• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to seduce as an INTP

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I agree, for the most part, and understand. But every town or village has a culture that's unique. I have a problem with the logic that excludes large cities, as if we don't count as part of the population. It may not apply to your slice of life, but it applies to mine. If so many millions of people occupy these places, then we are certainly relevant. It's like those people who say that only the heartland and the steel mills are the "real" America. People exist in Miami, too. And the things they do in Albuquerque probably are limited to that area, as well. Do you understand what I mean?

Either way, we are in agreement, so no need to beat this thing to death. Hahaha, to your stilted bullshit comment.

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
When did I ever say I considered the topic pointless? No, just your post.

Well I found your post....

Then edit just to that, jeez.
Whiny

The whole point is be confident and look attractive right?
Ill-informed

Let me explain how to "get" a girl: you can't. Either someone likes you, or they don't.
Useless / Self-evident

But if you are really desperate........ I make the girls he's interested in relaxed and somehow me being there "vouches" for him...
and Egocentric...
....but I dont want to turn this thread into a pissing match, so I will just agree to disagree at this point and leave it at that. Happy to discuss it further via PM if you like.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I appreciate the warning on the whole insulting front! When I first dipped a toe in the pond of INTP teasing I nearly got it bit off however, I have learnt to play their game and go in with no less than full armour on! :D:D:D I love it totally though!! Love the dry wit, totally hits the spot...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually, I have seen the girl in hand means 10 will watch situation. It's actually quite entertaining and I picked up a date that way once.

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Actually, I have seen the girl in hand means 10 will watch situation. It's actually quite entertaining and I picked up a date that way once.

Yeah, the best wing-man is definitely an attractive wing-girl. All the rest of them assume there has to be something cool about you....even if there isn't. :D

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, the best wing-man is definitely an attractive wing-girl. All the rest of them assume there has to be something cool about you....even if there isn't. :D

Preeeeeecisely! :D Though it does help to look the part... :devil:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree, for the most part, and understand. But every town or village has a culture that's unique. I have a problem with the logic that excludes large cities, as if we don't count as part of the population. It may not apply to your slice of life, but it applies to mine. If so many millions of people occupy these places, then we are certainly relevant. It's like those people who say that only the heartland and the steel mills are the "real" America. People exist in Miami, too. And the things they do in Albuquerque probably are limited to that area, as well. Do you understand what I mean?

The only thing that I gather from this is that you like argument for arguments sake as opposed to clarifying the ideas of the other person. I think youre fun, but Im not doing this with you again.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The only thing that I gather from this is that you like argument for arguments sake as opposed to clarifying the ideas of the other person. I think youre fun, but Im not doing this with you again.

Dismissive and haughty... yeah, we won't be crossing paths again for sure.

Eris

MBTI Type
IsTP
Go up to a person who knows you kind of well and give em a good not-so-common blatant mushy comment or a sexual innuendo. Their expressions of "WTF, where the hell did that just come from?!?" are priceless. Then become stoic again before they can respond properly and watch them squirm. :devil:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MOST GUYS ARE UNAWARE OF WHAT THEY'RE DOING

Most of us guys are running around doing things
that we're not even AWARE of. Or if we are aware
of what we're DOING, we're NOT aware of what OTHER
people (particularly women) think of our
behaviors.

Also, most of us guys allow others to control
MOST or even all of how we act. Now, we won't
ADMIT that we try to do or say whatever we think
will please a woman, and we won't ADMIT that we're
even mentally anticipating what she's going to
think and acting on it... but it's happening.

And it's happening ALL THE TIME.

In fact, if most of us could just get a
realistic look at how much we're trying to read
women's minds and act in a way that pleases women,
we'd BITCH-SLAP ourselves silly and we'd mentally
yell to ourselves "HEY, WAKE UP!"
Started out promising.

"Don't worry about the DOGS,
concentrate on selling the FOXES".
Quickly went to hell.

I hope you didn't give this guy too much of your money... I admire him, really. It takes a great bullshitter to have someone willingly give you their money for teaching them how to overcome insecurity, by attacking their insecurities. Bravo.

Now, there's a bridge I have that you might be interested in...

Let me explain how to "get" a girl: you can't. Either someone likes you, or they don't. And even after that initial attraction, there is compatibility to be thought about.
QFT.

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
"Don't worry about the DOGS,
concentrate on selling the FOXES".

Quickly went to hell.

I think you took this the wrong way. It isn't about physical appearance.

