• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Going for the original award, would you date me?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interests in topic much like AO's, would prefer serious discussion over fluff posts (ie. Dave/Nocap's thread). :D

In real life, I'm less 'present' than I am on the forums in general and towards people I do not know/am not interested in. But in a romantic relationship, my presence tend to exponentially increase. I tike to completely tunnelview my devotion. Even moreso than what I portray on the forums. I tend to be extremely optimistic and I deal with problems and frustrations quickly and most effectively.

I'm sure most of you have an idea of what I portray based on my many posts on the forum. Both serious posts and fluff posts, I am much the same in real life. I like to fool around and play as much as the next guy, but I can switch to complete serious mode if I want or need to just as easily. And even then, when i am playful, I have my serious agenda's as well.

My biggest flaw is trying to influence people. Despite the fact I adore naturality and authenticity, I do love to push boundaries and expand. This can be pressuring and may spark of extremely awkward situations if you are not open or ready for it.

I like to explore and pleasure my Ti with new information. Which can be seen as if I am using you. But that is mainly how I show affection. I don't do this if I don't like you, a lot.

This can be seen that on the enneagram scale, my 5 and 7 are much higher than the rest.

Hypothetically, do you think you could deal with me, and do I interest you enough to date me? I'd love to hear your arguements, types and (honest) opinions!

PS: This is not to seek out a date, but to attain more information based on what type people I may focus on more in the future! I have already admitted that my past relationships have not been particularly successful so this does interest me.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
*smiles*

I would..you'd be fun as a toy I think :D

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
You already know what I think of you, but you can ask me more questions if you like.

(why am I just seeing this thread now?)

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well aside from obvious conflicting details, sure.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*smiles*

I would..you'd be fun as a toy I think :D

That's what you NF's always seem to think of me! But do you also have arguementation to back up your claim? Knowing that life is not all about being a toy? And knowing that I will toy at least as much with you, as you would with me?

You already know what I think of you, but you can ask me more questions if you like.

(why am I just seeing this thread now?)

I do! But so far you are the only female NT I know that has that view. :D

Granted, I do not know many. :)

I might have questions later after more people responded with thoughtful posts. I'm fishing for some responses first. ;)

Costrin said:
Well aside from obvious conflicting details, sure.

From what I seem to notice in relation to other INTP's is that there usually is a competition of some kind going on at all times. If the competition can stay healthy and fun I see no objection to dating though!

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Ok. I'll try to be more helpful then.
Your English is superior, but if we dated, I would wish that I spoke Dutch as well. So then I would have to learn yet another language and I never liked Dutch. And learning it would fuck up and confuse my German. So that's an instant strike against this.

Your age is another matter, but you seem to have a level of maturity (mentally and economically) higher than other European men your age. So that's a half plus.

You have a great sense of humor, with just a tinge of sarcasm, but you know when to cut the shit out when it gets too far - which gives you an advantage over other INTPs.

You are not shy to ask for attention if feeling neglected, and I most certainly would inadvertently neglect you while pursuing other thoughts (I remember the what pictures symbolize posters thread - I thought that was cute).

You don't seem to have any obvious hang ups or walls to break through, and you seem outgoing enough even though you couldn't keep up with me by a long shot. But that's ok, it's nice to have someone waiting for you when you get home. Another plus.

Yeah, I'd date you.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
From what I seem to notice in relation to other INTP's is that there usually is a competition of some kind going on at all times. If the competition can stay healthy and fun I see no objection to dating though!

lol. I meant age and gender and location and various stuff like that.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interests in topic much like AO's, would prefer serious discussion over fluff posts (ie. Dave/Nocap's thread). :D

In real life, I'm less 'present' than I am on the forums in general and towards people I do not know/am not interested in. But in a romantic relationship, my presence tend to exponentially increase. I tike to completely tunnelview my devotion. Even moreso than what I portray on the forums. I tend to be extremely optimistic and I deal with problems and frustrations quickly and most effectively.

I'm sure most of you have an idea of what I portray based on my many posts on the forum. Both serious posts and fluff posts, I am much the same in real life. I like to fool around and play as much as the next guy, but I can switch to complete serious mode if I want or need to just as easily. And even then, when i am playful, I have my serious agenda's as well.

My biggest flaw is trying to influence people. Despite the fact I adore naturality and authenticity, I do love to push boundaries and expand. This can be pressuring and may spark of extremely awkward situations if you are not open or ready for it.

I like to explore and pleasure my Ti with new information. Which can be seen as if I am using you. But that is mainly how I show affection. I don't do this if I don't like you, a lot.

This can be seen that on the enneagram scale, my 5 and 7 are much higher than the rest.

Hypothetically, do you think you could deal with me, and do I interest you enough to date me? I'd love to hear your arguements, types and (honest) opinions!

PS: This is not to seek out a date, but to attain more information based on what type people I may focus on more in the future! I have already admitted that my past relationships have not been particularly successful so this does interest me.

