User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    entp

Default When does perseverance turn to futility

i need some NT to speak in my language and explain this to me cuz i don't know where to stop

i cant remember giving up on anything i thought was worthwhile pursuing...but things change, right?

MBTI
    SEXY

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

For me, perseverance becomes futile when I have more important things to do with the time I am spending on it. For example, the result is not worth the time spent, and I have something else to do which I believe to be more important.

This is not just based on personal preference but also based on societal standards. (Especially when it comes to work related issues.) There are many times I persevere because I believe I need to, not because I want too. Thus, importance of the project is more important that personal preference.

When that happens it is basicly a conscious choice.

If I have nothing better to do anyway, I may persevere out of sheer boredom. But this does not happen much at all. There's almost always other stuff in my head I can focus on.

I'd love to go way deeper in the subject, but I think this is about all there is to it to me. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

^^this.

And if something starting to be harmful to you. If something is damaging, causing you to feel too many emotions.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Socionics
    ESFP

If you get stuck then you postpone it, even years later you can come back to it.

MBTI
    XNTJ

I'm glad I have friends that keep me in line when I go into preserverence is everything mode. I can over-do my love of challenges sometimes, perhaps.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    ^^this.

And if something starting to be harmful to you. If something is damaging, causing you to feel too many emotions.
    so feeling emotions is a bad thing? then how the hell is this world ever gonna find the motivation to solve the hunger problem...but thats calls for another thread

i currently choose to believe that 'if its not happy, its not the end'...

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I meant to say negative emotions, which can be damaging if you are constantly swimming in them and don't recognize it.

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    For me, perseverance becomes futile when I have more important things to do with the time I am spending on it. For example, the result is not worth the time spent, and I have something else to do which I believe to be more important.

This is not just based on personal preference but also based on societal standards. (Especially when it comes to work related issues.) There are many times I persevere because I believe I need to, not because I want too. Thus, importance of the project is more important that personal preference.

When that happens it is basicly a conscious choice.

If I have nothing better to do anyway, I may persevere out of sheer boredom. But this does not happen much at all. There's almost always other stuff in my head I can focus on.

I'd love to go way deeper in the subject, but I think this is about all there is to it to me. :P

spoken like a true rational...i think that way about daily life too

MBTI
    entp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I meant to say negative emotions, which can be damaging if you are constantly swimming in them and don't recognize it.

oh right...yeah makes sense