• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to seduce as an INTP

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Of course I want to be loved (and to love my partner). I was just pointing how nobody questions the worth of a person that asks for love (whereas when someone asks for protection, or security, or material possessions, that very questions rises).
Of course it would be questioned, if the proposal was that you demand love but refuse to offer it. Your posts in this thread suggest a sense of entitlement, which I find distasteful in either sex. But perhaps you misrepresent yourself.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hey now... when INTJs pass judgments it usually deals with condemnation of weakness and incompetence ruining the efficiency of our immediate world.

Your whoring is your own problem (and I guess bluemonday's as well).

I apparently was not clear as to my context. I meant the thought processs of comming up with judgement not contextual bias. No offense.

Also whoreing is when you get paid. And I am not a manwhore Mr. ATM.:devil:

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Of course it would be questioned, if the proposal was that you demand love but refuse to offer it. Your posts in this thread suggest a sense of entitlement, which I find distasteful in either sex. But perhaps you misrepresent yourself.

:) Gee, thanks. I bet that if I were a guy, you would have found it more sociable acceptable if I said I needed my spouse to take care of kids and the house.

Everybody with a normal, healthy self respect feels entitled to having his/her demands met. Of course, only few do admit to it. I believe this is what on the NT forum is called "having high standards".

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My rules for conversation:
  1. Don't take small talk literally.
  2. Don't delve into quantum mechanics until AT LEAST 30 minutes after the conversation has begun.
  3. Spend as much time talking as listening. (and vice versa)
  4. Don't make jokes about the death of cute forest creatures.
  5. Don't initiate a conversation about morality. However, you may participate in the aforementioned discussion if the other person initiated it.
  6. Don't say things just to test people's reactions; most don't like that.
  7. It's a conversation, not an argument; don't get so devoted to winning.
  8. Don't point out flaws in the other person's speech.
  9. Tread carefully when talking about the other person's appearance or physique.
  10. In casual conversation, it's usually best to turn off "critic mode."
  11. The other person has eyes; make eye contact. However, do not stare them down.
(These rules may not apply if the other person broke them first.)

That being said, I break most of them on a regular basis.

Also, I shall raise my hand. :hi:

There are people out there who really appreciate if you do do these stuff.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
+1

Also, pickup lines are not a good thing, not even joking about them, a billion times turnoff for me anyway.

Humour, teasing, even being a tad cruel, (but still showing you like/are interested in) the person is the best way to go if you're no expert imo.

Actually, apparently some pick up lines seem to work!

Click

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Thats a very good list Kathara. If discourse is the objective then civility is preferable. +1 even as a repost if not for the mere sake of timing.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Actually, apparently some pick up lines seem to work!

Click

I personally am not a fan of "pickup lines".

Preferable are "openers". When pickup lines do work it is mainly because they are better than no line and are essentially openers/corny joke. Another reason is they tend to be "de facto" close ended or rhetorical questions Despite what the media would have us believe, the content of openers are mostly irrelevant as long as they are not totally lame or creepy.

This is why the “3 second rule” is a valuable tactic, particularly in the beginning.

Last edited:

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
this thread...i really hope this is all an elaborate joke.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
this thread...i really hope this is all an elaborate joke.

Obviously, but it has real world implications. I was viewing this thread in my school library last night when an odd stranger walked by my computer, stopped, then pointed to the screen and said "Wow that's a really sweet avatar! It's like a twisted Alice in Wonderland thing..." Of course, that was your avatar. Considering how socially awkward the guy seemed, it's safe to assume he could've been an INTP, in which case, it seems you (or at least your avatar) are the secret to seducing socially inept INTPs.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
Thanks for those links spamtar, I'll check those books out when i have time.

Has anyone dated or was in relationship with INFP? The girl i fell in love with was INFP and this made me realize that I want to marry an INFP. I think having a relationship with INFP will help me grow more as a person. I think INTP and INFP is perfect match.

kathara

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

Has anyone dated or was in relationship with INFP? The girl i fell in love with was INFP and this made me realize that I want to marry an INFP. I think having a relationship with INFP will help me grow more as a person. I think INTP and INFP is perfect match.

INFPs are annoying as hell.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you read the post you would see my argument was that your indictment lacks any factual foundation short of what would be seen at a witch trial. In other words it is merely a rant.
lol. Call it what you will. You endorse the practice, I disdain it. What strikes me is not that you have this attitude towards your "targets" - I'm sure it's not that uncommon amongst males of a certain age and disposition - it's that you hold it up as something admirable and to be emulated. That's just....weird, to me, aar.
My PUA ethic specifically stated "leave the target in a better place than where you found them.
Where's that? The afterglow? ;)
Smacks of arrogant rationalization to me.
A con artist is a confidence scammer who generally steals by misrepresentation of fact. Never did I ever endorse lying or theft. If sex is a material gain is benefit acquired by consent and as a gift not to mention the giver is also the recipient of pleasure. In fact I see it primarily as my gift to the target.
No doubt you do.

