• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] How to seduce as an INTP

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh I find them pretty funny, that was not in question. Just a bit misplaced. :D

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
Whats a beatiful girl like you doing in a place like this and NOT sleeping with me? :cheese:
:doh: definitely not.
I get it, like this?
2j0ffnn.jpg
stop being so pessimistic ;)
Hello... Ehh...

... *checks pockets* ...

ehh.. One second..

..*checks last pocket and looks around.*..

..Damnit...

*look into the eyes, dead serious* I lost my pick up line.
:wubbie:

THE REST OF YOU! take notes from this guy.

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
let's see what happens when apply my INTP analysis to this .. Some preliminary research. (This might give insight into how INTPs think in general? idk)

Going through my research path and see if there's a pattern that emerges.

American Family Reference Dictionary

seduce -
1. to lead astray, entice away from duty or rectitude; corrupt. 2. to induce (a woman) to surrender her chastity. 3. to lead, or draw away, as from principles, faith, or allegiance. 4. to win over, entice. syn. 1. beguile, inveigle. See tempt

notable quotations

“Seduce my mind and you can have my body, find my soul and I'm yours forever...”
Insight into how to seduce

“You can seduce a man without taking anything off, without even touching him” - Rae Dawn Chong
Insight into the seduction practice

“When the Devil quotes Scriptures, it's not, really, to deceive, but simply that the masses are so ignorant of theology that somebody has to teach them the elementary texts before he can seduce them” - Paul Goodman
Insight into mechanics of seduction: teaching as precursor to seduction. Implies common ground is requires, just as it is necessary in diplomacy.

“It is not enough to conquer; one must also know how to seduce” - Voltaire
Insight into necessity of seduction

"Seduction is always more singular and sublime than sex and it commands the higher price" - Jean Baudrillard
Insight into nuances of seduction

"All great lovers are articulate, and verbal seduction is the surest road to actual seduction" - Marya Mannes
Insight into forms of seduction

"It is your work in life that is the ultimate seduction" - Pablo Picasso
Insight into degree or effectiveness of seduction

"Seduction is often difficult to distinguish from rape. In seduction, the rapist bothers to buy a bottle of wine" - Andrea Dworkin
Insight into technique/philosophy of seduction

"That false sense of security is part of the seduction" - Tiger Woods
Insight into seduction tactics

philosophy dictionary/wiki
no help

wiki link
In sociology, seduction (also called inveigling or wheedling) is the process of deliberately enticing a person to engage in some sort of sexual behavior. The word seduction stems from Latin and means literally "to lead astray." As a result, the term may have a positive or negative connotation. Famous seducers from history or legend include Giacomo Casanova and the character Don Juan.[1]
Seduction, seen negatively, involves temptation and enticement, often sexual in nature, to lead someone astray into a behavioural choice they would not have made if they were not in a state of sexual arousal. Seen positively, seduction is a synonym for the act of charming someone — male or female — by an appeal to the senses, often with the goal of reducing unfounded fears and leading to their (sexual) emancipation. The seducing agent may even be nonhuman, such as music or food. In contemporary academic debate, therefore, the morality of seduction depends on the long-term impacts on the individuals concerned, rather than the act itself, and may not necessarily carry the negative connotations expressed in dictionary definitions[2].
-------------------------------------------

So it seems that the big idea of seduction is to have sex with a target, by way of assuaging their fears by way of appealing to their weaknesses via their senses. Like drugs, remove the pain and increase the pleasure at the same time.

The seduction plan, the goal is to have sex like a rapist
1. Determine the INTP's fears, create seemingly secure environment
2. Determine the INTP's aesthetics/character flaws appeal to ego
3. Formulate scenario to remove fears and provide aesthetics.

for criteria #1, I think the enneagram gives a great list of fears for each type
for criteria #2, MBTI does well here
for criteria #2, is based on your effort and creativity to make it happen.

hope this helps.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
That's quite a cynical post you've got there Durentu. I consider seduction to be a good thing when done properly. It's a way for two people to get together intimately, in my experience usually in a good way. Obviously, you can use cold-hearted analysis of seduction to get anything you want (sex, money, jobs etc.), but that's not necessarily what seduction is about.

durentu

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
That's quite a cynical post you've got there Durentu. I consider seduction to be a good thing when done properly. It's a way for two people to get together intimately, in my experience usually in a good way. Obviously, you can use cold-hearted analysis of seduction to get anything you want (sex, money, jobs etc.), but that's not necessarily what seduction is about.

hehe yeah. It does sound like that, but generally speaking seduction is a selfish act by itself.

I agree with you. Seduction is a tool or skill: it can be used for both good or bad.

You can seduce a child to reading or critical thinking as a parent would generally want as reading and critical thinking can be seductive by itself. This using seduction for the benefit of the other. Of course you can use seduction for purely selfish gains like in conquest.

My reply was simply to adhere to the thread topic and specifically to philosophy and technique.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
How to seduce as an INTP: Hope the other person is really high and horny. Otherwise, we'll never have a chance.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
If you're a male, just be confident. If an INTP is confident he could be a seduction machine-with his cold, impersonal comments that the girl finds slightly offensive but "It's the truth, and I tell the truth, bitch. Take it or leave it."

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
You guys don't know how good you have it. I seduce just by walking and talking. It's annoying being up to my neck in the puss 24/7.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My rules for conversation:
  1. Don't take small talk literally.
  2. Don't delve into quantum mechanics until AT LEAST 30 minutes after the conversation has begun.
  3. Spend as much time talking as listening. (and vice versa)
  4. Don't make jokes about the death of cute forest creatures.
  5. Don't initiate a conversation about morality. However, you may participate in the aforementioned discussion if the other person initiated it.
  6. Don't say things just to test people's reactions; most don't like that.
  7. It's a conversation, not an argument; don't get so devoted to winning.
  8. Don't point out flaws in the other person's speech.
  9. Tread carefully when talking about the other person's appearance or physique.
  10. In casual conversation, it's usually best to turn off "critic mode."
  11. The other person has eyes; make eye contact. However, do not stare them down.
(These rules may not apply if the other person broke them first.)

That being said, I break most of them on a regular basis.

Also, I shall raise my hand. :hi:

Well, if you take the opposite of most of those, you now know some of my most excellent seduction techniques. ;)

Some more of them:

-Keep an arsenal of randomly awesome info
-"Reveal" your plans of world domination
-Meow and/or purr
-sdrawkcab etirW
-Travel to somewhere beyond Earth
-Start a cult, preferably one with bunnies and/or koolaid
-Tell the strangest stories ever
-Live in your own world, that these other people just happen to inhabit
-Use any quote by Albert Einstein or Douglas Adams
-Don't be afraid to be narcissistic
-Ask questions, any questions
-Talk about Pi and Pie, preferably in the same sentence
-Play in infinite loops, maybe even strange ones, and have fun with paradoxes
(list goes on in an infinite loop from here)

Proof it works: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/group.php?groupid=72
:D

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
Everything is a potential conversation topic. Don't be afraid to start talking.

How do you feel about forks?

Shimmy said:
Whenever a conversation falls silent I love to say "I'm really thinking of conversation topics but my mind is just blank." or "I hate these awkward silences." It may look self-conscious, but I demonstrate I'm well aware of it, and at least still feel comfortable.

I actually enjoy (relative) silence much of the time. Silence is only awkward for me if I know it's awkward for the other person. Usually I just sit there until something comes to mind, which sometimes takes a while. I've used a discussion about silence to break a silence on several occasions. Usually when I'm nervous (i.e. when I'm talking to an attractive female) my Ne doesn't work, so I have trouble coming up with things to talk about. When I'm with people I know really well, ideas come pretty easily. I think if I could figure out how to switch on the Ne when I'm around new people, I would be fine.

LunaLuminosity said:
Well, if you take the opposite of most of those, you now know some of my most excellent seduction techniques.

Some more of them:

[blah]...

Proof it works: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...php?groupid=72

I'm seduced. :wubbie:

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY

I've actually had a conversation with a friend about this once. It was about the right way to eat spaghetti! He feels you should twist it around your fork, whereas I find it easier to cut it up on my plate and scoop it up with a spoon. So what's your opinion? [/BULLSHIT]

See, conversation topic! This was just the first thing that came to mind as well, not something I had to think of first.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
I think shimmy is right about the jsut talk thing. If it works, then it works. If not, then it failed. That sounded semiscientific, like a hypothesis.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, if you take the opposite of most of those, you now know some of my most excellent seduction techniques. ;)

Some more of them:

-Keep an arsenal of randomly awesome info
-"Reveal" your plans of world domination
-Meow and/or purr
-sdrawkcab etirW
-Travel to somewhere beyond Earth
-Start a cult, preferably one with bunnies and/or koolaid
-Tell the strangest stories ever
-Live in your own world, that these other people just happen to inhabit
-Use any quote by Albert Einstein or Douglas Adams
-Don't be afraid to be narcissistic
-Ask questions, any questions
-Talk about Pi and Pie, preferably in the same sentence
-Play in infinite loops, maybe even strange ones, and have fun with paradoxes
(list goes on in an infinite loop from here)

Proof it works: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/group.php?groupid=72

I'd like to see how I would react to this in action...

Galusha

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7?
I think shimmy is right about the jsut talk thing. If it works, then it works. If not, then it failed. That sounded semiscientific, like a hypothesis.

:doh: Your science will not save you here!

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
While it has its advantages inherent while scooping food, I feel the fork falls short because of its use as a stabbing apparatus. Putting holes in your food truly is asking for trouble. To start, penetrating the outer surface of any given food item will diminish its overall structural integrity. Secondly, the chances of tasting the fork when trying to separate it from the food are rather high. Overall, I find fork usage rather inconvenient.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
Show your intelligence in a non-offensive/belligerent way.
That's why we're called nerds and just friends. Plus, I'v never met anyone who think the sexiest part of man is his mind. You can proclaim taht the inside coutns more than the outside, btu at the end of the day, when everyone pairing up, the guy with just a mind and average everything else is going to be alone and single.

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
That's why we're called nerds and just friends. Plus, I'v never met anyone who think the sexiest part of man is his mind. You can proclaim taht the inside coutns more than the outside, btu at the end of the day, when everyone pairing up, the guy with just a mind and average everything else is going to be alone and single.

What else is there, that can't be taught or adopted?