I could deal with you. I have no idea, in regards to interest except for the fact that you are the same gender so I can garuntee you there is absolutely no interest. I don't have any arguments, just statements.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ok. I'll try to be more helpful then.
Your English is superior, but if we dated, I would wish that I spoke Dutch as well. So then I would have to learn yet another language and I never liked Dutch. And learning it would fuck up and confuse my German. So that's an instant strike against this.

Your age is another matter, but you seem to have a level of maturity (mentally and economically) higher than other European men your age. So that's a half plus.

You have a great sense of humor, with just a tinge of sarcasm, but you know when to cut the shit out when it gets too far - which gives you an advantage over other INTPs.

You are not shy to ask for attention if feeling neglected, and I most certainly would inadvertently neglect you while pursuing other thoughts (I remember the what pictures symbolize posters thread - I thought that was cute).

You don't seem to have any obvious hang ups or walls to break through, and you seem outgoing enough even though you couldn't keep up with me by a long shot. But that's ok, it's nice to have someone waiting for you at home. Another plus.

Yeah, I'd date you.

Just to note, learning Dutch would only be an issue if you're the one moving to me, hypothetically. I find myself thinking in english moreso than I am thinking in dutch anyway. :D

Thanks greatly for the thoughts, they are much appreciated!

I might take you on about trying to keep up with you as well. Like I said, I don't back down easily when I have my focus on something. I'm am not afraid to hit my head a fair few times. If I can handle my job (which I can within certain parameters), I think I could handle you. :smile:

As far as interest in romantic relationships go, I've always been involved with F females in the past, but recently I'm starting to think a T female would probably be a much better match for me. :yes:

I think I often come on too strong. It's comparable to an obsession. At least for as long as there is positive feedback.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
lol. I meant age and gender and location and various stuff like that.

:D Yes, those are natural and of no interest to me in this topic though. This is purely on an intellectual level.

Besides, I'm extremely held back from long distance relationships due to the obvious complications of my real life situation as well as other peoples situations.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
:D Yes, those are natural and of no interest to me in this topic though. This is purely on an intellectual level.

Besides, I'm extremely held back from long distance relationships due to the obvious complications of my real life situation as well as other peoples situations.

In other words, you have a phobia of flying.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Just to note, learning Dutch would only be an issue if you're the one moving to me, hypothetically. I find myself thinking in english moreso than I am thinking in dutch anyway. :D

I still don't think you get me. I would have to learn your language. It wouldn't even be an option. I need to speak to you in your own language when I need to hammer a point home in a debate. I would need to be able to communicate with your friends, if I had to. Also, it would bother me to no end that there is something you know and I don't. Welcome to the World of Crazy. Still want that T chick?

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In other words, you have a phobia of flying.

It's a little bit more of a responsibilities issue than anything else. And next to that, apart from the occasional short time i can get off. I don't have many free days to go anywhere.

Unless I stop persuing my work's interests, in which case I would not be capable of doing the job I do anymore and I'd have to shift the responsibilities onto someone else effectively quitting my job, which is a rather tough descision, based on the fact that relationships have not been a strong point for me in my past. I'd have to be absolutely sure before I give up my 'life'. And I won't be absolutely sure unless I get to spend a lot of time with said person in question. And I won't be able to spend that time, while I hang on to my job. Thus I limit myself to people closeby. ;)

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I still don't think you get me. I would have to learn your language. It wouldn't even be an option. I need to speak to you in your own language when I need to hammer a point home in a debate. I would need to be able to communicate with your friends, if I had to. Also, it would bother me to no end that there is something you know and I don't. Welcome to the World of Crazy. Still want that T chick?

Maybe Fluffywolf would prefer a SANE "T" chick.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Maybe Fluffywolf would prefer a SANE "T" chick.

Oh, I'm sane. But the world is crazy.
Wouldn't you make an effort to learn your SO's language?

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, I'm sane. But the world is crazy.
Wouldn't you make an effort to learn your SO's language?

Not for the point of debates. My approach would have a more sensitive and caring side of it.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Haha, fair enough. The needing to know everything I do might be a big obstacle! I know a lot of boring crap. :smile:

And I'm still interested in getting to know T chicks. ;)

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Not for the point of debates. My approach would have a more sensitive and caring side of it.

Who cares what the reasons are? The end result is the same.
(and btw, I think your reason is weirder :tongue:)

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Who cares what the reasons are? The end result is the same.
(and btw, I think your reason is weirder :tongue:)

People care for one. If you aren't sane, of course my reasons are going to appear weird.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Haha, fair enough. The needing to know everything I do might be a big obstacle! I know a lot of boring crap. :smile:

And I'm still interested in getting to know T chicks. ;)

I don't need to know everything that you know, but it would kill me that you spoke for hours laughing with your parents, and I would not understand a single word. I would feel so distant from you. If we ever had kids, I wouldn't know what you would be saying to them. You get what I'm saying?