I see it as manipulation and not a long way away from slipping a roofie into someone's drink. Although I guess that's less of a challenge.

You speak of using NLP, "engineering", "gaming" and "dominating a conundrum". You have fallen into the NT trap of viewing people as a system; as a problem to be solved, or a resource to be exploited, rather than as individuals with their own wants and needs. That's practically the definition of sociopathic. And it is not honest. If you were able to obtain your goal by honest means, you wouldn't be spending so much money on all this lousy self-help crap.

Dressing it up as anything else is merely self-delusion.

I bet that if I were a guy, you would have found it more sociable acceptable if I said I needed my spouse to take care of kids and the house.
Err. Fail.
Read my posts.

phthalocyanine

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx

INFP's can bolster INTP's confidence to trust their Fi more and show them that it's entirely possible to bring out their personal sense of values and still keep the more objective Ti analytical integrity intact.

INTPs can help give structure to INFP's ideas and thus help them figure out just why they may feel the way they do about something. positive feedback from an INTP in turn helps the INFP feel more confident in their intellect overall.

In short, the INFP offers the INTP a stronger connection with what they believe in and what possibilites they see, and the INTP offers the INFP a greater ability to confidently and systematically articulate their varied observations.

INFP-INTP discussions tend to be quite meandering, but the INFP's Ne paired with the INTP's Ti can make for some revelatory discoveries. if both can handle the headache.

there is obviously a risk with 2 IxxP's, though, such as asserting goals and implementing plans, and having an open dialogue that allows both's needs to be met.

INFPs tend to want more emotional interaction and support than an INTP would consider necessary, and INTPs tend to want more personal space and alone time than INFP's would consider preferable.

I was viewing this thread in my school library last night when an odd stranger walked by my computer, stopped, then pointed to the screen and said "Wow that's a really sweet avatar! It's like a twisted Alice in Wonderland thing..." Of course, that was your avatar. Considering how socially awkward the guy seemed, it's safe to assume he could've been an INTP, in which case, it seems you (or at least your avatar) are the secret to seducing socially inept INTPs.

olry? i better be careful with that.. :thelook:

but i've always had a soft spot for the NT's, especially the introverts (yes, INTJs are included; i think they're unfairly lambasted almost as much as INFPs.)..even before i knew what MBTI was. there's a lot of fun to be had with NFs and NTs..

We're just annoying because we know it irritates you.

oh, yeah.. i think a lot of NTs find us "annoying" because we have the propensity to bring out their fallible human emotions, frustration being the funniest of those. how naive to assume that all INF's are sugar-coated fairies! we like mischief as much as anyone..but i guess that's part of why it's so effective when it comes out, because people assume they know our boundaries and don't see it coming.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I was viewing this thread in my school library last night when an odd stranger walked by my computer, stopped, then pointed to the screen and said "Wow that's a really sweet avatar! It's like a twisted Alice in Wonderland thing..." Of course, that was your avatar. Considering how socially awkward the guy seemed, it's safe to assume he could've been an INTP.

Did you turn and say "Get lost, jive turkey!"

I know I would have.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Interesting talking to you bluemonday, but I kinda think you are a troll.

I wouldn't mind if you knew what you were talking about BM but you clearly are ignorant on the subject. This is irritating for someone who knows what they are talking about. Its like a blabbering homeless bum on LSD who wants to talk quantum physics.

You seem to have some intellect, but the rare kernels of wisdom are shadowed by a deep dark cloud of negativity.

There is a moral/ethical argument about using pick up/NLP but you are completely missing it and making yourself sound…a little crazy.

I have read some of your other posts and it seems like you get your kicks by raining on people’s parade. Your moralizing is both repugnant and mean spirited.

Nothing personal but I think it is better we, you and I, not discuss this matter any further.

Hope things work out for you and you learn to become a better person.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^lmao.

Sure. There was nothing personal in that post AT ALL. Only a ton of personal insults and throwaway p.a. last line.

I'm sorry you weren't able to discuss this rationally too. I won't insult your intelligence by wishing anything for you. (So lame!)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^ this is why I laugh at PUA books.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4

To be honest. They are all good. Try each type at least once before you settle down. If you don't you will miss out.

MBII is only a tool as is pickup stategy. I have an ESFJ who is a challenge but we are already sleeping together and I don't let it effect my perception of other prospects.

To be a seducer you need a clear head, even when you get upset. Always prepare for a contingency and have an alternate strategy. There is a concept called “commitment and consistency” people, especially Js, tend to limit there options by committing themselves to a person or a course of action even when conflicting data says otherwise. Avoid even positioning yourself towards a “Concorde fallacy”. Remain fluid and formless for optimum adaptation.

Always beware of "oneitis". It is confusing and a gamewrecker. Jealousy is also a gamewrecker. Wait until you at least sleep with a woman before you fall for her. There are 3 billion women on this planet. At least a million are better fits then the one you have in mind. Better yet get several hot prospects before committing your heart to one of them.