The quote was from a marketing guy. I have also heard this quote (again related to advertising and marketing) as "you should concentrate on selling the foxes and don’t worry about offending the dogs."

In fox hunting there are usually 10-15 dogs and one fox in the game.

In other words don't worry about offending or alienating the 95% who have no interest in your product and will never become a customer no matter what you say or do or how much money you spend to target them. You should put your time, money and effort where your prospects really are.

Applied to dating, if someone is:
- In a relationship
- Feels you are not their type
- Thinks you are too short, or ugly, or weird, etc....
- Is emotionally unstable
- Only like brunettes & you are a blond
- or whatever....

Don't waste your time on them...move-on to find someone who *is* interested in you. It's basically what you quoted "Either someone likes you, or they don't." But more like "either someone is interested in you or they aren't".

The only thing I have paid for is David Cunningham “THE Man’s Guide to Great Relationships and Marriage” ebook. It was $40 very well spent. There are plenty of free articles from the other two I mentioned to get the gist of the good points they have to make, and it is easy enough to dismiss the rest of it.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The only thing I have paid for is David Cunningham “THE Man’s Guide to Great Relationships and Marriage” ebook. It was $40 very well spent. There are plenty of free articles from the other two I mentioned to get the gist of the good points they have to make, and it is easy enough to dismiss the rest of it.

I have three questions then.

1) We're you pulling "hottest in the room types" before you bought these books?
2) What type of women have you met with these techniques (beyond the fact that she was physically attractive)?
3) Have you had a relationship more substantial than a hook-up with any girl youve met using these techniques?

weminuche

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I have three questions then.

1) We're you pulling "hottest in the room types" before you bought these books?

2) What type of women have you met with these techniques (beyond the fact that she was physically attractive)?
3) Have you had a relationship more substantial than a hook-up with any girl youve met using these techniques?

Yes & there aren't any techniques per say that interest me. I'm never going to do anything or act any way that isnt "me". It would be pointless, bec. the real you will come out eventually.

I have leaned some things that make sense in hindsight though. Most of things I have learned have more to do with maintaining a relationship than picking up girls. Take 15 minutes and read this and let me know whart you think...

This guy basically takes some of the better concepts of the other two and puts it into a more mature and realistic framework targeted toward improving relationships.

http://www.makingherhappy.com/Break-Up%20Busting%20101%20Free%20Report.PDF

A-J

MBTI Type
INTP
This guy basically takes some of the better concepts of the other two and puts it into a more mature and realistic framework targeted toward improving relationships.

http://www.makingherhappy.com/Break-Up%20Busting%20101%20Free%20Report.PDF

Too bad he leaves out the vital chapter: "How to keep your sanity living in a minefield with someone who refuses to take responsibility for their own actions, feelings and unrealistic expectations". I sure fail to see what I could get out of a relationship (or even associating with such people) where most of those things were necessary (besides sex, and it isn't worth That much). "Funnily" enough, my female friends tend to agree with me here.
So, any takers? What is a guy supposed to get out of such relationship?

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I try to weed out the people who can't take some responsability for themselves. I know I'll be single for a while based on that alone, but I create enough stress in my life to be responsable for.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
Glad I found this forum. I'm INTP and I have never been out on a date. I'm very confidence. So I asked out many girls but 0% success. I went to parties. 0%. I tried different method, just tell them how i really felt. That didn't work either.

0% rate is really starting to bother me. I mean I been asking girls out for couple years now. I don't sound "desperate". I'm starting to wonder what's wrong with me. I'm a great guy to be with. I know I can be very quite and socially awaward.

This is how things goes mostly.
1. start a conversation (it can be anything depending on the situation).
2. small talk 5-10minutes usually but can be longer or shorter depending on situation
3. ask em out on a date if i want to get to know them little bit more.
4. usually they smile and give em their number
5. i call them 2 days later ( I wait two days cause i don't want to look desperate or anything)
6. phone is either off or they don't pick up. I leave a message and if they call then it's a date if they don't call than i forget about it cause i'm not gonna call them and leave bunch of messages.
7. If they do pick up, small talk for like a minute or two," how are you" or "remember me". than i say are you free friday night, they say no. than they say " I'll call you when I have free time" They never call.

Suprising I have never gotten a fake number. I even asked for a girls number I just met. I walked up to her and talked for like a minute and asked for her number. at first she was like WTF face but she gave me her number.

think2much

MBTI Type
intp
oh being "friends" first doesn't work with me btw. don't ask why it's just not logic