your opinion about their innermost workings before giving it. that'll be your big clue that they need you.

    as for me and my type. i never asked, so think what you want, i'm done defending something i shouldn't have to defend in the first place.
    Well no need to get touchy and defensive digest. I was just throwing out some ideas out there, and you didn't have to take it as a personal attack. I'm just curious about your personality type is all.

    It's interesting you say you self-analyzed yourself since birth. It indicates that you are what you personally analyze which it typical of introverts. However, given that your personality type is accurate of you (and remember I'm just a newbie to the MBTI theory ) I would think you would want to integrate other people's analyses as well.

    Oh well, we're all so different aren't we?

  7. #107
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post


    I must remember this for the future...
    I actually like ISFPs. But being that they are coming from a completely opposite point of view, our thinking styles are responses are different, but most ISFPs I've personally known have been great people.

  8. #108
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    i'm done defending something i shouldn't have to defend in the first place.
    You're good, gal, you're good. *slings an arm around you* I'd know an ENTP if I were blind in one eye and deaf in both ears.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  9. #109
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    I actually like ISFPs. But being that they are coming from a completely opposite point of view, our thinking styles are responses are different, but most ISFPs I've personally known have been great people.

    An ISFP would be an excellent match for you. My mother is an ESTJ and I've pushed her in the direction of ISFPs many a time because she has a great rapport with them.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  10. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    An ISFP would be an excellent match for you. My mother is an ESTJ and I've pushed her in the direction of ISFPs many a time because she has a great rapport with them.
    I find them very intense and thoughtful. Why did you push your mother towards ISFPs out of curiosity? What sort of types were she dating previously?

    I've never set my mother up on a date, but then again, we never really saw eye to eye on relationship matters.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTJ] Rant on ENTJs
    By Maverick in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 02:50 PM
  2. [MBTItm] short rant on NFs
    By sakuraba in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 227
    Last Post: 11-29-2008, 10:38 PM
  3. A short rant on chivalry
    By Sniffles in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 09:37 PM
  4. [INTJ] Rant on INTJs
    By Usehername in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 04:28 PM
  5. [INTP] Rant on INTPs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO